Database Error: Field 'ign_ignore_list' doesn't have a default value

Started by Mark Thomas, August 06, 2014, 05:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

When i try to register a new member this is what happens.

Moved everything to a new server and now get the following error. Looked high and low but found nothing! Really scratching my head over this one.
Forum is 10 years old, if that matters.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?action=admin;area=regcenter
Database Error: Field 'ign_ignore_list' doesn't have a default value
Only show the errors from this file File:<path removed>/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 772

Field 'ign_ignore_list' doesn't have a default value
File: <path removed>/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 772

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Tried the upgrade idea but it failed on file attachment name length, or something like that!

Contents of Subs-Members.php

766          // Register them into the database.
   767          $smcFunc['db_insert']('',
   768                  '{db_prefix}members',
   769                  $column_names,
   770                  $values,
   771                  array('id_member')
   772          );

many thanks for any help!

margarett

Forget about that message, it's a wrong and annoying information.

Now, ign_ignore_list doesn't seem to be a default field in SMF, which brings the question: what mods are you using?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Mark Thomas

Thanks!

The only mod i have installed is cb|GeSHi-mod. And that was installed on the previous sever.

Arantor

So have you had a mod related to ignoring people at some point?

margarett

A google search brings this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=185

But that's not even close to compatible to 2.0 so I have no idea how you got to that.

Didn't you upgrade to 2.0 in the process of moving servers?

Your best best is to backup your database, go to your database via phpmyadmin, edit the structure of the table smf_members and remove that column...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Mark Thomas

Quote from: ‽ on August 06, 2014, 06:23:29 PM
So have you had a mod related to ignoring people at some point?
I may have a long time ago. I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks

Mark Thomas

Quote from: margarett on August 06, 2014, 06:24:21 PM
Didn't you upgrade to 2.0 in the process of moving servers?
No, it was already at 2.0.8

QuoteYour best best is to backup your database, go to your database via phpmyadmin, edit the structure of the table smf_members and remove that column...
Thanks, i'll give that a try.

margarett

@‽ you that know all these database-specific stuff :P , it is possible that the new server (due to different versions of MySQL of course) handles the non-existing default value in a different way than the previous one?

Arantor

Nah, I'd just presume SMF's backup broke it in passing; I've seen cases of backups being broken where it's hit something unexpected and not processed it correctly especially in cases of default values before now.

Mark Thomas

I did go to a newer version of MySQL. *shrug*

Right now ....

mysql> describe smf_members;
+----------------------+-----------------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+
| Field                | Type                  | Null | Key | Default    | Extra          |
+----------------------+-----------------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+
| id_member            | mediumint(8) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL       | auto_increment |
| member_name          | varchar(80)           | NO   | MUL |            |                |
| date_registered      | int(10) unsigned      | NO   | MUL | 0          |                |
| ign_ignore_list      | mediumtext            | NO   |     | NULL

now trying to figure out to remove/delete a Field from MySQL. LOL

margarett

Command line? You brave man ;D

Don't you have phpmyadmin? That's easier ;)

By command line (or SQL query) it should be "ALTER TABLE `smf_members` DROP `ign_ignore_list`;"

Mark Thomas

For the record .........

mysql> alter table smf_members drop ign_ignore_list;

worked just fine. :D

thank you so much!!

Arantor

And yes if you transferred that with SMF's backup procedure, I can see why it might not have passed things properly.

Advertisement: