BackToRetro

Started by CrimeS, September 05, 2014, 05:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimeS

Link to the theme

New free theme from studioCRIMES.com !

This time it is purely based on retro/vintage look, not minimalism. PSD included in the package

Live demo is available here

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

CrimeS

Thank you for the feedback!

Cyber-Box

Looooove the theme.  Need a little help, though. I thought if I changed some of the images by replacing the files I could customize it more.

I replaced background, cell, and logo with my own images and, so I wouldn't have to change any coding, I used the same names and file types.  (I double-checked them in my hosting and the images shown there ARE the ones I uploaded).  The thing is, everything remains the same.  I've tried resetting the themes, switching through the themes, logging out and back in,  a different browser (I know, browser doesn't matter, right? ;) ), I even deleted the theme and uploaded it again (with my own omages).

Am I overlooking something, or is it a more complex process?

CrimeS

I'm not quite sure which background you would like to change.

If it's the blue one then find this in index.css:
.nav

and under it you will see code for background-image. If you replace it everywhere where it occurs then the background should change.
If you have any trouble, then feel free to ask.

TehCraw

Quote from: Cyber-Box on January 28, 2015, 11:48:13 AM
Looooove the theme.  Need a little help, though. I thought if I changed some of the images by replacing the files I could customize it more.

I replaced background, cell, and logo with my own images and, so I wouldn't have to change any coding, I used the same names and file types.  (I double-checked them in my hosting and the images shown there ARE the ones I uploaded).  The thing is, everything remains the same.  I've tried resetting the themes, switching through the themes, logging out and back in,  a different browser (I know, browser doesn't matter, right? ;) ), I even deleted the theme and uploaded it again (with my own omages).

Am I overlooking something, or is it a more complex process?

A hard refresh may be in order. Get the old images out of your browser cache, and it'll probably work.

Awesome theme, BTW.  :D
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand. - Martin Fowler

Cyber-Box

yup!  That was it!  (Cache)  Thank you!

CrimeS

Glad you got the answer in this topic! :) Thank you for the nice comments.

rusbowden

Any chance this can be updated for 2.1 RC3?

Thanks

Rus

CrimeS

I currently do not plan to update this theme to SMF 2.1 :)

Advertisement: