News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry007

yes I have tryed but it is the same, only when I refresh the browser I can see it in the post

kelvincool

Quote from: larry007 on February 17, 2015, 07:08:44 AM
yes I have tryed but it is the same, only when I refresh the browser I can see it in the post

Is it still stuck on Thanking...?

larry007

Yes, I click on icon "SAY THANKS" now it change to "unthanks" icon but no entry in post... only when refresh browser

kelvincool

Like I said in the previous post, the ajax does not update the thankers list. Good to know the button is changing to the unthanks now though. I will consider adding the thankers list to the ajax for the next release.

larry007

Ok... I wait for the new release..

It looks better when the list also refresh when I klick Thanks   ;)

How before....

desiamerican26

Quote from: larry007 on February 17, 2015, 05:22:05 AM
Hi

I have the same problem like "desiamerican26". I click on THANKING and it shows nothing - only when I refresh the Firefox browser I see under the post the entry

mhh   bug?

Can you take a look to this issue?

I guess then we can leave out the guest part....won't be an issue with that. I use chrome mostly. I will chek with the new updated version and will update you.

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

I even updated the new version for this Mod. And we are encountering the same issue as before. Please check.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

That's interesting, I know what the issue is, it's a conflict with your google analytics mod, I can resolve this conflict quite easily so wait for a new version.

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

Ok Sure, I will wait for an update.

Also, I am not sure but I was just wondering if it's possible that like when we provide links for anything, is it possible for viewers to say "Thanks" to unlock the link.

Please see the below website for an example:

http://bolt.cd/board/f234/new-comics-releases-8-a-1023714/index8.html

After you Login and Register, you still have to click on Thanks button to unlock the link.

Please look into if anything like this is possible to do.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

Of course it's possible, I've seen that sort of stuff in many forums, it's never made sense to me though, how can you thank something you haven't seen yet? You're thanking in advance, come to think of it I sometimes do that when I ask someone for help so maybe it does make sense.

desiamerican26

Please, if you can implement on that one. The only way to make it work that we provide cover pages or information of the product that we provides. You see if we don't provide the exact thing as shown then people won't bother next time. But too keep up the crowd we have to provide exactly the same. And we are not asking to pay us or anything just a little appreciation so that that encourages us to work more on what we doing. Usually people download without saying thanks....so that's why I was wondering. 

If you can make this work, please let me know....it would be a huge help.  :)

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

Steve

It's saying thanks for providing the content, not the actual content itself, yes?
DO NOT pm me for support!

desiamerican26

Quote from: Steve on February 19, 2015, 08:32:04 AM
It's saying thanks for providing the content, not the actual content itself, yes?

I didn't get your point Steve. I mean some people who I have try hard and their best to provide contents on site. And mostly users download and walk away without appreciating the effort. So, I been looking for something like this, if this can happen, it would be big help.

Steve

I was just trying to clarify what you were asking for. Instead of (or in addition to) saying thanks for what is in the link, you want them to say thinks for providing the link in the first place in order for them to open it, right?

desiamerican26

Hi Steve,

Yup something like that. I do see download #'s going up but I don't see any appreciation for them. So, if they click thanks at least, that even counts for us.

desiamerican26

@Kelvin,

Would there be any update on this part?

Please Let me know.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

No there is no update yet. There's a release in the works and it will be done when it's done.

desiamerican26

Ok Kool. Will Wait for the Release.

Thanks for the Update.  :)

Petter B

This is a very nice mod. Good work!

Unfortunately, for me the button get stuck on "Thanking..."

IU
Quote from: kelvincool on February 17, 2015, 07:27:19 AM
Like I said in the previous post, the ajax does not update the thankers list. Good to know the button is changing to the unthanks now though. I will consider adding the thankers list to the ajax for the next release.

This would be great!

Steve

Advertisement: