News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Say Thanks

Started by kelvincool, August 30, 2014, 05:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelvincool

v2.4.1 should work fine with your custom theme now.

jsx

@kelvincool

Now it's ok. Thanks for the quick fix. :)

I have a question about the Say Thans button icon for custom themes. Can it be implemented? I see that the Say Thanks button has an icon for the default 2.1 theme

kelvincool

@jsx, I was curious how the NameX theme was doing the icons when I was working on that fix yesterday, looks like it's using a font instead of images for them. So it's not possible to use the original Say Thanks icon for that, you can however pick an icon from the font awesome website to use (free ones only):

https://fontawesome.com/search?o=r&m=free

The code for each icon is at the top right of the icon page, it's the text that looks like this f7f5 for example.

Here's the css you will need to add to apply the icons, I've just picked out a couple of example icons, you can replace the code for each of them with ones you like:

.thank_you_button::before, .saythanks_top_thanked::before, .saythanks_top_thanked_posts::before, .alert_icon.saythanks::before {
    content: "\f7f5"
}

.thank_you_loading::before {
    content: "\f110"
}

.thank_you_success::before {
    content: "\f00c"
}

.thank_you_error::before {
    content: "\f00d"
}

jsx

@kelvincool

Thank you for providing this code. :)

jsx

Hello @kelvincool

I get these errors in the error log, can you take a look at this?

kelvincool

@jsx, I cannot replicate this issue, do you have Top Replies installed as well? If you do, can you uninstall that and see if the error goes away?

I think these errors are symptoms of something going wrong elsewhere, don't think this problem originates from Say Thanks, do you get any other errors in the logs? Any database related ones perhaps?

jsx

@kelvincool

I don't have this Top Replies mod installed, I don't have any other errors in the log. This error is caused by a guest (Google Bot). This guest IP address generates these errors.

kelvincool

@jsx, that's interesting, looking at the urls in the log they are all wap2 which is a bit strange since wap was removed from SMF 2.1. Are you using a mod for wap?

Also is there anything peculiar about that specific topic 375.30? I take it you don't get that error when visiting that link yourself?

jsx

Quote from: kelvincool on December 27, 2022, 05:30:48 PMlooking at the urls in the log they are all wap2 which is a bit strange since wap was removed from SMF 2.1. Are you using a mod for wap?

I don't use that mod. What is WAP?

Quote from: kelvincool on December 27, 2022, 05:30:48 PMAlso is there anything peculiar about that specific topic 375.30? I take it you don't get that error when visiting that link yourself?

When I click on this link, this appears:

QuoteAn error has occurred

Database error, given array of integer values is empty. (message_list)

and these two errors are generated. Every time I click on that link I get two more of these errors.

kelvincool

@jsx, wap is just a standard for mobile display, I'm out of ideas on what's causing the issue, what I do know is that query that gets all the messages for that topic is failing for some reason.

I've released 2.4.2 which will just stop doing anything if that query fails, this is what the core does as well so I think doing it this way is fine, that should stop any more of those errors coming up.

Would be interesting to see if that topic actually comes up properly after you've updated the mod.

jsx

@kelvincool

I have this setting set in TinyPortal:

Because a few users don't like the mobile layout of the forum.

I have installed version 2.4.2, so far these errors have not appeared.

jsx

Hello @kelvincool

Simple Colorizer mod has a problem displaying the color of the nick here.

Can you look at it?

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=439878.msg4142213#msg4142213

And here in the default theme, the admin name displays as bold.

kelvincool

I see from the other thread you've already got a solution, the reason for the bold is just to indicate that's you in the list, that's why it works when you aren't logged in, let me know if you have any further issues on this.

jsx

@kelvincool

Thanks for the explanation. Everything is fine now. Kelvin tell me where in the forum settings can I find these functions? I can't find it on the forum, where is it located?

$txt['saythanks_title'] = 'Hide by thanked count';
$txt['saythanks_hide_text'] = 'You require at least {thanks_needed} thanks, you need another {thanks_left} thanks.';
$txt['saythanks_desc'] = 'Hides post content based on thanked count.';
$txt['saythanks_thanked_title'] = 'Hide by thanked';
$txt['saythanks_hide_thanked_text'] = 'You must thank this post to see the content.';
$txt['saythanks_thanked_desc'] = 'Hides post content based on thanked count.';
$txt['saythanks_input_title'] = 'Minimum thanked count';

$txt['saythanks_recently_thanked_posts'] = 'Recently Thanked Posts';
$txt['saythanks_recent_view'] = 'View the most recent thanked posts on the forum.';
$txt['alert_msg_saythanks'] = 'When one of my posts is thanked';

I am asking this because I translate Say Thanks mod to my language. I just want to know where it is, it's not in mod settings, permissions or account settings.

kelvincool

@jsx, the first set of settings become available if you have Hide Content mod installed.

$txt['saythanks_recently_thanked_posts'] = 'Recently Thanked Posts';
$txt['saythanks_recent_view'] = 'View the most recent thanked posts on the forum.';

These are not used, I was working on a feature a while back but did not finish it, I will remove these in the next release so you can just ignore them.

$txt['alert_msg_saythanks'] = 'When one of my posts is thanked';
This one is used on the notifications settings page under features and options

jsx

I understand, thanks for the clarification. :)

Steve

@kelvincool - forgive me if this has been addressed before but I haven't read all 11 pages of this topic ... does each post show the number of thanks given?
DO NOT pm me for support!

kelvincool

@Steve each post shows a list of users who have thanked the post as shown in this screenshot

You cannot view this attachment.

Steve

Perfect! Thank you.  :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

realvanyek

It looks like russian translation is not in the right encodingYou cannot view this attachment.

Advertisement: