News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changes don't apply to forums

Started by ColdXX, September 06, 2014, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdXX

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2014, 07:56:28 PM
No, there is no such setting.

Since you continue to have problems, I would hazard a bet that your server permissions are locked down and none of the changes that you THINK you are making are actually being applied.

I've tried using a SMF theme,and i've tried using a FREE theme from Dzinerstudio aswell,i've tried many things,none appear to happen.
How can i check server settings (since i am not the one that set up my forum i really have no ideea)

Edit: Can i use cPanel to go into that?

Arantor

I'd wonder... if you saved the file, did you do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5 in most browsers) to see if the updated version loads?

ColdXX

Quote from: Arantor on September 08, 2014, 08:07:20 PM
I'd wonder... if you saved the file, did you do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5 in most browsers) to see if the updated version loads?
Yes i did! And it pisses me off everytime i see nothing is changed.

Kindred

That's what I mean... Is suspect that your file permissions are preventing any of the changes from actually being applied.

What is the chmod permissions for your files in the CSS directory?

Actually...   What is the specific directory that you are editing the CSS file in?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ColdXX

Permissions for index.css is curently 644.
Well it's public_html/Themes/Twotone/css/index.css

Oh and 1 more thing. The logo that the theme uses,i've removed it from theme directory and when i refresh the forums,it's still there.

Kindred

Try 664 and see if it lets you update it then...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ColdXX

Nope,nothing has changed. Not even 1 single f***ing thing!

Kindred

Then try 666.

If that still doesn't work, then you will need to talk to your host.
Слaва
Украинi

ColdXX

Still,nothing! I will get in contact with the host see if they know what the problem is and if they can fix it!

Thanks!

kat

It may be that you don't have full CHOWN ownership of your files.

Advertisement: