Advanced Contact Form

Started by Blade~, January 15, 2021, 12:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade~

Anybody using the Advanced Contact Form? Installed it a while ago but can't find support for it on the Mods pages. Having an issue with it after migrating to different host.
'Do nothing and there is nothing that's not done' - Lao Tzu

Running SMF 2.1.4
PHP version: 8.1.16

shadav

is this the one?
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=264416.0

seems the creator removed it from the downloads, but they may still be able to help you in their support thread

Illori

Quote from: shadav on January 15, 2021, 01:22:48 AM
is this the one?
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=264416.0

seems the creator removed it from the downloads, but they may still be able to help you in their support thread

when it is removed from the mod site the support topic gets locked. so most likely there is no further support to be found.

Sir Osis of Liver

As per this, author left the project in 2008, this mod has not been updated or supported for twelve years.  Are you able to uninstall the mod with package manager?  If not, you'll have to uninstall it manually. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Blade~

I was able to run the uninstall but the menu item still there, if I click on it just gives me a blank page. Any way I can manually remove it form the menu?

Running SMF 2.1.4

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in Subs.php, you'll find the main menu button array here -

// All the buttons we can possible want and then some, try pulling the final list of buttons from cache first.
if (($menu_buttons = cache_get_data('menu_buttons-' . implode('_', $user_info['groups']) . '-' . $user_info['language'], $cacheTime)) === null || time() - $cacheTime <= $modSettings['settings_updated'])
{
$buttons = array(
'home' => array(
'title' => $txt['home'],
'href' => $scripturl,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
'is_last' => $context['right_to_left'],
),

Could be elsewhere, but try this first.  It's not encouraging that the uninstall left some code behind, there could be other remnants that may cause problems down the road.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Blade~

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 15, 2021, 12:34:50 PM
Look in Subs.php, you'll find the main menu button array here -

This worked, thanks much. I checked the forum for other possible problems but so far everything looks good, all other menu items are working and I can browse the forum. Hopefully this is all I needed. Thanks for the help again!

Running SMF 2.1.4

Advertisement: