Administration Center Security

Started by margarett, November 21, 2014, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Link to Mod

Administration Center Security

SMF is great in its flexibility. I couldn't even imagine it without Package Manager, Theme Editor and many other goodies your Administration Center offers.

Unfortunately, if an administrator account is compromised, this automatically means that your forum is in danger as the attacker gets immediate access to your files, database, ...
Since the critical settings are not accessed often, an extra layer of security can be added by explicitly granting access to those areas when they are needed.

After installation, you will find the following line in the end of Settings.php:
$enable_admin_security = false;
In order to activate the MOD's functionality you need to edit the file and set the variable to true. A warning in your Administration Center lets you know it is active.

Should you need to access any of the blocked areas, just edit Settings.php and set the variable to false again. Perform your changes and set it back to true.

Languages:
     - English

Changelog

Version 1.00 // 20-08-2014
================================================================================
+ First release

Legend:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Minor change or bugfix.
+ Feature addition or improvement.
- Feature or option removal.

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

3 months to approve it? I really hope you didn't submit it on that day... I'll try it anyway, thanks for sharing matey :)
If I can suggest something perhaps a screenshot of the settings that will be hidden might be useful IMO ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

busterone

I like this. Simple and straightforward, yet powerful. Thanks.   

margarett

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 22, 2014, 02:36:52 PM
3 months to approve it? I really hope you didn't submit it on that day...
Team member MODs are at the very bottom of the priorities ;)

Quote from: ♞ Burke Knight ♞ on November 21, 2014, 02:15:49 PM

Quote from: busterone on November 22, 2014, 03:23:24 PM
I like this. Simple and straightforward, yet powerful. Thanks.   
Thanks ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Raths Rants

Just tried this and seems to work like a charm.

Was super easy to install and understand  8)

GREAT JOB!
The DDC Network
a lot of hard work goes into easy

Advertisement: