News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

error after moving site to another server

Started by lowpricehosts, August 16, 2014, 08:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mstcool

Quote from: K@ on August 17, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
Pretty URLs is a waste of space, in my humble opinion. It can cause headaches, just like those ones.

Has your host got "mod_security" enabled, by any chance? That can screw a lot of things, too, coz a lot of hosts don't seem to know even what that actually does.

It's stupid.

It goes mental, for example, if I say that I used to live in Essex. Why? Coz it contains the letters "S", "E" and "X", in that order.

Yes, it really is that pathetic.

Mod_security is perverted. :p

Arantor

Actually, it's not. Most hosts that implement the extended rule set do so because spam and similar is likely to use such things, plus it makes it easier to keep their servers clean from material that is legally questionable in some places.

Mstcool

Quote from: ‽ on August 17, 2014, 09:08:53 PM
Actually, it's not. Most hosts that implement the extended rule set do so because spam and similar is likely to use such things, plus it makes it easier to keep their servers clean from material that is legally questionable in some places.

Oh, true true. :p

lowpricehosts

FIXED IT! How?

Installed new smf fresh, added old db, did not work deleted everything kept the db intact, uploaded the same backup again, used repair settings, changed db details etc but left the old db intact, did this 2 times then now it is fixed, i am unsure how i fixed it i just would not rest until i could fix it!   I n total i restored the site 12 times.

Mstcool

Wow, 12 times!

Well, I'm glad you sorted it out. :)

jbrianj

There's something magical about mod_rewrite you can rewrite URL's like index.php to something like /home and make it stay like that on the index page.

It's not hard to use at all:
hxxp:httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_rewrite.html [nonactive]

P.S. The verification is incredibly hard to read. The worst of its kind.

P.S 2 Requesting another image brings me all the way back to the top of the page(Quick reply).

lowpricehosts

Advertisement: