News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Rioux on December 01, 2014, 03:46:49 PM
Hey Kelvincool,

Presently, I work on french translation for your Say Thanks !!  ;D
Waiting for it myself :) Merci mon ami :D (mon français de l'école :P)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kelvincool

Quote from: Rioux on December 01, 2014, 03:46:49 PM
Hey Kelvincool,

Presently, I work on french translation for your Say Thanks !!  ;D

Awesome, look forward to including it in the release  :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

I was wondering how much messy it could be to create a French translation with all those accents in utf8...
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Easier than doing it in 7-bit safe with entities. If you want it in UTF-8, just copy it from here once saved.

Ninja ZX-10RR

You don't say? :P of course I'll do that :) I might provide some Hungarian translations as well if a friend of mine will help me (and he is very much likely going to do that since he is a wiki translator already - wikipedia, not smf wiki).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Yup, because this forum is UTF-8, anything posted should also be converted by the browser into UTF-8 as it gets saved in a post.

Notable exceptions are the 4-byte emoji used by iPhones and whatnot which MySQL doesn't support properly.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I knew those exceptions, you mentioned when you were talking about the EXIF implementation (yeah, I somehow "understand" something :))

Btw I was wondering about it since French has a *lot* of accents, as well as German... Those are messy IMHO. Italian is rather simple, English even more tbh, not many accents just need to escape the " ' " and that's basically it.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

420Connect.co.uk

I'm getting test failed on this:

(Find)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}membergroups AS pg ON (pg.id_group = mem.id_post_group)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}membergroups AS mg ON (mg.id_group = mem.id_group)';
}
elseif ($set == 'minimal')

(Add Before)LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}messages_thanks_stats AS mts ON (mts.id_member = mem.id_member)

I attempted to go ahead with it but it caused problems with the 'profile' page (possibly as I'm using ultimate profile?)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

kelvincool

Not surprised it caused problems on the profile page, probably would do the same even if you weren't using ultimate profile. You need to manually do that step to resolve the issue or uninstall the conflicting mod first, install this one and re-install the conflicting one.

420Connect.co.uk

the problem is I don't have the line:

LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}membergroups AS pg ON (pg.id_group = mem.id_post_group)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}membergroups AS mg ON (mg.id_group = mem.id_group)';
}
elseif ($set == 'minimal')

to be able to add anything before it :(

I'm using a lot of different MOD's so finding the problem could take a while :(
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

kelvincool

Oh boy that's going to make things 10x harder. So one of your mods has rewritten that whole query, can you see anything that looks vaguely similar in that file?

420Connect.co.uk

eek :(

I'm having a look and copying parts of the code I am missing to try and find the new version I have but can't seem to find it :(

attached is my Load.php

It's maybe easier to spot if you know what you're looking at :P

kelvincool

I've attached a version with the changes made, you can see what changes have been made by doing a diff (winmerge or notepad++, etc..) with your current version. You can try using my edited version but if you want to uninstall you best keep your original one so you can go back easily. I deliberately named it Load2 so you don't replace it by accident.

Looks like the conflicting mod is something to do with membership groups.

420Connect.co.uk

Thanks for having a go Kelvin,

unfortunately that version still caused:

Database Error
Unknown column 'mts.thanks_count' in 'field list'
File: /home/name/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1009

when I visit 'profile' it also screws up my simple portal blocks? :S

kelvincool

Oops missed a left join. Try this one.

420Connect.co.uk

Yaaaaaaaaaay!  :D

it seems to be working! :D

The only other part is adding it into ultimate profile but I should be able to manage that as I've transferred other custom parts from mods..

Thank you again kelvin! :)
Merry Christmas!

larry007

Hi

when you have a topic closed, an you see this topic as a normal member,  there is no thank.png on top, only the two words "Say thanks"

Have a look please  ;)

kelvincool

Quote from: larry007 on January 03, 2015, 06:14:09 AM
when you have a topic closed, an you see this topic as a normal member,  there is no thank.png on top, only the two words "Say thanks"

Was hoping no one would notice so I could sneak fix this in the next release.  :laugh:

I only noticed it myself yesterday.

larry007

larry007

Quote from: kelvincool on January 03, 2015, 08:23:58 AM

Was hoping no one would notice so I could sneak fix this in the next release.  :laugh:

I only noticed it myself yesterday.

Hi

I see you have made a update but it isn't fixed.

1. normal member can see only the words in closed topics
2. next what I see - when board permission is on "only read" - it is the same how in point 1- whether topic closed or not.

Advertisement: