News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

autobots help

Started by mittal, August 11, 2014, 02:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittal

hi smf

i am using latest smf version and i am facing problems in it.autobots registering my site and posting crap topics.captcha is enabled during registeration though i am facing problem.

how i stop them?

Shambles

Did you implement any of the suggestions when you previously asked this?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=471071

mittal

yes i asked it before and i did eveything as said there but i cant do admin approval bcoz admins are not online all time.how autobots registers site even captcha is enabled?seems like autobots also resolves captacha words.

Arantor

a10

Use some questions. My current system, 100% effective > http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=525929.msg3727607#msg3727607

Got 10 questions like those, 2 of them as 'Number of verification questions'. So far so good, over many years and millions of registration attempts, maybe the bots will one day find a way to crack this, but no sign of that yet. Human bots will get trough (only seen a handful of these over the years), if any problem one may want to use something like www.stopforumspam.com in addition.

Example, try something like this and the bots will immediately hit the wall, and any real potential member with just 2 more braincells than an earthworm will have no problems (those with less you don't want as members anyway :O)

Write the last 4 letters seen in 3#5adsjhuy4#4    >   jhuy

See attachment for standard example of bot activity on my forum, never managing to register.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kindred

also, please note...

"latest" has never been and never will be a version.
You should always include the ACTUAL version number...  because, even if you are running 2.0.8 right now...   if we released 2.0.9 tomorrow, your post would be incorrect.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mittal

i enabled 2 security questions before registeration.

how can i delete spam topics together which is posted by bots?

Mstcool

Go to your profile>Look and Layout>Scroll down to the "Show quick-moderation as" Icon and select Checkboxes.

Then go to the board, check all the spam topics and click on delete.

mittal

thank you smf for help.

:)

Mstcool

a10

mittal, if using the style of questions I posted about, tell how it went (should be zero bots), and post eventual improvements to the question 'layout' you may have worked out. Thanks.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

butchs

Quote from: Kindred on August 11, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
...  if we released 2.0.9 tomorrow, your post would be incorrect.

Tomorrow?  You guys are fast!  ;)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

This is obviously some new definition of the word fast that I am not familiar with.

butchs

Now, now...  Lets not get me in trouble with MGMT again!   O:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

No, no, I don't really see you as being in trouble with the management, since I call them out on the same issue pretty much monthly. We're not quite up to the point in the month where I will again remind interested parties of their inability to deploy the current patches of their software to their own site, and then it will descend into madness from thence onwards.

butchs

Bla...  SMF top cats?   :o  Me no scared of cats!  8)

I was talking about the Psychedelic Rock band... 

;)  :laugh:

Mstcool

Quote from: a10 on August 13, 2014, 11:00:23 AM
mittal, if using the style of questions I posted about, tell how it went (should be zero bots), and post eventual improvements to the question 'layout' you may have worked out. Thanks.

Also add tons of anti-spam mods. By that I mean about 2: bad behaviour, and the anti captcha one (the one with the pic one, I forgot the name). Oh, and also add the anti-spam mod that makes peeps choose a few images before registering (forgot the name of the mod), just search it up on the mod site or ill try finding it tomorrow cuz ima sleep in a bit. :p

Advertisement: