News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Turkish Charset Problem Pls Help !

Started by detercan, August 28, 2014, 10:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Then I have any other ideas I'm afraid :( I hope that somebody else with more experience than me will be able to help you.
I wonder if there's a bug in the charset...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

detercan

Yeap i finally fixed my problem. Anyways i guess there will be people who gonna come cross with this problem as well. The solution is when you try to convert utf-8 by using maintaince u shouldnt get any error if you get something like 'fulltext maintaince.php line 218' or etc.  Just go to PhpMyAdmin and then check all your columns and tables. and check you varchar settings. This cause this problem. When you fix that problem (just change values there) Go to Admin Panel and convert utf8 back . It worked without any problem but all Turkish characters in my forum was same. And then i exported my sql opened with a notepad++ and changed all failed character there. And imported back. Now there is no problem there.

but I also wanna thank the guys who replied for my question :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Many thanks for posting the solution then!
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: