error after moving site to another server

Started by lowpricehosts, August 16, 2014, 08:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpricehosts

Hello, i moved my site to a new server other cpanel server, and i seem to have a issue i corrected phpmyadmin not sure how i can fix this i am new to smf.

http://lowpricehosts.com/

Warning: require_once(/home/hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/Sources/Load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/index.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/Sources/Load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/index.php on line 54

kat

Is load.php actually there?

If not, put it there. If it seems to vanish, of it's own accord, you have a possible problem with dear ol' mod_security.

lowpricehosts

Thanks for the reply :) where is load.php located, or where should it be located? I am new to smf  :-[

lowpricehosts

kat

It kinda fits, here. :)

As the error says, it should be in the "Sources" directory.

The path /hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/index.php is kinda odd. I'd expect index.php to be in /hostingandvps/public_html/index.php Dunno where the lowpricehosts thing comes from.

lowpricehosts

Found in the folder sources correct was missing added now will see if it works site is loading but not finishing the load and kind of stuck.

lowpricehosts

FIXED! Thank you for your time and the reply :) oh while your active i noticed on google my site has no description, any tip on that please, or any mod recommendations?

kat

Google will find you. CONTENT is what's important. For a forum, all that SEO nonsense is pretty pointless, really.

lowpricehosts

ON any links i click on eg: forum - login gives me not found 404 :O

lowpricehosts

Yes did not seem to fix it, there is no actual disable all mods ( mod ) so i have removed smf and will install again and build the site again as though it was a new site anyway.

Thanks  :)

kat

Sounds like a plan! :)

I'll mention this topic in your other thread.

lowpricehosts

Still got the phpmyadmin files etc so can fix easily :)

kat

Ha! :)

By the way, if you're new to SMF, you might not be aware of the most important thing, about this kinda stuff.

Read my sig. ;) Click it, for the "How?". :)

Mstcool

Quote from: K@ on August 16, 2014, 10:55:06 AM
It kinda fits, here. :)

As the error says, it should be in the "Sources" directory.

The path /hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/index.php is kinda odd. I'd expect index.php to be in /hostingandvps/public_html/index.php Dunno where the lowpricehosts thing comes from.

Just like SMF's forum is included in the community directory, OP's is included in the lowpricehost.com directory. :p
Thats why index.php is there.

Or am I wrong? 0.o

lowpricehosts

Yeh should be inex.php but i changed all url's i am doing a full restore from server to server, if it goes wrong my smf expert friend will fix it later today but i want to try fix it myself 1st :D

lowpricehosts

Another thing is how come smf does not have disable all mods like elgg cms ? This is very important or maybe you can do this? I think the packages aka mods change system default files in order to operate effectively though is there option to disable all mods or this can not be done what so ever?

Mstcool

What do you mean by all mods? Like the default features? Or the mods from the mod site? If its from the mods site, you don't have to upload them to your site, if you want to disable them. :P

lowpricehosts

OH so how do you disable all mods? i have tried repair.php doesn't work, it is the pretty urls and another plugin remove index.php that is the issue if i could disable them then i could get the site working, well doing a full restore so the issue may not arise though lets see!  :)

Mstcool

I think you would need to install the mods again and then uninstall them.

lowpricehosts

Kindred

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

yet another reason not to use prettyurls...

and you should NEVER NEVER use that remove index.php.   It *WILL* cause issues and serves NO ACTUAL benefit at all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lowpricehosts

oh but looks ugly index.php looks not very nice, i can get it working will just have to redesign the whole site again  :( :'( :'(

Kindred

it doesn't look nice?   What do you mean? Every site under the sun has an index or other named file at the end of a URL...   besides the fact that no one actually even looks at the url.

So, you are going to cause issues for your site just because you don't think index.php LOOKS nice?

I will never understand some admins...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lowpricehosts

It is just my preference but the topic posts being numbers and not the title is a big problem especially for seo, sounds like i am ******ing now ha ha  :laugh:

Kindred

no it is not.... seo has almost nothing at all to do with the URL.
Слaва
Украинi

lowpricehosts

Quote from: Kindred on August 17, 2014, 08:43:23 AM
no it is not.... seo has almost nothing at all to do with the URL.

I have never pm'd anyone here not sure why you said that?

Kindred

the pm line is part of my signature line... 
Слaва
Украинi

lowpricehosts

Got the site working now but a lot of mods will not install i get these kind of messages:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function OYTE_Preparse() in /home/hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/Sources/Subs.php on line 954

Anyone got any ideas :)

kat

I'd assume that to be a mod that hasn't installed, properly.

lowpricehosts

Yes but how come? Site is ok now i can login forum works but some mods wont install, i deleted eg: pretty url's then installed again and got that error, hmmm?

lowpricehosts

OH just noticed this all posts eg:

http://lowpricehosts.com/tutorials/the-best-super-cheap-ddos-protection/

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mentions_post_scripts() in /home/hostingandvps/public_html/lowpricehosts.com/Sources/Display.php on line 70

kat

Pretty URLs is a waste of space, in my humble opinion. It can cause headaches, just like those ones.

Has your host got "mod_security" enabled, by any chance? That can screw a lot of things, too, coz a lot of hosts don't seem to know even what that actually does.

It's stupid.

It goes mental, for example, if I say that I used to live in Essex. Why? Coz it contains the letters "S", "E" and "X", in that order.

Yes, it really is that pathetic.

lowpricehosts

Thanks for the reply i will try to fix even deleting the pretty url's mod still there are issues will try work it out :)

kat

Don't delete. Uninstall. That's probably what you meant. But, there IS a difference. ;)

Quote from: lowpricehosts on August 17, 2014, 10:30:39 AMthere are issues will try work it out :)

I like your style. :)

Mstcool

Quote from: K@ on August 17, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
Pretty URLs is a waste of space, in my humble opinion. It can cause headaches, just like those ones.

Has your host got "mod_security" enabled, by any chance? That can screw a lot of things, too, coz a lot of hosts don't seem to know even what that actually does.

It's stupid.

It goes mental, for example, if I say that I used to live in Essex. Why? Coz it contains the letters "S", "E" and "X", in that order.

Yes, it really is that pathetic.

Mod_security is perverted. :p

Arantor

Actually, it's not. Most hosts that implement the extended rule set do so because spam and similar is likely to use such things, plus it makes it easier to keep their servers clean from material that is legally questionable in some places.

Mstcool

Quote from: ‽ on August 17, 2014, 09:08:53 PM
Actually, it's not. Most hosts that implement the extended rule set do so because spam and similar is likely to use such things, plus it makes it easier to keep their servers clean from material that is legally questionable in some places.

Oh, true true. :p

lowpricehosts

FIXED IT! How?

Installed new smf fresh, added old db, did not work deleted everything kept the db intact, uploaded the same backup again, used repair settings, changed db details etc but left the old db intact, did this 2 times then now it is fixed, i am unsure how i fixed it i just would not rest until i could fix it!   I n total i restored the site 12 times.

Mstcool

Wow, 12 times!

Well, I'm glad you sorted it out. :)

jbrianj

There's something magical about mod_rewrite you can rewrite URL's like index.php to something like /home and make it stay like that on the index page.

It's not hard to use at all:
hxxp:httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_rewrite.html [nonactive]

P.S. The verification is incredibly hard to read. The worst of its kind.

P.S 2 Requesting another image brings me all the way back to the top of the page(Quick reply).

lowpricehosts

Advertisement: