News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speed King

I see that error in drop-down list when moving a topic to another location:

Click =>

Also, this error is logged in the server error log.

Load.php file is attached.

kelvincool

Does the error go away if you uninstall the mod?

Also what other mods do you have installed, what's the most recent mod apart from SayThanks?

A quick search shows someone had a similar issue for a different mod, you got this mod installed? https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=476366.msg3374636#msg3374636

Speed King

Yes, I have "SEO sitemap and XML sitemap" mod installed.
I will uninstall this mod and then try to move a topic to see if the error persist.

P.S. The error is gone, thanks for help to resolve the problem :)
But errors appear after installing Say Thanks mod, maybe there is some conflict between two mods.

jsx

@kelvincool

The mod worked on my forum, but is currently not working.

This error appeared in the error log:

Please help.

In the modification settings, I can select a board in which thanking for posts will not work, but it is not possible to deselect this board to enable thanking in this board. It would be good if there was an option, if I select an board then there should be an option to deselect that board.

kelvincool

That error indicates the column date_thanked is missing in the message_thanks table, this column has been in the mod for a long time. Have you restored from an old backup or something?

You can re-add the column into that table and that'll fix it, column details are as follows:

'name' => 'date_thanked',
    'type' => 'int',
    'default' => 0,
    'null' => false,

You can deselect the boards by holding ctrl and clicking.

jsx

I was using your mod on SMF 2.0.19 and updated the forum to 2.1.2 and that's it.

Did I run these values correctly?

But in the Null Index, I don't have the choice of False

kelvincool

Change default to 0 and uncheck null, leave index as is.

jsx

kelvincool

the name field is just date_thanked, no ' or ,

everything else looks fine

jsx

Thanks for the clarification, I created this column and now the thanks for the post works fine. Thank you for fast help.

Can you ever implement this possibility? I mean, in the modification settings it should be possible to deselect a board, now it is possible to select a board in which the thank you button will not be displayed.

I also noticed that after clicking the Say Thanks button, the Say Thanks button is still visible, it does not automatically switch to Withdraw Thanks (if this option is enabled), only after refreshing the page is the button changed. I understand you designed it that way, but if it would be easy for you to change the buttons to automatically change, then think about it.

kelvincool

Good to know it's working  :)

You must have missed my previous comment about deselecting a board? Just hold down ctrl when clicking on them and it'll deselect it.

Regarding the withdraw button displaying automatically, something to think about for sure.

jsx

Quote from: kelvincool on September 20, 2022, 01:16:25 PMYou must have missed my previous comment about deselecting a board? Just hold down ctrl when clicking on them and it'll deselect it.

Yes, I missed that information. Thank you for the clarification. This information is missing there: Hold ctrl + click to deselect a board.

Quote from: kelvincool on September 20, 2022, 01:16:25 PMRegarding the withdraw button displaying automatically, something to think about for sure.

Good to know that. I think this is a good suggestion, because if you implement it then there is no need to refresh the page (forum).

jsx

Hi @kelvincool

In my forum I get this error in the error log:

8: Undefined index: input_html

/Themes/NameX/Profile.template.php (Line 1616)

8: Undefined index: desc

/Themes/NameX/Profile.template.php (Line 1613)

I reported it here:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=584291.0

But I already know that this error is caused by Say Thanks mod, when I go to Look and Layout there is the text Thanked

I uninstalled this mod and reinstalled it and I still see Thanked here.

Can you help me with this?

kelvincool

Hi @jsx

Thanks for reporting that bug, that should now be fixed in v2.3.4.

jsx

@kelvincool

Thanks for fixing it and also thank you for your quick reply.

jsx

@kelvincool

I just noticed that in the private messages settings here is "Thanked". And this error is also generated. I have installed version 2.3.4. Then I installed Say Thanks 2.3.4 on the test forum and there is no "Thanked" in the private messages settings. So how do I remove it from my forum from these PM settings?

kelvincool

@jsx, thanks for spotting that.

v2.4.0 fixes this,I've also implemented the ajax button switching to withdraw/thank.

jsx

@kelvincool

Awesome, thanks for implementing the button in ajax.

I am using NameX theme and there is some bug here, take a look:

After pressing the Say Thanks button, this is displayed:

"SAY THANKS WITHDRAW THANKS"

When pressed, it displays:

"SAY THANKS SAY THANKS"

The default theme does not have this bug.

kelvincool

I suspected other themes might be an issue, the mod doesn't know how the other themes are formatting that section, will see if I can make it more generic.

jsx

Thanks for the info, hope you can fix it.

Advertisement: