News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

The mod didn't "clean house" (Arantor likes to say that :)) well when it was uninstalled.

Do you have a backup before you installed the mod the first time?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

dekatria

Finally managed to fix the problem (I think).
In the DB there was an entry of the old address that created conflicts
Specifically `smf_settings`.`variable` = 'integrate_pre_include';

belfa

It would be interesting to have the total of those who thanked the topic in addition to the username.

The following users have thanked this post: ......
Total: ....

Can you tell me how it's done? Thank you

CyanGaming

I installed it, but now I can't access my forum, it just says:

" Not unique table/alias: 'mts' "

how can I remove this

CyanGaming

I can't remember what happened between now and my last post, but I got everything working again.

However, after moving to a new webhost, I now get the error:

"Class 'SayThanks' not found"

The error is located in the first post wrapper of every thread, and no other posts load but the first one. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I tried removing the mod, but it didn't go away.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: CyanGaming on August 08, 2018, 05:58:01 AM
I can't remember what happened between now and my last post, but I got everything working again.

The error is located in the first post wrapper of every thread, and no other posts load but the first one. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I tried removing the mod, but it didn't go away.

What version of PHP are you using? It is the common error that happens to me when changing server.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

CyanGaming

Quote from: Rock Lee on August 08, 2018, 10:40:06 AM
Quote from: CyanGaming on August 08, 2018, 05:58:01 AM

What version of PHP are you using? It is the common error that happens to me when changing server.

Regards!
I assume it's php 7.2 but I could be wrong, I'm not sure how to check it.
btw, what have you done in the past to fix this issue

Arantor

SMF 2.0 does not support PHP 7.2.

CyanGaming

Then I have absolutely no idea, nor do I know how to check. Everything else works fine, this error just appears in the first post of every topic. Making it impossible to read and send forum posts

CyanGaming

which version should I be using with smf 2.0.15? 7.0?

d3vcho

Yes, PHP 7.0 should work fine.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

CyanGaming

so does anyone know how I can completely uninstall any trace of Say Thanks so that I can reinstall a working version?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: CyanGaming on August 08, 2018, 10:50:21 AM
I assume it's php 7.2 but I could be wrong, I'm not sure how to check it.
btw, what have you done in the past to fix this issue

As I suspect as you say above 2.0.x accepts up to 7.0 at least for now (sure later accept or not newer versions of 7.x). The first option I use is to use php 5.6 as much as possible but adapt the mod, although I do not always adapt it for work ... then look for other alternatives!

Regards!

CyanGaming

did switching to 5.6 fix the error for you?

CyanGaming

could this have something to do with the error I'm getting?

The amount of thanks on profile page is showing up twice:

-Rock Lee-

At least for the moment it works without problems even if the time comes I will have to migrate yes or yes to a new version... If it appears twice, it is usually because the code is duplicated, it happens in most cases.

regards!

CyanGaming

I don't think I'm going to change my php version, I'm most likely just going to delete everything and reinstall smf

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: CyanGaming on August 08, 2018, 01:40:00 PM
I don't think I'm going to change my php version, I'm most likely just going to delete everything and reinstall smf

Even installing everything if the mod was not updated to work at least with php 7.0 will not work... of course unless you adapt to work with the new version.

regards!

Brewster

Hi

I have installed this mod on a 2.0.15 forum I am running, but there doesn't seem to be any buttons to thank users. I can see that it is loading the javascript, css and images.

What can I do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Joe

Brewster

I'm guessing I am missing some div elements around each post

Advertisement: