News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hm.
Perhaps sharing customizations to people looking for advice (the ones above) would have been kind in the first place...
If you parse the modification you will get the edits that have been made, the main thing is that I already tried myself to update the mod that way but believe me it will be WAY faster for you if you note the edits you have made on paper, blindly uninstall the mod and update it - more or less half of the code was re-written in the last update.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

Quote from: JimZA on November 24, 2014, 04:27:10 AM
A list of file that are modified would be great, then I can go back and fix our forum...

The new version runs with six 'Say Thanks' across the top and if you click on any of these the post gets a list six times over of who thanked the post...

There are also several Admin functions that are now blank white screen like 'Modification Settings' for example. Hopefully, replacing these files will fix the issue??

The six buttons across the top are very odd, sounds like it tried to install six times for whatever reason. The Modification Settings is a strange one too. I tried replicating the issue by messing around with the hooks in the database but can't get any of the symptoms you describe.

The files that have been changed are:

Themes/default/Display.template.php
Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Sources/Load.php
Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Themes/default/css/index.css

Sources/ManageSettings.php
Sources/Load.php
Sources/Profile-View.php
Sources/Stats.php
Themes/default/Stats.template.php
Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Replacing these files should alleviate some of your issues, you might want to uninstall the mod first to get it off the list of installed mods before you go about replacing the files. Did you check what errors you were getting in your error log?

JimZA

The good news is replacing:

Sources/ManageSettings.php
Sources/Load.php
Sources/Profile-View.php
Sources/Stats.php
Themes/default/Stats.template.php
Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Has fixed all of the forum Admin errors and Modification Settings now displays fine!

Still if I reinstall Say Thanks 1.1.1 it still displays multiple 'Say Thanks' across the top of the post and multiple thanked by at the bottom of the post...

The error logs are clean apart from Guest logon errors!!

The theme in use here is "Fresh Looks" I'm not sure that this would be an issue??

We are getting somewhere :)

kelvincool

Freshlooks as in this one? http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2497

If so I doubt it would cause an issue, that theme doesn't override many templates at all.

How many buttons is it showing now? Would you be able to attach the Display.template.php? Would be interested to see if it's actually tried inserting multiple buttons into the file. I can't see why it would though.

JimZA

Hi Kelvincool!

Yes, that's the theme in red and it has never caused an issue before...

I've quickly reinstalled 'Say Thanks' V1.1.1 and the attached are the results...

Just as a footnote, the Likes system is just the default Karma system renamed to Like, it's not a mod as such...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Definitely an issue with the theme, at least funny ;D

Like Kelvincool said, please attach your display.template.php or get rid of those by deleting the duplicated strings ;) hint: they should be the first and third edits that have been made to the file, if you parse the mod you will see where :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

JimZA

Yes! Fixed thanks for the pointers!!

Seems I had two display.template.php files for some odd reason...

Once I changed the correct one, everything was fixed!! :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Glad that you sorted it out then :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

Glad you fixed it JimZA!

In other news, I've reuploaded 1.1.2 with revised German translations by larry007.

keyboard

Awesome Mod !!!!!!   I have installed an earlier version and have been successfully  been using it with great success.....  I have a very generous database of activity.... The Users really like this and so do I.

I would like to install the newest version. The fact that there will be a list of top 10 List is very attractive to all of us.  My concern is , will I lose all the prior thanks if I install the latest version ?

I should add that I am using the default theme with minimal Mods.

Thanks
Ron
Слaва
Украинi

Steve

Quote from: keyboard on November 30, 2014, 09:12:07 AMMy concern is , will I lose all the prior thanks if I install the latest version ?
Quote from: kelvincool on November 20, 2014, 01:24:38 PM
Quote from: JimZA on November 20, 2014, 03:38:43 AMThis may sound a silly question but do I need to uninstall 1.02 ?

If so, will previous data be lost ?

SMF will ask you if you want to delete the data when you uninstall so it is safe to uninstall the old one and reinstall the new one without losing data.
DO NOT pm me for support!

keyboard

Ok..  I will give it a shot     I truly do not want to lose previous data.....
Слaва
Украинi

kelvincool

Quote from: keyboard on November 30, 2014, 10:03:07 AM
Ok..  I will give it a shot     I truly do not want to lose previous data.....

If you're concerned with data loss, back up your database before you do anything. It's good practise to be doing regular backups anyway.

keyboard

That is sound advice.....I have been putting this off for a long time and flirting with disaster .....Can you point me in the right direction to do this.
Слaва
Украинi

kelvincool

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup

If you're a bit more techie you can set up a cron job to backup your database and email it to you on a daily basis. It's not difficult to set up but you do need access to your server.

keyboard

Thanks... That is Golden advice and I shall heed it !!!!!
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Sorry to bug you again.... I have made a backup........and went to uninstall the mod  ..... Please look at the attachment and tell me if I am ok to proceed with the uninstall..
Слaва
Украинi

kelvincool

I'm guessing you must have installed another mod after this one that happened to change the same line in Display.template.php

If you click on the icon next to replace that failed that will tell you which line it's trying to replace. If you want to uninstall you will need to either do the failed step manually or uninstall the other mod first and uninstall this one then install them again.

keyboard

Слaва
Украинi

Rioux

Hey Kelvincool,

Presently, I work on french translation for your Say Thanks !!  ;D
Rioux
Forum SMF 2.0.9

Advertisement: