News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Reseller

Started by Diego Andrés, July 30, 2014, 11:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

I said on click, not on hover. On hover is easy.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Goodman854

Maybe you don't know what I'm trying to say. Because the default theme DOES absolutely do what I said.

https://youtu.be/ViuUGbdGY7M

Ninja ZX-10RR

And that is NOT the default theme! The default theme is the one in use on this site.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Gluz

This Theme on click in a Menu item that have submenus act just to open/close the dropdown, you need to modify the Javascript function to change the close action with the action used on the other menu tabs.

Goodman854

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on July 31, 2016, 02:20:45 AM
And that is NOT the default theme! The default theme is the one in use on this site.
I am aware but the default acts similarly. It was an example.

Didn't think I'd need to go this far to indicate the obvious but:
https://youtu.be/LaMNlr3jvp4

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Goodman854 on July 31, 2016, 04:40:41 PM

I think we are not understanding each other at this point.
The default menu GOES to the main button link, if clicked, while what you meant in the other pages was an onclick menu, that showed the dropdown on click, NOT going to the main button link.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Goodman854

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on July 31, 2016, 05:58:22 PM
Quote from: Goodman854 on July 31, 2016, 04:40:41 PM

I think we are not understanding each other at this point.
The default menu GOES to the main button link, if clicked, while what you meant in the other pages was an onclick menu, that showed the dropdown on click, NOT going to the main button link.
Either one I don't really care. The point is this one does neither of thoes.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I've used this great theme on several sites I worked on, I'm pretty damn sure it does work (I even have it here http://ninjatest2.altervista.org/index.php?action=forum). I have no idea how you can say it doesn't do anything, really, it works on CLICK (if there are sub-buttons, that is), which is the opposite of the default theme that works on HOVER.

Not to mention I don't think the Cust team would have approved a theme with a non-working menu, lol. If it doesn't work for you it may as well be a JS conflict, but it's definitely not the theme being at fault for that - it'd be your particular configuration.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Goodman854

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 03, 2016, 01:52:42 AM
I've used this great theme on several sites I worked on, I'm pretty damn sure it does work (I even have it here http://ninjatest2.altervista.org/index.php?action=forum). I have no idea how you can say it doesn't do anything, really, it works on CLICK (if there are sub-buttons, that is), which is the opposite of the default theme that works on HOVER.

Not to mention I don't think the Cust team would have approved a theme with a non-working menu, lol. If it doesn't work for you it may as well be a JS conflict, but it's definitely not the theme being at fault for that - it'd be your particular configuration.
I really don't understand how you don't understand what isn't working here. I tested your website same issues. I know I get submenus the problem isn't the submenu it's the main menu of that submenu being unclickable but clickable in literately every other theme. Don't get me wrong I love this theme. But that is the one major gaping flaw.

Example on your site you have "MEMBERS" without clicking on a sub link MEMBERS should take you to the members page. This becomes more apparent with the admin button.

being unable to get directly to the main admin page directly is a massive oversight. No offense to the creator This is just my opinion. And most other themes follow my opinion.

Ninja ZX-10RR

That's much more clear! It doesn't work as it's the button to open the submenu, he'd have to split the arrow from the actual link. I don't like Javascript stuff, so I'm not the best at doing these kind of edits.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Gluz

You didn't understand us either.

We were saying that in this theme, the Menu Tabs that have Submenus act only as a Dropdown open/close buttons, not as a regular link tab, so you have to modify the Javascript of that part to change the close action to the redirection to the link, or modify the template and put the dropdown only in the arrow as Ninja ZX said.

Javascript isn't my best either, so, I opted for another hacky solution for that: add in the submenu array the actual element, for example in Admin I have the Admin sub item, and so on. I know that it isn't the best solution, but is the fast to edit in the source files.

Goodman854

Quote from: Gluz on August 04, 2016, 09:00:27 PM
You didn't understand us either.

We were saying that in this theme, the Menu Tabs that have Submenus act only as a Dropdown open/close buttons, not as a regular link tab, so you have to modify the Javascript of that part to change the close action to the redirection to the link, or modify the template and put the dropdown only in the arrow as Ninja ZX said.

Javascript isn't my best either, so, I opted for another hacky solution for that: add in the submenu array the actual element, for example in Admin I have the Admin sub item, and so on. I know that it isn't the best solution, but is the fast to edit in the source files.
Well Ninja said that is much more clear now so obviously not everyone understood me at first but its fine.

Regardless, I understand what you are saying in this post and that sounds like an "OKISH" work around. How or where do I go to add the submenu to ADMIN?
index.template.php?

Ninja ZX-10RR

/Sources/Subs.php around lines 4000 (depending on how modded your forum is) you will find a monstrous array with all the buttons, pretty intuitive even without php knowledge :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Goodman854

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 04, 2016, 11:48:48 PM
/Sources/Subs.php around lines 4000 (depending on how modded your forum is) you will find a monstrous array with all the buttons, pretty intuitive even without php knowledge :)
Alright thanks.

moner

Quote from: Gluz on November 21, 2015, 09:11:56 PM
Well, this is a hackish way to do it.

In index.template.php search:
foreach ($button_strip as $key => $value)
{
if (!isset($value['test']) || !empty($context[$value['test']]))
$buttons[] = '
<li><a' . (isset($value['id']) ? ' id="button_strip_' . $value['id'] . '"' : '') . ' class="button_strip_' . $key . (isset($value['active']) ? ' active' : '') . '" href="' . $value['url'] . '"' . (isset($value['custom']) ? ' ' . $value['custom'] : '') . '><span>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</span></a></li>';
}

and replace with:
$out_button = array();
foreach ($button_strip as $key => $value)
{
if (!isset($value['test']) || !empty($context[$value['test']]))
if ($key == 'new_topic' || $key == 'reply')
$out_button[] = '
<span><a' . (isset($value['id']) ? ' id="button_strip_' . $value['id'] . '"' : '') . ' class="button_strip_' . $key . (isset($value['active']) ? ' active' : '') . '" href="' . $value['url'] . '"' . (isset($value['custom']) ? ' ' . $value['custom'] : '') . '><span>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</span></a></span>';
else
$buttons[] = '
<li><a' . (isset($value['id']) ? ' id="button_strip_' . $value['id'] . '"' : '') . ' class="button_strip_' . $key . (isset($value['active']) ? ' active' : '') . '" href="' . $value['url'] . '"' . (isset($value['custom']) ? ' ' . $value['custom'] : '') . '><span>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</span></a></li>';
}

then search:
echo '
<div class="btn-group', !empty($direction) ? ' navbar-' . $direction : '', '"', (empty($buttons) ? ' style="display: none;"' : ''), (!empty($strip_options['id']) ? ' id="' . $strip_options['id'] . '"': ''), '>
<button type="button" class="btn btn-success dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">
    +
  </button>
<ul class="dropdown-menu" role="menu">',
implode('', $buttons), '
</ul>
</div>';

and replace with:
echo '
<div class="btn-group', !empty($direction) ? ' navbar-' . $direction : '', '"', (empty($buttons) ? ' style="display: none;"' : ''), (!empty($strip_options['id']) ? ' id="' . $strip_options['id'] . '"': ''), '>', implode('', $out_button), '
<button type="button" class="btn btn-success dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">
    +
  </button>
<ul class="dropdown-menu" role="menu">',
implode('', $buttons), '
</ul>
</div>';

Hi
i think there problem in this code

i see send reply and send new topic by Google Chrome
but by firefox i see send reply ONLY
Please try it from your end ,i think problem in this code:
if ($key == 'new_topic' || $key == 'reply')
$out_button[] = '
<span><a' . (isset($value['id']) ? ' id="button_strip_' . $value['id'] . '"' : '') . ' class="button_strip_' . $key . (isset($value['active']) ? ' active' : '') . '" href="' . $value['url'] . '"' . (isset($value['custom']) ? ' ' . $value['custom'] : '') . '><span>' . $txt[$value['text']] . '</span></a></span>';
else

bod22

Hi, I have a problem with a shoutbox on my site. I've changed default theme into Reseller and some icons from shoutbox are outc of it. I tried to reinstall it but it didn't help. Could you help me to bring them back into shoutbox?

Link to my forum is  strefapsx.pl/forum/index.php

jholla

I'm getting a ton of the following errors logged when I use this theme:

8: Array to string conversion
File: /home/unoffici/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2433

Which is this in the code:

$code = strtr($tag['content'], array('$1' => $data));

Any ideas on how to fix it?

secretuser5

How can I change the board icons the specific ones for each board? I tried to use this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3604
But it doesn't work with the theme! With the default theme it works. What can I do?

Kindred

you would have to manually edit your theme files to implement the mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

secretuser5

ok, can you please tell me how I can do this

Advertisement: