News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

photos in attachments

Started by ChezTweedy, August 28, 2014, 05:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChezTweedy

Hi Guys. I have question. When I am posting photos in attachments, then in the post all photos are sorted down but I want them side by side.
Is it possible to set this somewhere?

Antechinus

I think there is a mod for that. Try searching under "attachments".

I did make my own code for it, that I was thinking of turning into a mod too. I should probably do that.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I could only find mods to make it in-line attachments but no to reposition the attachments at the bottom... That's why I didn't answer before :(
Like these: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1179 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1159 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770 but none of them does what the OP is asking for.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

a10

Generally, some more\better attachment options (without needing mods) would be nice, for example in 2.1

Have tested inline attachment mod, very nice and lots of possibilities, but need to trust it 111% regarding updates (and compatibility with future smf versions) before committing to it.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: a10 on August 28, 2014, 08:16:13 PM
Generally, some more\better attachment options (without needing mods) would be nice, for example in 2.1

Have tested inline attachment mod, very nice and lots of possibilities, but need to trust it 111% regarding updates (and compatibility with future smf versions) before committing to it.
I think that this should be said in 2.1 board or either in feature request... :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

a10

The inline mods can put pictures\thumbnails anywhere, in between text or in a row at the bottom of the post etc. See http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770 and there is one on github > https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-ILA

But seems (to me) both are not fully developed yet, so IMO use with care, as mentioned above am concerned about future compatibility.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: a10 on August 29, 2014, 05:57:25 AM
The inline mods can put pictures\thumbnails anywhere, in between text or in a row at the bottom of the post etc. See http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770 and there is one on github > https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-ILA

But seems (to me) both are not fully developed yet, so IMO use with care, as mentioned above am concerned about future compatibility.
Lol I already linked all of them xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

a10

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on August 28, 2014, 07:26:37 PM
I could only find mods to make it in-line attachments but no to reposition the attachments at the bottom -\-  but none of them does what the OP is asking for.

The inline mods tested & used here (those referenced to in my post above) can position attachments\thumbnails wherever one wants to have them, incl. at the bottom, see attachment.

Behaving 100% perfect here on 2.0.8, my only concern is (as mentioned), future compatibility.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on August 28, 2014, 07:26:37 PM
I could only find mods to make it in-line attachments but no to reposition the attachments at the bottom... That's why I didn't answer before :(
Like these: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1179 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1159 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770 but none of them does what the OP is asking for.
Again, I had mentioned it already ;)
But about Spuds mods... I had a problem with the license of one of them so I am not really happy with suggesting them really.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

a10

^^^Just curious, got any practical experience using and testing those mods before writing about them? as,
Quotebut none of them does what the OP is asking for.
is 100% wrong, easily gives the results and layout the OP seeks.

Quote from: ChezTweedy on August 28, 2014, 05:53:12 PM
but I want them side by side. Is it possible to set this somewhere?
Yes, very possible, ref. my posts above.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Not really since he asked to reposition the attachments at the end of the post while those ones reposition the in-line attachments. Those are using some BBC to do in-line attachments. Whether the result can be similar (that's why I linked that one :) and looking at the screenshot you have provided it's the one that is giving the closest possible result) it is not precisely what the OP asked as they are not repositioning the attachments at the bottom but they rather add some BBC to do it in-line (of course it can be done at the bottom but then again it's not exactly what he asked ;) ).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Deaks

a10, any mod made for 2.0.X will work on any future release of 2.0 line, their will no longer be significant changes in 2.0 unless a massive security issue is found (this cant be predicted), as for the mod working on 2.1 this cant be said due to 2.1 still being in development.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

There are only ever edge cases; I know Pretty URLs collided with the changes in 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 for example.

But the big stuff generally is reserved for 2.1 now.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Every post about the 2.1 that I read makes me think that I will never update. *WAY* too much work and some vital mods would be incompatible. No thanks - I'll stick to 2.0.(9)?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Mods will, no doubt, be improved over time and there are some serious usability changes in 2.1 that I think are for the better.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Lots of people who coded most of my mods quitted the site and it would be extremely long to contact them to ask them if someone could take them over and update them. I don't see it as an easily doable thing. Maybe in 10 years time I will update but only after I had a completely customized version running in local and then putting the official forum in maintenance, susbsitute it with all mods and functionalities that I need.
For instance, Helpdesk, since you are one of its Devs, that is essential. Will it work? ;) Also the forum is quite desert there :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Of course it is. There's not a lot of support need because I built the thing to be solid :P I do stop by from time to time under a pseudonym however.

SimpleDesk does not, currently, work on 2.1. I suspect I will pick it up during 2.1's RC phase and hammer it into shape.

Other mods may also emerge to replace the ones currently unmaintained.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I know who you are there dear venguard :P actually the only one asking for support is me because I can't code a timer to limit the amount of tickets per hour from a single account myself.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

And I'm not remotely convinced of your use case either.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I'll PM you if you don't mind since it would be way off topic >_<

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

I don't think there's anything significantly different to the discussion on sd.net about it... I can't see you changing my mind on it.

Advertisement: