News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

changing content to another forum

Started by nikkinoodles, August 06, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: JBlaze on August 07, 2014, 05:28:38 PM
The issue with GoDaddy, mainly, is that their server security rules like to delete files such as Subs-Post.php. I'm interested in seeing what they have to say this time around.
More or less they will say the same thing... That is something on SMF side, that is totally false, and that they also tried to contact SimpleMachines, again false as stated by Kindred himself in another post...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

nikkinoodles

Sorry for the last response. We moved the site over to a cpanel account and now we have no site, it's saying there's an internal error. My dad moved everything over to them. Any clue as to how to get it to work??? I tried loading the repair settings and it still wont take me anywhere.

kat

Quote from: nikkinoodles on August 11, 2014, 01:57:22 PMI tried loading the repair settings and it still wont take me anywhere.

What do you mean, by that, exactly? Repair_settings won't load?

When did you move everything over? Don't forget, DNS stuff can take a while to propagate...

Kindred

Internal error sounds like a 500 error -- which is a server-side issue.

I suggest that you check with your host - there can be many causes of a 500 error, including bad chmod permissions - your host should be able to indicate what the actual trigger is...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nikkinoodles

I gave them a call. They were able to fix the 500 error. Now the site is back up and running! Now it's time to make it look like it used to. I want to thank you guys for helping me through this, I am glad you guys suggested to find the problem and fix it rather than a new site. We went to a new hosting company instead and they were able to fix it. No more godaddy for us.

Thank you again!

kat

Loads of grief! Glad you got there, in the end, Nik!

Gotta lurve SlowDaddy... ;)

nikkinoodles

Glad I did too  ;D. Looks good to see it back up!

Advertisement: