News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelvincool

Can't really see much from that, did the mod install correctly into the theme? Any errors during installation? Do you have a link to DarkLight101 theme, can't find it in google. If possible you can PM the forum link with a test account to debug.

roza

Thank you for this useful mod. I've been using this mod for a while and also have translated it to Persian(attached). I just have a question about the permissions for this mod. I do not see an option added to the user group permissions.

kelvincool

Quote from: roza on January 26, 2016, 07:43:06 AM
Thank you for this useful mod. I've been using this mod for a while and also have translated it to Persian(attached). I just have a question about the permissions for this mod. I do not see an option added to the user group permissions.

There is no permissions implemented in the mod, no one's asked for it so currently by default every user can thank (except guests of course).

Many thanks for the persian translation, I shall add it to the current release. I take it you're ok to be credited as roza?

roza

Thanks for quick replay.
QuoteI take it you're ok to be credited as roza?
Yeas I'm ok!
I have another question, sometimes when one clicks the thanks button, the mod remains in loading mood ("thanking ..." ) and just after reloading the page new thanks will be displayed on the post.Is this related to the server or connection speed?

kelvincool

That could be any number of things, browser issue, server timeout, etc... if it's random and not consistent then it's more likely a server issue than a browser one. If you are using Firefox, get Firebug open before you click the thank button and see what the ajax call returns when it errors out, that will give an indication of what the problem is.

kelvincool

Quote from: bubus66 on January 25, 2016, 01:53:43 PM
Thanks to Say Hello installed up mode and is not the subject appears on the LCD and a small hand icon Thank you for what may be a problem. DarkLight101 theme I'm using, but the default topic does not appear.

I have tried the theme and it works as expected, when you installed the mod did you definitely check the box for your theme? If you definitely did then I would say it's most likely a conflict with another mod you have installed.

bubus66

Thank you for checking what can mod? In the picture you can see what they are installed

kelvincool

Can you attach your Display.template.php for the DarkLight101 theme?

bubus66

Here's the Display.template.php see what is the problem?

cepera

Thank you for your mod!
When press "thank you", at the bottom of the post - "null". After reloading the page - OK!
How to make mod work properly?

SMF 2.0.11

kelvincool

Quote from: bubus66 on January 29, 2016, 03:59:40 AM
Here's the Display.template.php see what is the problem?

OK I replaced my template with yours and it still works so there's nothing wrong with the template itself. You're not trying to thank your own post are you?

Quote from: cepera on January 29, 2016, 08:23:12 AM
Thank you for your mod!
When press "thank you", at the bottom of the post - "null". After reloading the page - OK!

SMF 2.0.11

Need some more information, which browser are you using, a link to the forum with a test account to thank would be useful.

bubus66

Thank you again so I installed but not working, I'll do it, it will be mod pop it all up and you install the SMF Default Theme - Curve-l will operate.

cepera

Quote from: kelvincool on January 29, 2016, 02:02:09 PM

Quote from: cepera on January 29, 2016, 08:23:12 AM
Thank you for your mod!

SMF 2.0.11

Need some more information, which browser are you using, a link to the forum with a test account to thank would be useful.

Well!
I sent you to access the forum in private.
The problem appears if the language of the forum - Russian. If you change to English - no problem.

kelvincool

• Fixed Russian issue with json
  • Added Russian UTF-8

You were right it was a specific problem with handling Russian in json. Took a bit of work but got it to work eventually.

cepera

Quote from: kelvincool on January 30, 2016, 07:39:39 AM

• Fixed Russian issue with json
  • Added Russian UTF-8

You were right it was a specific problem with handling Russian in json. Took a bit of work but got it to work eventually.

Yes! Its OK now!
Thank you so much!

bubus66

kelvincool

Hey, so what is the problem re-installed just above the base template and have not even seen?

kelvincool

Quote from: bubus66 on January 30, 2016, 08:48:53 AM
kelvincool

Hey, so what is the problem re-installed just above the base template and have not even seen?

Look at someone else's post, can you see the thanks button?

bubus66

Quote from: kelvincool on January 30, 2016, 08:56:03 AM
kelvincool

Yes, it seems to me someone, why not?

kelvincool

Quote from: bubus66 on January 30, 2016, 09:08:17 AM
Quote from: kelvincool on January 30, 2016, 08:56:03 AM
kelvincool

Ok so you can see the thank button on someone else's post right? The reason you cannot see it on your own post is because you cannot thank your own post. You can only thank other people's posts.

Yes, it seems to me someone, why not?

bubus66

Advertisement: