4.    Word Censor List    1.1    
5.    Tabbed Categories    0.1.3    
6.    Global Headers Footers    2.0.1    
7.    FantasticSmileys    1.0    
8.    SimplePortal    2.3.5    
9.    6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus (4)    0.5    
10.    Ohara YouTube Embed    1.2    
11.    MySQL Board Order Fix

I could use some advice on upgrading. There is no upgrade 2.0.5 to 2.0.8 is a step up best or a
full install bests.
2. Will these mods mess with the upgrade.

I will do a backs up before I try but any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DC

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Arantor

No, you install the 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 mod, then 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 then 2.0.7 to 2.0.8, from http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

SaltedWeb

How does that affect current installed mods ??
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Arantor

It doesn't affect them because you're just installing new mods.

SaltedWeb

So does the Admin CP upgrade ok, or should it be done manually to step up ?

SaltedWeb

PS what is your name?  ‽, not sure what that is LOL :laugh:

Kindred

The symbol is called interobang

Just use the version to version patches in order, though the package manager
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

2.0.7 to 2.08 showed no errors at install however resulted in the below.

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY b.board_order' at line 22
File: /home/uniteds/public_html/Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 72

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Arantor

So you hit the bug with PMx Sub Forum or whatever it's called. Or you had the MySQL Board Order Fix mod installed. You know, like we discussed in the other thread a few days ago.

SaltedWeb

LOL yep and is why I was asking this , now the site is gone and I am restoring . Fun.
I kinda new it was not going to work, and is why I was asking the details I was.
I have backups but going to be awhile.

:P

SaltedWeb

Have 1 line error after restore only one line but now have to track it down.
Topic solved.

Mstcool

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on August 13, 2014, 07:24:45 PM
2.0.7 to 2.08 showed no errors at install however resulted in the below.

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY b.board_order' at line 22
File: /home/uniteds/public_html/Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 72

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Quote from: ‽ on August 13, 2014, 07:56:32 PM
So you hit the bug with PMx Sub Forum or whatever it's called. Or you had the MySQL Board Order Fix mod installed. You know, like we discussed in the other thread a few days ago.

Moral of the story: always read the patches information thread before upgrading. ;) or just ask before upgrading. :p

SaltedWeb

Arantor

And then again if you have any doubt as to what is being said, because assuming is almost guaranteed to be wrong.

I've been doing the CompSci thing almost my entire life and assumptions still come back to bite me. I fail to see why people who've not dedicated their life to the same field should magically be any different.

SaltedWeb

Thanks again for the help here and on the other I did upgrade just not to the 2.0.8 due to the crash issues. Which I will have to figure out at another time.
Have a good evening and thank you again.

Kindred

If you stopped at 2.0.7, then you are likely to encounter issues...  Which was the reason we erased the 2.0.8 fix for those issues.

Just uninstall the MySQL board order fix first.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SaltedWeb

Hi there, I stopped at 2.0.6 so before moving past 2.07 remove the update fix?
And then it should be ok ?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I am not sure why you cannot update to 2.0.8. If PMX subforums mod is the issue (like was mentioned here), there is already a fix in the mod support page as well as in PortaMX forum (subforums board).

Advertisement: