Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelvincool

Quote from: Petter B on February 24, 2015, 04:36:15 AM
Unfortunately, for me the button get stuck on "Thanking..."

Are you using a Google Analytics mod by SMF Customization Team by any chance?

420Connect.co.uk

I guess I'd need to ask yourself & the other mod others but, would you consider writing the code to have this mod work with a few other mods who provide their own section for leaving comments etc.

Ones I use, I'd like to combine:

SMF Packs Social Groups
Levertine Gallery
SMF Classifieds

possibly ultimate profile?

www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

kelvincool

Quote from: 420connect.info on February 25, 2015, 03:51:42 AM
I guess I'd need to ask yourself & the other mod others but, would you consider writing the code to have this mod work with a few other mods who provide their own section for leaving comments etc.

Ones I use, I'd like to combine:

SMF Packs Social Groups
Levertine Gallery
SMF Classifieds

possibly ultimate profile?

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say that's simply never going to happen.

Petter B

Quote from: kelvincool on February 24, 2015, 05:22:30 PM
Quote from: Petter B on February 24, 2015, 04:36:15 AM
Unfortunately, for me the button get stuck on "Thanking..."

Are you using a Google Analytics mod by SMF Customization Team by any chance?
Yes I am. Do I have to remove it?

kelvincool

Quote from: Petter B on February 26, 2015, 01:46:39 AM
Yes I am. Do I have to remove it?

No, the conflict will be resolved in the next release.

jsx

@Kelvin

Immediately after installed modification Say Thanks 1.2.2, under quick reply appears such a bug:

After refreshing the forum, this bug is disappearing. I just noticed it and I'm reporting it here, watch it.

@desiamerican26

QuoteAlso, I am not sure but I was just wondering if it's possible that like when we provide links for anything, is it possible for viewers to say "Thanks" to unlock the link.

Please see the below website for an example:

http://bolt.cd/board/f234/new-comics-releases-8-a-1023714/index8.html

After you Login and Register, you still have to click on Thanks button to unlock the link.

Please look into if anything like this is possible to do.

I'm approve your suggestion. By yourself a long time ago I'm searched such a modification, thanks to which after pressing thanks button hiden content will be unlocked, not only a link, but a content in text, link, image.

@Kelvin

I think that it will be good if you entered such a possibility into your modification, it's nothig wrong to try with this. This function would be useful.

kelvincool

Quote from: jsgrom on March 03, 2015, 09:25:06 AM
@Kelvin

Immediately after installed modification Say Thanks 1.2.2, under quick reply appears such a bug:

After refreshing the forum, this bug is disappearing. I just noticed it and I'm reporting it here, watch it.

The reason why you see that is because the css hasn't been refreshed from the browser cache yet so once you refreshed the latest css file was downloaded. I'll address this in the new release by abstracting the css into a standalone file instead of changing index.css.

Quote from: jsgrom on March 03, 2015, 09:25:06 AM
I think that it will be good if you entered such a possibility into your modification, it's nothig wrong to try with this. This function would be useful.

This is being looked into.

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

Please see attached for the error that just bought to my attention by one user.
I am not sure if that's the issue that you probably already knew.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

Quote from: desiamerican26 on March 03, 2015, 10:18:11 PM
Hi Kelvin,

Please see attached for the error that just bought to my attention by one user.
I am not sure if that's the issue that you probably already knew.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

You've got a slightly different issue, the theme you are using uses a variant name for index.css so it's called index_blue.css. The mod has not applied the styles to this file so you are missing them. This should also be resolved in the next release since I'm moving the css into it's own file. For the moment you can copy the Say Thanks styles from index.css into index_blue.css and that should fix it until the next release.

desiamerican26

Ok Kool. Will Wait for the next release as it will be coming with lots of new features :)

jsx

Quote from: kelvincool on March 03, 2015, 01:14:30 PM

The reason why you see that is because the css hasn't been refreshed from the browser cache yet so once you refreshed the latest css file was downloaded. I'll address this in the new release by abstracting the css into a standalone file instead of changing index.css.

This is being looked into.

Cool. All right. :)

kelvincool

New release

• CSS now in standalone file to help those of you with index.css variations, also makes uninstalling core-based themes easier
  • Fixed minor undeclared variable warning
  • Resolved conflict with one of the Google Analytic mods
  • Hide content plugin for show content on thank
  • Ajax updates thankers list
  • IE 8 support for ajax button

Core-based users, remember to go through the instructions.

Dragon41673

Kevin...

If I have 1.2.1 installed, and am using a couple core themes & already have done the proper install steps for those themes...

Will installing 1.3 need anything else to install aside from uploading it in to the package manager?

Thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

kelvincool

You will need to re-do those themes again, essentially you need to undo the css changes from last time and update the SayThanks.template.php with the new version and upload the new saythanks.css file into the css folder. No need to do the Stats.template.php file, have not made any changes to that file.

Dragon41673

Quote from: kelvincool on March 07, 2015, 08:08:38 PM
You will need to re-do those themes again, essentially you need to undo the css changes from last time and update the SayThanks.template.php with the new version and upload the new saythanks.css file into the css folder. No need to do the Stats.template.php file, have not made any changes to that file.

Oh boy...I hope I have the old files still! LOL
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

This is amazing work. It's working faster when Clicked Thanks. Much better.

But the other thing I was wondering that the links are not hidden for viewers to say thanks to unlock.

I also checked on the Permission page but don't see anything.

I was thinking that it should mask over all the links once I install the Mod. Something like what I had before was Registered Links, when I installed that Mod, it masks over all the links that I had on site.

Please let me know.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

ForumMix

I wonder where and which file to edit text? Have my forum on Swedish and would like to edit the text of this supplement in Swedish.

In version 1.0.2 so low this under-SayThanks.english.php
But where is this in this version?

kelvincool

Quote from: desiamerican26 on March 07, 2015, 11:09:36 PM
But the other thing I was wondering that the links are not hidden for viewers to say thanks to unlock.

I also checked on the Permission page but don't see anything.

I was thinking that it should mask over all the links once I install the Mod. Something like what I had before was Registered Links, when I installed that Mod, it masks over all the links that I had on site.

That's not how the hide content plugin works, you have to remember that the other mod is a BBC mod, it's not going to hide anything unless the user specifies it in the post.

Quote from: ForumMix on March 08, 2015, 05:37:07 AM
I wonder where and which file to edit text? Have my forum on Swedish and would like to edit the text of this supplement in Swedish.

In version 1.0.2 so low this under-SayThanks.english.php
But where is this in this version?

All the language stuff is now in this file Modifications.english.php

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

Ok, I thought there should be something within Say Thanks Mod that the people have to say thanks and unlock the files.

As for the Hide Content plugin, I just checked with one of the user, he posted in of the threads and Hid the Content, it did hide the content but one still need specific posts to unlock. It don't work with Say Thanks.

I am not sure that if I am getting the point right here....but the links aren't working with thanks Mod.

Please help me out here.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

Quote from: desiamerican26 on March 08, 2015, 01:09:27 PM
As for the Hide Content plugin, I just checked with one of the user, he posted in of the threads and Hid the Content, it did hide the content but one still need specific posts to unlock. It don't work with Say Thanks.

I am not sure that if I am getting the point right here....but the links aren't working with thanks Mod.

I don't really understand what the problem is from your description, can you give me an example, PM the link to the topic if you don't want to post it publically.

Advertisement: