News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adding membergroups through SQL

Started by Jade Elizabeth, August 03, 2014, 08:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

I want to add like 30 membergroups but I want to do it quickly through SQL since they will all have everything the same except for colour, group name/description/id, and badge.

Is there a way to do it? I was looking at the tables and it seems like it is going to be excruciating to do it that way cause of board perms and possibly other stuff I have overlooked.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Justyne

Dare I ask why you don't use "Set permissions like this group:" or "Apply pre-defined permission set (?):"

If you have to open each membergroup anyway to set the colour I doubt doing this in SQL is any faster.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I'd prefer Justyne advice. But, if you really wanna do it, first make a sample membergroup that you want. Then, backup sql for the relevant table and see how you can modify it so that you can import it back with the new 30 membergroups already added in it. It should be small and simple as it involves only an empty membergroup. Do it in a test forum and database of course before implementing in the real one. :)

Jade Elizabeth

I did do it as inherit, but there's still 100000000 entries in the board permissions table for it :S.

I ended up doing it by hand, back button was a freaking life saver cause all the right boards were checked :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Irisado

Jade, could I just double check whether you're referring to MySQL or SQLite here.  I thought it was the latter initially, which is why I moved it here, but now I'm not so sure.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Arantor

It's clearly MySQL not SQLite since that's phpMyAdmin.

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: