News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Painful. I uninstalled the old version manually and strange enough the newer version was able to install with no failures... ???
Well anyway not quite good I get 3 errors spamming the error log, only the withdraw checkbox has the tick. (Just FYI on how to duplicate it).

QuoteType of error: Undefined
http://vige.altervista.org/forum/index.php?action=stats
8: Undefined index: saythanks_hide_thanks_stats
File: blahblah/Themes/default/Stats.template.php
Line: 332

http://vige.altervista.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=summary;u=2
8: Undefined index: saythanks_hide_thanks_count_in_profile
File: blahblah/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Line: 148

http://vige.altervista.org/forum/index.php?topic=76.0
8: Undefined index: saythanks_hide_thanks_count_on_post
File: blahblah/Themes/default/Display.template.php
Line: 399

Had to disable the evaluation of templates in order to see the actual error.
SMF 2.0.9, a boatload of other mods installed although they don't seem to interfere with this one seeing the errors.

The updated italian translation is attached :) EDIT: attachments fixed, stupid notepad...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

I know what's causing that, to fix just tick all the boxes and save, then untick the ones you don't want and save again.

I need to put some initialisation of those settings in the install so they get a default value.

I'll put out a minor release to fix this as well as include the translations.

Still puzzled by JimZA's error, I tried installing 1.0.2, then uninstalling and installing 1.1 and uninstalling and reinstalling 1.0.2. Don't get any errors and certainly not getting thanks 5 times with a click.  :-\

Ninja ZX-10RR

Oh, got it I'll try it later now I'm off to dinner (already called), thanks for the tip :P and thanks for the update when it will come out...
Same here though, can't really reproduce the issue explained by JimZA...
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

@JimZa, is this the error you were getting: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=529384.msg3757748#msg3757748

This guy's problem was space but yours might not be, depends on what the message at the beginning was.

Ninja ZX-10RR

*looks* like your tip worked anyway :) just randomly clicked everything and I'm not getting errors :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

New version with the settings fix and complete Italian translations has been released.

In the end I didn't actually initialize the settings, just changed the checks in the code instead as it seems that is the correct "SMF" way to do it. I got really confused when SMF wouldn't let me update any of settings to 0  ???

br360

Nice mod kelvin. Would there be an easy way to maybe separate the "The following users thanked this post:" part from the rest of the post that is being thanked? (like the line that separates someone's signature from their post)

It would be nice to be able to have the thanked list be separate so it doesn't look like it's part of the original post.

kelvincool

It's easy enough to do but with another line seperator after the signature, seems like line overload down there so I'm not sure. (see attachment)

Steve

Shouldn't there be a link to the mod in the first post?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Steve on November 21, 2014, 09:46:01 PM
Shouldn't there be a link to the mod in the first post?
;D He probably removed it to update it and then forgot to put it back: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3898 ;)

Quote from: br360 on November 21, 2014, 08:38:51 PM
Nice mod kelvin. Would there be an easy way to maybe separate the "The following users thanked this post:" part from the rest of the post that is being thanked? (like the line that separates someone's signature from their post)

It would be nice to be able to have the thanked list be separate so it doesn't look like it's part of the original post.
If you want you can easily add a css separator, hint: at the bottom of index.css ;) (border-top: 1px solid #color) if you want :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

larry007

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 22, 2014, 02:06:04 AM

Quote from: br360 on November 21, 2014, 08:38:51 PM

If you want you can easily add a css separator, hint: at the bottom of index.css ;) (border-top: 1px solid #color) if you want :)

I put -> border-top: 1px dotted #444; in the css. I find it pretty.... look picture

/* Styles for Say Thanks mod
------------------------------------------------------- */
.thank_you_button {
background: url("../images/theme/thank.png") no-repeat transparent;
}

.thanks {
padding-top:20px;
}

.thanks span {
font-weight:bold;
        border-top: 1px dotted #444;
}

I have added the german files, perhaps you can use/integrate this in your mod.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thanks larry :) or better... Danke mein freund (know some words in German due to Rammstein songs) ^_^

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 22, 2014, 02:06:04 AMHe probably removed it to update it and then forgot to put it back ...

Yea, I know. I was just reminding him to put it back. :D

As for the dotted line, I tried it and didn't care for it but a solid line looks nice to me (just my personal preference) but it extends beyond the semicolon which I'd rather it didn't do.

Thanks for the info though. :)

br360

I originally added another line, but agree with Kelvin that it could be separator overkill. ;)

I was playing with it a bit more, and was able to add a box around the "following users that..."

css/index.css

Find-
.thanks span {

Replace with-
.thanks span {
    background-color: #e7e7e7;
    margin-bottom: 2px;
    border: 1px solid #ADADAD;
    padding: 4px;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    margin-top: 5px;

Gives this-

Steve

Now that's nice! Would it be difficult to remove the space after the semi-colon or barring that, adding a space before the first name that shows after the box?

br360

Thanks Steve.

Sure, just add-
margin-right: 5px;
after-
margin-bottom: 2px;

The 5px; is the separator part, so based on your preference, you can change that number around to be able to separate the list of people that thanked the post from the box.

Ninja ZX-10RR

@Steve
Give it a go you won't regret it ;)
margin-right: 7px;
border: 1px solid #FF7A00;
border-radius: 5px;
padding-left: 5px;
padding-top: 2px;
padding-bottom: 2px;

Perhaps choose a different color first, that one is for my default theme :P
EDIT: lol ninja'd I had my gf studying and left this page opened for an hour ;D

Btw you could also add an hover effect by adding a new class and.. Oh well it follows!

.thanks span:hover
{
   background: #FFFFFF;
}

And even more effects if you want ;) at least that's what I'm going to add... My default theme is being extremely customized and re-coded in its css so yeah I want hover effects! ;D

Still special thanks to the user Fortytwo who taught me how to handle this stuff a while ago :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

Quote from: larry007 on November 22, 2014, 09:01:19 AM
I have added the german files, perhaps you can use/integrate this in your mod.

Many thanks larry007, new release with your translations now.

Thanks Steve for reminding me to put that link back in by the way  :)

Steve

You're welcome my friend. :)

@ br360 and the Ninja ...

This is what I have now and it looks wonderful:

.thanks span {
color: #595959;
background-color: #b1b1b1;
margin-right: 7px;
border: 1px solid #FF7A00;
border-radius: 5px;
padding-left: 5px;
padding-top: 2px;
padding-bottom: 2px;
}

(that's for the Gray Style skin btw)

Thanks to both of you!! :D

JimZA

A list of file that are modified would be great, then I can go back and fix our forum...

The new version runs with six 'Say Thanks' across the top and if you click on any of these the post gets a list six times over of who thanked the post...

There are also several Admin functions that are now blank white screen like 'Modification Settings' for example. Hopefully, replacing these files will fix the issue??

Advertisement: