Website admin contact information?

Started by 1Movie, September 10, 2014, 05:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesH

My two cents here, if I may, fwiw.

Re having some sort of contact info feature added to the SMF stock: would this be mandatory or optional for the admin(s)? (Right now, I could make the case for optional, and having the OP's issue in mind, with a strong reminder for the admin(s) to fill in the blanks. Maybe even a nagging one...)

Personally, I try to read the small print, the bylaws and so on before I sign up anywhere, and it is hardly ever an easy or pleasant job, but a working, active contact info is close to the top of my priorities list.

Also, in the past, I sometimes managed to resolve issues similar to the OP's by way of whois-type services - then again, some webmasters choose to pay extra for anonimity.

In any case, this is a most interesting topic; the PHP behind it may be the easier part... :)

mashby

I agree...if this is to be part of the default stock SMF, it should be optional, kind of like CAPTCHA is on registration.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

The thing is...   I never said it was a bad idea.. or that it should not be done. my only argument, aside from raising possible spam concerns was that, with a beta close,  should we delay the beta to add yet anotber feature?

seriously,  we have to draw a line somewhere... if we ever want to finish a release. At this point that is my sole concern
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: