Turkish Charset Problem Pls Help !

Started by detercan, August 28, 2014, 10:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detercan

Hi Guys,

At first i ve already asked my question in Turkish Forum but they havent found a solution yet. Thats why i m gonna ask here.
I read many documents about Turkish-utf8 articles and also did my best but my problem is still exist.

2 days ago i wanted to change my forum from iso 8859-9(which is Turkish ) to utf-8 by using forum maintance and also i changed my languages files with turkish-utf8.php but i had turkish character problem. And then i repaired everything on forum rewrites topics and categories n fixed it or guessed i had fixed.

And now i was typing new topics i saw my problem is still exist there. Its a weird problem when i type topic of posts some turkish characters seeing different like '�' and also i add a picture u guys to see.

Here there re 2 'ı' following each other the first one is normal there is no problem there but the second letter 'ı' seeing different. I didnt get what is the problem n then i checked my tables on PhpMyAdmin and all posts seeing so different not turkish character n also i worked repair_settings_php it says change ur language 'english' when i moved my forum 2 months ago it was like change ur language 'turkish' n now forum is seeing like 'english'

I wannna use it Turkish and my tables on PhpMyAdmn 'general-utf8-ci' my settings 'utf-8' everything is utf-8 Unicode but the problem is still exist.

U guys can see forum n also i can give demo account is there anybody can help me ? I am just trying to fix this problem for 2 days but i still couldnt fix. any idea for this ?

Thank You ...

Kindred

you have to confirm that the database has also been converted to UTF-8 and utf-8 collation as well...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

detercan

I converted with forum maintaince but i had a problem there when i clicked convert utf-8 to database it says

Column 'subject' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index
Dosya: /home/forumsepeti.com/httpdocs/Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Satır: 666

n then i went tables on PhpMyAdmin n done it by myself. I changed every tables to general-utf8-ci

Kindred

but did you change the COLUMNS in each table as well?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

detercan

220 people have read this nobody has any idea ? the problem is still exist ..

detercan

I indiciate problem now i just have chracter problem on index page n this exist sometimes. For example i write there sth Turkish some letters there have character problem but i just delete only one letter there its normal. :S

NekoJonez

Maybe you should post this issue in the help language area?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: NekoJonez on August 29, 2014, 03:21:03 PM
Maybe you should post this issue in the help language area?
Quote from: detercan on August 28, 2014, 10:00:46 AM
At first i ve already asked my question in Turkish Forum but they havent found a solution yet. Thats why i m gonna ask here.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

Thanks Ninja u answered for me :) The problem is still exist btw :) I put forum Maintaince Mod

Ninja ZX-10RR

You're welcome :)
The answer anyway might be what Kindred already suggested. He asked you something but you never replied to it. If you don't change the columns collation of characters from your db it will not work.
How to do it? It depends but in general you neet to select something like "operations", select the collation you want to use and then run the task. That *should* work.

Quote from: detercan on August 29, 2014, 08:24:42 AM
220 people have read this nobody has any idea ? the problem is still exist ..
I saw this later. Don't trust the counter as it includes bots and spiders that might be a lot more than actual users sometimes ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

I did replied but and then i deleted it cuz nobody turned back here. I said i dont know how to do it :)

detercan

Aww by the way ive done it. Like i went PhpMyAdmin and choose all tables step by step and then went operations and then selected the charset i wanted to use 'general-utf8-ci' and then i pushed 'Go' and it worked. all my tables like this 'general-utf8-ci'

Ninja ZX-10RR

Does it work then? :D if so please mark it as solved by pressing "mark as solved" in the bottom left corner of the page so that the team will no longer spend time on it ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

Nope i mean i changed all my columns and tables 'utf8-general-ci' but the problem is still exist. Tables,Columns,languages all of them re utf8 but the  problem is there. Only exist in index page on right corner board which shows topic of messages! I really am fed up.

Ninja ZX-10RR

This is driving me crazy as well xD
What if you convert all the collations to turkish instead? Does it work but breaking other things? It's just to try I am only guessing now :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

At first i was using turkish iso-8859-9 and then i wanted to use it utf-8 its better use for all languages. I tried to convert ut8 by using maintance on admin but it failed there. there was an error and then i went phpmyadmin and fixed all my tables,columns utf-8. And also i installed turkish-utf8 files to ftp directory. I just have this problem on boards. I dont know whats the problem.

Ninja ZX-10RR

No I was asking what happens if you convert the columns to turkish utf8 from general utf8.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

Its being same. Also if it doesnt work with general i guess it ll not work with turkish-utf8 as well.

Ninja ZX-10RR

But did you try or not? You said "its being same" as if you had tried it but then you say that you guess as if you didn't try.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

at first also i changed my tables utf8-turkish-ci but it didnt work and then i changed like general. Thats why i said if general doesnt work turkish will not work as well.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Then I have any other ideas I'm afraid :( I hope that somebody else with more experience than me will be able to help you.
I wonder if there's a bug in the charset...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

Yeap i finally fixed my problem. Anyways i guess there will be people who gonna come cross with this problem as well. The solution is when you try to convert utf-8 by using maintaince u shouldnt get any error if you get something like 'fulltext maintaince.php line 218' or etc.  Just go to PhpMyAdmin and then check all your columns and tables. and check you varchar settings. This cause this problem. When you fix that problem (just change values there) Go to Admin Panel and convert utf8 back . It worked without any problem but all Turkish characters in my forum was same. And then i exported my sql opened with a notepad++ and changed all failed character there. And imported back. Now there is no problem there.

but I also wanna thank the guys who replied for my question :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Many thanks for posting the solution then!

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: