Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pro100sn

Quote from: kelvincool on December 03, 2015, 02:00:51 PM
There is no Russian translation for this, if you want to do one, you can make your changes in languages.xml and attach it in the post and I'll add it to the package.
Translated into Russian your mod. The file is attached.

pro100sn

Wrote above error. She appears when I go into the settings of the mod.

kelvincool

Thanks for the Russian translation! I've added it to the package, for future reference I had to separate it into it's own file language.russian.xml because the encoding wouldn't work with UTF-8.

About the error you are seeing, that is a known bug, it is a bug in SMF core, it has been fixed in SMF 2.1 but has not been backported to SMF 2.0. I think we will just have to live with it for now.

keyboard

Hi
I have sent you a PM..... When you find some time, please read...

Ron
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Disregard that last email  :)

Ron
Слaва
Украинi

pro100sn

Quote from: kelvincool on December 06, 2015, 07:09:19 AM
Thanks for the Russian translation! I've added it to the package, for future reference I had to separate it into it's own file language.russian.xml because the encoding wouldn't work with UTF-8.

Happy to help!

keyboard

My Users are complaining something to the effect of  "25 people have downloaded the file but only 12 people thanked me"........  Is there anyway that this mod can be hooked up to the downloads so that when anybody  downloads an attachment , a "Thanks" will be automatically issued.

I will happily pay for custom coding to do this....
Слaва
Украинi

pro100sn

Found error in the Russian translation.
It must be so:
$txt['saythanks_show_thanked_posts'] = 'Сообщения, которые понравились пользователям';
$txt['saythanks_show_thank_by_user_posts'] = 'Сообщения, за которые поблагодарил пользователь';

kelvincool

Thanks for that correction, I have updated the package with the new text.

ruroni925

I'm having a "thank o matic" to "say thanks" and I have several users with thanks and I will give their respective values manually

how to increase number the thanks for members?

kelvincool

Quote from: ruroni925 on December 09, 2015, 12:11:26 PM
I'm having a "thank o matic" to "say thanks" and I have several users with thanks and I will give their respective values manually

There's no way of setting the number of thanks manually, there is a messages_thanks_stats table that holds all the totals which you can edit but this table gets refreshed during forum maintenance so any changes you make will be reset.

Do you still have the thank_you_post table for thank o matic? It might be possible to import the entries from that table into the say thanks one.

ruroni925

Quote from: kelvincool on December 09, 2015, 03:29:00 PM
Quote from: ruroni925 on December 09, 2015, 12:11:26 PM

There's no way of setting the number of thanks manually, there is a messages_thanks_stats table that holds all the totals which you can edit but this table gets refreshed during forum maintenance so any changes you make will be reset.

Do you still have the thank_you_post table for thank o matic? It might be possible to import the entries from that table into the say thanks one.

where  find this table?

kelvincool

Do you have phpmyadmin or some way to access your database?

ruroni925

Quote from: kelvincool on December 09, 2015, 03:40:31 PM
Do you have phpmyadmin or some way to access your database?

yes, where do I find it?

kelvincool

Can you see it in your table list, it's called thank_you_post or smf_thank_you_post if you are using a prefix to your tables.

Or alternatively, run this query to see  if you get any results:

select * from thank_you_post;

or

select * from smf_thank_you_post;

ruroni925

Quote from: kelvincool on December 09, 2015, 04:18:03 PM
Can you see it in your table list, it's called thank_you_post or smf_thank_you_post if you are using a prefix to your tables.

Or alternatively, run this query to see  if you get any results:

select * from thank_you_post;

or

select * from smf_thank_you_post;

I found the table, I do?

kelvincool

Ok before doing any of this please make sure to backup your database. I would highly recommend trialing this out on a local copy of your database first.

In order to do this you will have to make sure the messages_thanks table is empty, if it's not empty you can run this query to empty the table (NOTE, all thanks in Say Thanks will be deleted so if you've been using Say Thanks for a while all that thanks will be lost):

truncate table smf_messages_thanks

If your tables do not have the smf_ prefix just delete it from the query.

Next you will need to run the following query, again I've highlighted the prefix, if you aren't using it delete it before running it.

INSERT INTO smf_messages_thanks
  SELECT id_msg, id_member
  FROM smf_thank_you_post

This query will pull all the data from thanks o matic into the Say Thanks table.

kelvincool

Worked out you can use this query if you don't want to lose existing Say Thanks data (you don't have to bother with the truncate query if using this one):

INSERT IGNORE INTO smf_messages_thanks
  SELECT id_msg, id_member
  FROM smf_thank_you_post

ruroni925

Quote from: kelvincool on December 09, 2015, 04:38:29 PM
Ok before doing any of this please make sure to backup your database. I would highly recommend trialing this out on a local copy of your database first.

In order to do this you will have to make sure the messages_thanks table is empty, if it's not empty you can run this query to empty the table (NOTE, all thanks in Say Thanks will be deleted so if you've been using Say Thanks for a while all that thanks will be lost):

truncate table smf_messages_thanks

If your tables do not have the smf_ prefix just delete it from the query.

Next you will need to run the following query, again I've highlighted the prefix, if you aren't using it delete it before running it.

INSERT INTO smf_messages_thanks
  SELECT id_msg, id_member
  FROM smf_thank_you_post

This query will pull all the data from thanks o matic into the Say Thanks table.

Testing on localhost and it worked.
Testing on my website

bubus66

Thanks to Say Hello installed up mode and is not the subject appears on the LCD and a small hand icon Thank you for what may be a problem. DarkLight101 theme I'm using, but the default topic does not appear.

Advertisement: