News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

iOS.MF

Started by filmstarr, August 07, 2014, 11:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filmstarr

Link to the theme

iOS.MF

An iOS optimised theme for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

This is a very lightweight theme which provides a great user experience when interacting with the core functionality of SMF on mobile devices.

It is recommended that you use this theme with the "Show most recent posts at the top" option on.

This has been used with various versions of SMF from 2.0 RC3 through to SMF 2.0.8, but has not been tested with all of them.

Settings and admin pages should be accessed via the default user theme.

iOS.MF Mod

This theme has a mod which adds extra, optional functions to iOS.MF which enable the theme to extend the default SMF behaviour in a number of small ways.

At present this modification enables the following functionality within the theme:

- A drop down list of forum users when composing personal messages
- A count of the unread topics displayed as a badge on the toolbar
- When viewing personal messages as a conversation or one at a time, only mark messages as read once they have been opened, rather than viewed in the top level menu

Gestures and Navigation

Swipe left to go back.

Swipe right to go forward.

Press and hold the previous/next page buttons to go to first/last page respectively.

Tap on the topic title to access quick reply..

Tap the default theme button to go to the forum default theme. Press and hold the default theme button to go to the SMF default theme.

Credits

This theme is based on the excellent SMF4iPhone by Fabius, butchs and FarFromPerfection: http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2089.

Thanks to xKroniK13x for contributions and suggestions towards this theme.

The theme uses the Adk Skype Emoticons to give crisp retina smileys (licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/), the Simple Line Icons set from Graphic Burger (http://graphicburger.com/simple-line-icons-set-vol-1/, see also vol-2, vol-3 and vol-4) and Infinite Loop (Gif) by Rob Nichols (https://dribbble.com/shots/1372400-Infinite-Loop-Gif?list=buckets&offset=7).

Internally we use jQuery, jQuery Mobile, jQuery Autosize, jQuery Magnific Popup, Hammer.js and fastclick.js libraries.

License

iOS.MF is licensed under the MIT Open Source license.

aksal

It looks great. Bravo :)
Now, what about Android? You know, there are way more Android devices than iOS ones.
More screenshots would be very welcome...

cheers

filmstarr

Thanks aksal, I've attached a few more screenshots for you here!

The theme should work fine on Android too and also other mobile devices and desktop browsers as well. :) I just don't have an Android device to test this on though so I can't make any great claims as to how it'll look! ;)

aksal

Just wow.....
The most impresive SMF theme I have seen recently. A desktop version of this theme should be perfect too. Thank you.

filmstarr

:D Thanks aksal, that's really great to hear!

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Very nice and simple. +3

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

GPowerE36

Please help, install the theme on my forum and get it in my iphone theme does not work. Stand like frozen, I can see only the beginning of the forum nothing works. How to fix it?

filmstarr

Quote from: GPowerE36 on August 10, 2014, 11:19:12 AM
Please help, install the theme on my forum and get it in my iphone theme does not work. Stand like frozen, I can see only the beginning of the forum nothing works. How to fix it?
Hi GPowerE36

Sorry that you can't get the theme to work. What mods do you have installed and do you have a test site that I could look at or screenshots that would describe the problem at all? I'm afraid I can't tell what the issue is without some more information here. All themes are tested thoroughly on a default installation of SMF and work correctly with the latest software.

All the best, filmstarr

filmstarr

Quote from: ahrasis on August 09, 2014, 12:59:29 AM
Very nice and simple. +3
Thanks ahrasis, I'm really glad to hear you like it! :D

filmstarr

Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 09, 2014, 01:06:58 AM
Nice work, you could also link this other mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2408
Thanks Diego! Yes the original SMF4iPhone mod is a great addition to any forum and can really make the most of a theme such as this one. I have similar mobile device detection running on my forum and it's something that the users really appreciate!

GPowerE36

Here are the settings I've done. Everything I tried, but to no avail.

filmstarr

Thanks GPowerE36, I've had a look at your website but I'm afraid I couldn't register (I couldn't enter the required cyrillic characters). I see the default theme on my iPhone and not iOS.MF by default. Do the buttons on the toolbar work for you? The release version of the theme does not support Simple Portal (mainly because I haven't written the required CSS to make it look good) and as my language skills don't extend far beyond English the only language supported is, you guessed it, English (any translations gratefully received)!

A few other things that would be worth looking at are the SMF error log and whether your browser gives you any errors in the console too.

exabyte

What font are you using op?

Portugal

Quote from: GPowerE36 on August 10, 2014, 11:19:12 AM

On my case was that mod whos block (frozen as you said): Like Posts just unistal them and it work....now!

Best regards

krishna.k

@filmstar
this theme looks great. but when I installed it in my forum I cannot see any option anywhere except for the themes page where I can select thisa s the default theme...

Checked default curve theme's settings, checked my current forum theme's settings, current theme and several other places in the admin section. Don't have an iOS device handy to check it that would come in on iOS by default! Can you please guide...

SBonney

I would like to add a small graphic to the Home header in this theme, or perhaps replace the text header with a small banner. I would appreciate any pointers in where to start poking around.
thanks,
Sean

xpLosIve.

Hello.

I've installed this theme on my forum, but it looks like it doesn't change automatically to this theme when I'm on an iPhone device. How I can make that possible ?

lordrene

Quote from: xpLosIve. on October 14, 2014, 05:28:14 PM
Hello.

I've installed this theme on my forum, but it looks like it doesn't change automatically to this theme when I'm on an iPhone device. How I can make that possible ?
Install this http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3349
and there will be an option to choose the theme for mobile

Advertisement: