News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Better Profile Menu (SMF 2.0.x Only)

Started by dougiefresh, July 30, 2014, 12:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hmm I just noticed a little annoying thing.

If you use SimpleDesk then the previous versions were completely hiding the Helpdesk button in the profile view, in the newer ones it's just set in between the normal ones... I used this to get rid of it since I didn't want it - https://www.simpledesk.net/community/index.php?topic=1115.msg10695#msg10695 also because I wasn't able to reorder it...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

So would an option to reorder the Profile menu and hide items in the Profile menu be helpful?

Ninja ZX-10RR

You can do it via code quite easily... The annoying thing was SimpleDesk in this case because it totally bypasses the arrays in the file ;)
Since nobody asked for it yet I think that the majority of users could go with editing the stuff via code but if you want to make a whole menu for that I guess it will be fine anyway, it just adds more chances to create unwanted bugs to me though, compared to the pros. An hide option... Lol again to me is quite easy to comment out or delete snippets, but I'm speaking for myself. Perhaps if there will be some people asking for it you could think about it...
This, all IMHO. :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

QuoteThe annoying thing was SimpleDesk in this case because it totally bypasses the arrays in the file

Hooks are a thing and more mods should use them. LevGal will do the same thing in the profile area though I don't plan to touch the main menu area for that one.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Don't get me wrong it's not a complaint it's that in this case it's not easy to tweak ;) you can deactivate it (like I did) or either leave it but in the place he wants to be in :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Sure it's a complaint. People don't toss out the word 'annoying' for things they *like*.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I already stated that it's not a complaint to me, if you know better the way I feel about it then it's your call... This topic is for dougie's mod, not Simpledesk, if I have complaints about SimpleDesk I will post on the relative site (just the way I already did a few times - my only 2 complaints about it are the missing time query and the urgency stuff).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 09, 2014, 08:00:25 PM
You can do it via code quite easily... The annoying thing was SimpleDesk in this case because it totally bypasses the arrays in the file ;)
Since nobody asked for it yet I think that the majority of users could go with editing the stuff via code but if you want to make a whole menu for that I guess it will be fine anyway, it just adds more chances to create unwanted bugs to me though, compared to the pros. An hide option... Lol again to me is quite easy to comment out or delete snippets, but I'm speaking for myself. Perhaps if there will be some people asking for it you could think about it...
This, all IMHO. :)
Well, the reason that I changed the mod to add items to the Profile menu was that I found items added in my "upcoming-forum" site that were completely left out.  So just adding the new lines fixes that problem.  So if you don't need the sorting and/or selection feature(s), I won't bother with it....  (Honestly, those features would be a probably total *itch to write anyways.....)

Ninja ZX-10RR

I wouldn't bother either... Pretty sure you have much more important stuff to do ;) for instance I'm extremely busy with tweaking the themes :P I might redistribute some of them but I'm not sure about putting them on this site, I'm not fine with what happened and what happens here so perhaps I will stick to BurkeKnight site for that, still undecided. If anyone has suggestions is not just free, is invited to pm me :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

dougiefresh

v1.8 - January 16th, 2015
o License change to Simplified BSD.  No functionality change.

Steve

Hey Dougie, any chance of adding 'Show Topics' or 'My Topics' to this so it shows the threads a member has started?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

dougiefresh

Uploaded March 5th, 2015:
o Added some code to add "Topics" after "Show Posts" entry in the Profile menu

Life has been busy lately.  Last week, I worked 90 hours over 8 days....

Steve

You're awesome dude. Thanks. :D

Edit: There's a serious problem. Got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ''title'' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting '(' in /home/steve/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-BetterProfileMenu.php on line 51

And I didn't mean to sound pushy. That's a lot of hours.  :o

dougiefresh

Please redownload the mod.  I've fixed the issue and don't feel like changing the version number.   :-\  Thanks for the bug report, Steve!

@Steve: You can just replace the Sources/Subs-BetterProfileMenu.php with the one in the newest v1.9 copy of the mod.  That'll fix the problem....

EDIT: No worries....  Just been away from the puter for a while :P

Steve

Works a treat now. Thanks Dougie. :D

dougiefresh

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.10 - June 12, 2015
o Fixed Sources/Load.php to properly deal with language reloading.

villasg

Installed without errors in 2.0.10
Thanks

SMiFFER

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS NICE THING + the "better" Admin menu!

Greatly appreciated!

One request though: Can you include a sub-option "Show threads" (that the user created) WITHOUT listing the first post as SMF does by default?

That would make it perfect!
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Advertisement: