News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

problem with embeding videos

Started by wandawill, September 11, 2014, 10:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandawill

my new 2.0.8 won't embed any scripted videos using html code. the problem seems to be the spacing in the script. I tried it on my older upgraded forum and it works fine. I set up another one on the same server and have the same problem. all have their own database.

this is how it's copied
[html]<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mysite/seduction/eflvcoresva4341.js"></script>[/html]

this is how the forum changes it. extra space at both places, my old forum puts one.
[html]<script  type="text/javascript"  src="http://mysite/seduction/eflvcoresva4341.js"></script>[/html]

thanks for your help.

wandawill

maybe this should be on the bug forum.

Arantor

Cannot reproduce in an unmodified SMF installation. What other changes have you made to your site?

wandawill

nothing at all. new install with no mods.

Arantor

Strange because a fresh 2.0.8, I can't reproduce this.

wandawill

if you want to take a look I'll send you the link and login info pm. there's nothing on it except a couple of post. I also noticed I have to delete a post two or three times to get rid of it. maybe server?

margarett

Yup, happens the same to me in my local test forum... a space is added exactly like yours.

edit: and adds another extra space each time the post is edited...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

wut? That's definitely unexpected. Needs further investigation then.

margarett

And if I'm not mistaken, this is not the first time I read this issue. But now I'm just trusting my memory, which is hardly a good idea...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on September 12, 2014, 11:30:09 AM
And if I'm not mistaken, this is not the first time I read this issue. But now I'm just trusting my memory, which is hardly a good idea...

user has bad 2.0.7 patch by chance?

Arantor

Illori

kat

Just for reference, this doesn't happen on my 2.0.9 test site. :)

margarett

Arantor

But apparently I already fixed it in the past :P

Advertisement: