News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelvincool

Sorry didn't make an update yet, I was only removing the old versions of the mod from the downloads.

tranhiep_116

thanks for this mod  :-*

kelvincool

New version released.

• Ability to disable on certain boards
  • Hide content plugin support
  • Fixed issue with locked posts

motosimak

is a mod that comes by default in 2.1?

tranhiep_116

Thanks, I help me more

kelvincool

Quote from: motosimak on January 12, 2015, 05:08:00 AM
is a mod that comes by default in 2.1?

I think the one you are thinking of in 2.1 is the "like posts" feature, that is part of 2.1. This thanks mod is a little different although quite similar.

larry007

Hi

where can I find this in the backend of SMF - because I must see this to understand for german translate?!

$txt['saythanks_title'] = 'Hide by thanked count';
$txt['saythanks_hide_text'] = 'You require at least {thanks_needed} thanks, you need another {thanks_left} thanks.';
$txt['saythanks_desc'] = 'Hides post content based on thanked count.';
$txt['saythanks_input_title'] = 'Minimum thanked count';

.. one more question, - > When a Topic is closed, normal user can't say thank in this topic. You want that so or is there a setting somewhere?

Thank you

kelvincool

Those bits only apply when you are also using my Hide Content mod. That's where they show up.

Topics closed cannot be thanked, if people want that option I don't mind adding it in.

larry007

Quote from: kelvincool on January 18, 2015, 09:21:19 AM

Topics closed cannot be thanked, if people want that option I don't mind adding it in.

I would want it please....

hugbear

Thank you for this mod!

I've been looking for ages for a Thank-O-Matic replacement and here it is.
One "little" feature request, if I may: would it be possible to have an option tp let visitors "Say Thanks"? There might be lots of people just browsing for some information and there's no reason the poster that provided it shouldn't get the passing-by appreciation. (There's one caveat though, some lame members might log out just to thank themselves so IP filtering might be appropriate...)

kelvincool

Quote from: hugbear on January 29, 2015, 05:56:54 PM
Thank you for this mod!

I've been looking for ages for a Thank-O-Matic replacement and here it is.
One "little" feature request, if I may: would it be possible to have an option tp let visitors "Say Thanks"? There might be lots of people just browsing for some information and there's no reason the poster that provided it shouldn't get the passing-by appreciation. (There's one caveat though, some lame members might log out just to thank themselves so IP filtering might be appropriate...)

Enabling this for guests is no small job. IP filtering would be mandatory otherwise there's no way to tell if the guest has thanked the post already. I don't know, it would be difficult and mean restructuring the data to be based on IP and/or user id. It all falls apart quite quickly if your users all have dynamic IPs.

420Connect.co.uk

If it's not too big a job a suggestion for this I'd like is when "Saying Thanks" if this could be done through ajax/somesortof-query - so it's "live" and doesn't refresh the page?
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

kelvincool

Quote from: motosimak on February 03, 2015, 05:13:36 AM
Hi!
Please add a theme reseller - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=525855.0

What do you want exactly, the mod works fine with this theme...

Quote from: 420connect.info on February 04, 2015, 07:24:42 AM
If it's not too big a job a suggestion for this I'd like is when "Saying Thanks" if this could be done through ajax/somesortof-query - so it's "live" and doesn't refresh the page?

I'm surprised no one asked for this sooner, I've been thinking about adding it in but I've been busy and was half considering leaving it until 2.1 since that has jquery. Will probably be in the next release along with that thing larry asked for.

br360

@kelvincool: Since this is a "thanks" mod, figured it was appropriate to thank you for not only the mod, but for how much you support your mods as well. It's very much appreciated.

Dragon41673

Hello,

I was trying to install this mod in to my forums, but there seems to be 2 issues with modifications to the stats.template.php files on the following themes...

Core - included with SMF 2.0.9
Back n Black - from Crip

Both tests come back as failed. I checked the parse against the code of those theme files in question, and the specific string you have listed for the parse are not completely there. The very tail end of it is...$txt['forum_history'], '...but the rest seems to be missing.

Is there any way to get this "Say Thanks" mod to work with those specific themes? I'm more than willing to send the current Stats.template.php file to them so they can take a look.

Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

kelvincool

Quote from: br360 on February 04, 2015, 04:35:14 PM
@kelvincool: Since this is a "thanks" mod, figured it was appropriate to thank you for not only the mod, but for how much you support your mods as well. It's very much appreciated.

Many thanks br360, glad you're getting good use out of the mod.

Quote from: Dragon41673 on February 05, 2015, 09:01:37 PM
I was trying to install this mod in to my forums, but there seems to be 2 issues with modifications to the stats.template.php files on the following themes...

Core - included with SMF 2.0.9
Back n Black - from Crip

Is there any way to get this "Say Thanks" mod to work with those specific themes? I'm more than willing to send the current Stats.template.php file to them so they can take a look.

As per the description of the mod, the stats page does not support the core theme, Back n Black being a theme based on the core inherits the same issue. You can still install the mod without the stats page working if you want. I can add support for the core theme, the reason I didn't bother to begin with was because I didn't think many people used core anymore, default is a much better theme.

Dragon41673

I apologize, I must have passed over the comment that the CORE theme was not supported. I'll go back and re-read the whole first post again in case there is anything else I missed.

I didn't know that the Back n Black theme by crip was based off of the CIRE theme. With that said...99% of my users do use the Back n Black theme. I hate to ask...but would it be too much trouble to support these themes?

Thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Steve

I also have members using the core theme for some ungodly reason so it would be nice. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

kelvincool

New version released

• Ajax enabled for thank button
  • Stats page supports Core theme
  • Thanking enabled for locked topics

@Dragon41673, please see instructions to enable for your custom theme, it's not perfect but it's the best solution I can come up with without specifically targeting every core-based theme in existence.

Advertisement: