News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom BBCodes Manager

Started by dougiefresh, September 14, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgn4web

Just updated to 1.5, looks good.

One of the old issues seems to be solved: now the preview button actually applies the custom bbcode. Well done!

I have an issue however: when trying to update an existing bbcode I get an error message warning that "The bbcode you are attempting to insert already exists." and changes are not saved.

dougiefresh

v1.5 - December 13th, 2014
o License change to Simplified BSD.
o Replaced the BBCode existance check using SMF's own code...
o Added Dutch translation to the mod, courtesy of Fixit...

pgn4web

Looked around a bit more and it seems that with the new 1.5 version, each time I try saving a new bbcode, I get the error message "The bbcode you are attempting to insert already exists."
Even tried removing the module and all its data and re-installing.

dougiefresh

Lemme look into this issue....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.6 - Febuary 1st, 2015
o Fixed a nasty bug where existing custom BBcodes weren't allowed to be edited.
o If SMF 2.1-Style Admin Menu is installed, this mod is installed under Configuration => Feature Settings.
o Changed code so that CustomBBCode.php not loaded until actually needed....

konef

Confirm

Quotewhen trying to update an existing bbcode I get an error message warning that "The bbcode you are attempting to insert already exists." and changes are not saved.

smf 2.0.9
Custom BBCodes Manager 1.6   

pro-pumper

always send me the error: "The bbcode you are attempting to insert already exists." and no save

Paracelsus

Quote from: pro-pumper on February 08, 2015, 12:49:19 PM
always send me the error: "The bbcode you are attempting to insert already exists." and no save

Same issue here using the most updated version of this MOD.

dougiefresh

I will look into this issue.  One question, though: What bbcode are you trying to create?  If it is already defined by either Sources/Subs.php or a hook, then redefinition of a bbcode isn't possible at this time.  You can easily find out what bbcodes are defined by looking at Admin => Forum => Posts and Topics => Bulletin Board Code.

Paracelsus

Quote from: dougiefresh on February 11, 2015, 03:06:23 PM
I will look into this issue.  One question, though: What bbcode are you trying to create?  If it is already defined by either Sources/Subs.php or a hook, then redefinition of a bbcode isn't possible at this time.  You can easily find out what bbcodes are defined by looking at Admin => Forum => Posts and Topics => Bulletin Board Code.

No, it's not on that list, I've checked. I can't create any kind of BBCode, keep getting that error the whole time.

Here's what I'm trying and what I get:

Paracelsus

Btw, I also get 3 errors:

http://www.forumscp.com/index.php?action=admin;area=postsettings;sa=custombbc;edit=-1;sesc
8: Undefined index: after
Ficheiro: /var/www/html/Sources/CustomBBCodes.php
Linha: 279

http://www.forumscp.com/index.php?action=admin;area=postsettings;sa=custombbc;edit=-1;sesc
8: Undefined index: before
Ficheiro: /var/www/html/Sources/CustomBBCodes.php
Linha: 279

http://www.forumscp.com/index.php?action=admin;area=featuresettings
8: Undefined index: sa
Ficheiro: /var/www/html/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php
Linha: 32

pro-pumper

Quote from: Paracelsus on February 11, 2015, 05:51:46 PM
Quote from: dougiefresh on February 11, 2015, 03:06:23 PM

No, it's not on that list, I've checked. I can't create any kind of BBCode, keep getting that error the whole time.

are exactly the same mistakes that I have, I tried reinstalling and nothing

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.7 - Febuary 13th, 2015
o Fixed undefined variable error in Subs-CustomBBCodes.php
o Fixed some undefined array elements in CustomBBcodes.php
o Fixed several issues inside the bbcode_exists function in Subs-CustomBBCodesAdmin.php

@Everybody: I am unable to edit the first post at this time.

Quote from: konef on February 07, 2015, 06:32:05 AM
when trying to update an existing bbcode I get an error message warning that "The bbcode you are attempting to insert already exists." and changes are not saved.
Quote from: pro-pumper on February 08, 2015, 12:49:19 PM
Quote from: Paracelsus on February 10, 2015, 07:43:04 AM
Same issue here using the most updated version of this MOD.
Thank you for your bug reports.  I apologize for my oversight that lead to these errors.  I've corrected the mod and have uploaded it....

Quote from: Paracelsus on February 11, 2015, 05:51:46 PM

Okay, I see a few things wrong with the bbcode you're trying to build.  The content specifies the HTML content of the bbcode....  In order for this bbcode to be displayed correctly, you would need something like:
<a href="http://www.forumscp.com/wiki/index.php?title={content}">{content}</a>

Paracelsus

Now I got it working, but I don't seem to be able to create an effective BBCode.

So, what I want is to write for example ABCD in between tags and get a link like this: http://www.forumscp.com/wiki/index.php?title=ABCD If I put this html code <a href="http://www.forumscp.com/wiki/index.php?title={content}">{content}</a> and choose parsed content then i get the right link but {content} as text (and I want ABCD as text).

danster

hello..!

please anyone knows how to add custom bb code in correct way cos i'm using Custom_BBCodes_Manager_v1.7 mod
but i try to add may custom bb code but it's didn't take effect cos i tried to disable some bbcodes to show for guests but it'd didn't works  so please if some one know how to proceed that tell me

I'm using mods 1. Custom_BBCodes_Manager_v1.7 mod and 2. show_bbcode_to_guests-0.1.7  both..

I attached one image for reference...

Thank you...
Brgds..!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.8 - April 4th, 2015
o Updated for SMF 2.1 Beta 1f

dougiefresh

@Everybody:  I want to apologize.  I'm not trying to ignore messages and/or requests.  I've been working a lot of hours at my workplace lately and haven't had much time to deal with issues.  I spent most of my 4-day Easter weekend trying to make every mod work with SMF 2.1 Beta 1....  Maybe it's futile, maybe it's not.  Either way, some (if not all) of the work has been done....

That having been said, I'm going to work on rewriting this mod to be more "friendly" towards bbcode creation, cause it definitely ain't that way right now....

@Danster:  If you disable a built-in bbcode within SMF's admin interface, that does not delete the bbcode, nor will it remove the bbcode from the internal bbcode list.  The mod checks to make sure that the bbcode you are creating does not already exist....

The picture you included doesn't assist me with what the bbcode you are attempting to create....  The content of the picture makes it appears that you're trying to create a duplicate HTML tag, which is HUGE risk to your forum!  I would NOT advise the creation of such a bbcode!

danster

Thank you for respond..

yes sorry for lack of details of question..so i'm asking that i want to add custom bbcode for not allow to view for guests
so like this codes " donload " " url " like this..

i wanted to add that bbcode when guest logging to my forum for them shows this massage instead of this words..

" Sorry, you are not allowed to see this part of the text. Please login or register"

so that is i wanted to know how to to dot...

Thank you
Best regards..!!

dougiefresh

Okay, I understand now.  This mod is for the creation of "simple" HTML bbcodes.  What you are trying to create cannot be made as a "simple" HTML construct without using JavaScript, which would reveal what you're trying to hide from guests it during a source view.  You NEED a mod and/or custom code in order to accomplish this objective....

420Connect.co.uk

I've got:

Undefined index: area
for this line in /Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php

if (($_GET['area'] == 'featuresettings' || $_GET['area'] == 'postsettings') && (isset($_GET['sa']) && $_GET['sa'] == 'custombbc'))

???

Anything obvious?
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Advertisement: