New to SMF - SE indexing of topics

Started by PMFE, November 07, 2014, 08:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMFE

Hello,

I'm new here and did some searching but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I apologize if this is covered somewhere else.

I have a new forum at hxxp:pmfe.com/forum [nonactive] and submitted the sitemap to Webmaster Tools, but none of the "topics" pages are being indexed?

It's been over a week now and based on previous experience, these should be indexed by now.

Just curious if others have had similar issues.

I have pretty urls, optimus brave installed.

Thank you for your time.

PS. I love SMF. I have 5 installs running now.

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org

Google has its own method and pace for indexing your content. If you submitted a sitemap of a new forum (therefore, with little to none content) it's clear that the priority will be low :)

Most of us here believe that SEO tricks in a forum are useless --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=427913.0 sticky in this same board

Good luck ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

well, a few questions.

1- why are you running prettyurls?   If you are running it to make human-nice urls, then fine...    if you are running it because you think it helps google, then you are incorrect (and the mod has known issues with some sites and with many other mods)

2- What are you using to generate your sitemap?

3- as margarett says -- even submitting the sitemap, it may take some time for your site to get fully indexed and to show up in google search.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PMFE

pretty urls because i like pretty urls, not for any type of seo

optimus brave for the sitemap

all the boards are indexed... found it ironic that no topics had been yet

Kindred

I don't think Optimus brave creates a TOPIC sitemap....   does it?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PMFE

it does

hxxp:pmfe.com/forum/sitemap.xml [nonactive]

Advertisement: