News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum SEO

Started by swaggaderby, September 11, 2014, 07:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swaggaderby

Please am not sure which sector to post this on...please i dont get google crawlers or anything on my site dont know whats wrong...please

live627

swaggaderby

Quote from: live627 on September 11, 2014, 08:02:34 PM
make content as always
i do that always and according to Google webmaster i dont have only one page indexed dunno why????

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

I have never used Google's webmaster tools for my site, yet I do see spiders. Time is also a factor. The robots usually won't find your site right away. One day is just not enough.

Activity - new content every once in a while - keeps them coming back. Just like people.

Bottom line: Build your website for humans. Spiders love that. And cookies.

swaggaderby

Quote from: live627 on September 11, 2014, 08:36:02 PM
I have never used Google's webmaster tools for my site, yet I do see spiders. Time is also a factor. The robots usually won't find your site right away. One day is just not enough.

Activity - new content every once in a while - keeps them coming back. Just like people.

Bottom line: Build your website for humans. Spiders love that. And cookies.
Yes thanks alot....but my site has been added for more dan a month now it should probably be going to the 4th month or so...but still just one indexed paged nd so many topics in forum..im surprised

Ninja ZX-10RR

This should continue here IMHO --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527630.0 since you have been linked to a mod that will help your forum to be more visible ;) That and the details above really tell you everything you needed to know :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 11, 2014, 10:13:57 PM
This should continue here IMHO --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527630.0 since you have been linked to a mod that will help your forum to be more visible ;) That and the details above really tell you everything you needed to know :)
Alright..wud go tru it...

Night09

You need to get registered with google and submit a site map. Do the same  for Bing ect.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183669?hl=en

Kindred

You do not have to do so... my sites get crawled just fine without being registered on either one...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

swaggaderby

Quote from: Night09 on September 12, 2014, 02:25:18 PM
You need to get registered with google and submit a site map. Do the same  for Bing ect.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183669?hl=en
i have tried submitting a site map they keep telling me that i dont have a sitemap that my site is an html page or so....

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2014, 02:27:45 PM
You do not have to do so... my sites get crawled just fine without being registered on either one...
Same.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

However, if you do wwnt to submit ine, you need an xml sitemap... which is generated by optimus brave, I think
Слaва
Украинi

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 12, 2014, 02:47:56 PM
Same.
did u create a site map for your forum?and are all ur forum pages indexed?

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2014, 02:49:11 PM

However, if you do wwnt to submit ine, you need an xml sitemap... which is generated by optimus brave, I think
i dont think it does that because i have been looking thru it....and i cant find anything like that because when i created a forum b4 i didnt really have to submit anything and my forum was indexed as well as my site being ranked on Alexa now der s nothing

Kindred

Public pages are indexed...   some of the sites have a sitemap, some don't

again, a sitemap is not required
Слaва
Украинi

Night09

All sites are individual. You may have a popular site with a few good authority inbound links which means google will tend to crawl more often. If you have a site thats either new or run of the mill with low backlinks and only a few pages or topics then your not likely to get much of a crawler throughput.

One of my Amazon sites gets a crawler every 9 seconds, it updates its map daily and submits it to hundreds of sites when anything new is posted.

A support site I have gets a couple of crawlers a day because the site doesnt get a lot of interest outside its geographical area. This one also doesnt update to google.

A sitemap tells the search engines there is new content and also gets you scheduled for a crawl. You should update it regular if your small and after any major link changes or pruning. Once the sites popularity goes up then it will not be so bad.

swaggaderby

Quote from: Night09 on September 12, 2014, 03:06:25 PM
All sites are individual. You may have a popular site with a few good authority inbound links which means google will tend to crawl more often. If you have a site thats either new or run of the mill with low backlinks and only a few pages or topics then your not likely to get much of a crawler throughput.

One of my Amazon sites gets a crawler every 9 seconds, it updates its map daily and submits it to hundreds of sites when anything new is posted.

A support site I have gets a couple of crawlers a day because the site doesnt get a lot of interest outside its geographical area. This one also doesnt update to google.

A sitemap tells the search engines there is new content and also gets you scheduled for a crawl. You should update it regular if your small and after any major link changes or pruning. Once the sites popularity goes up then it will not be so bad.
Thanks Alot for your reply..The problem am having right now is i dont know where the sitemap of my forum is and i have tried submiiting my forum sitemap and i dont mind submitting it reguarly but the problem i am having right now is that i dont know how to the get the sitemap of myforum

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: swaggaderby on September 12, 2014, 02:52:36 PM
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 12, 2014, 02:47:56 PM
Same.
did u create a site map for your forum?and are all ur forum pages indexed?
I did absoultely nothing, I didn't even install Optimus Brave... Yet.
Still I get yahoo's crawler daily and sometimes also the one from google, even if my forum is small since my project has not been released yet.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: