Custom BBCodes Manager

Started by dougiefresh, September 14, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreadaxe

Quote from: dougiefresh on January 30, 2017, 09:03:34 AM
Copy the edit_db.php to the root of your forum, then run it.  For example, if the path to your forum is http://www.duh.com, then you would run http://www.duh.com/edit_db.php.  Let me know if that works for you (I don't understand why it wasn't run to begin with.....)

Table 'assostonhng1.smf_bbcodes' doesn't exist
Fichier: /home/assoston/www/taverne/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php
Ligne: 32

Huckleberry

Quote from: Dreadaxe on March 12, 2017, 05:56:13 PM
Quote from: dougiefresh on January 30, 2017, 09:03:34 AM
Copy the edit_db.php to the root of your forum, then run it.  For example, if the path to your forum is http://www.duh.com, then you would run http://www.duh.com/edit_db.php.  Let me know if that works for you (I don't understand why it wasn't run to begin with.....)

Table 'assostonhng1.smf_bbcodes' doesn't exist
Fichier: /home/assoston/www/taverne/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php
Ligne: 32

Just a heads up, I was having this same problem, I had to make the following changes:

1. Modified the edit_db.php file by deleting this portion:

if ((SMF == 'SSI') && !$user_info['is_admin'])
   die('Admin priveleges required.');

The admin check was causing the edit_db.php script not to run for whatever reason. Once this change was made and then I rezipped the files, I was able to run the Install Mod command in Package Manager.

2. However, once it was installed I noticed that the Custom BB Codes page in the Admin section looked like it was there but the panel wasn't really showing up. I had to manually execute the changes in the install_20x.xml file because that didn't run for a reason I still don't know. I had to manually download my ManagePosts.php, ManageSettings.php, and Admin.template.php files from my server, make the modifications, then upload them back.

I still have some issues like the text

enctype="multipart/form-data"

appearing at the top of the admin pages, but it seems like it's functioning.

samimikawi

Table 'baramji.smf_bbcodes' doesn't exist
File: /home/toplinkuae/public_html/barameji.com/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php
Line: 30

same here how can i uninstall it now ? my website is not working because of this mod kindly help.

thanks & Best Regards

dougiefresh

Quote from: samimikawi on April 23, 2017, 02:53:24 AM
same here how can i uninstall it now ? my website is not working because of this mod kindly help.
FTP into your site and delete Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php.  You should have access to your website....

samimikawi

thanks yes now is working, is there no way to find a good way to install this mod.

and if not i only want to add text hyperlink to bbcode.

thanks & Best Regards

gorbi

Unable to load the 'CustomBBCode_Browse' template. ver. 2.2

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  I'm sorry I've put off dealing with this mod for so long.  I've been trying to deal with life issues recently and haven't felt like trying to tackle this problematic mod....

I'm starting a top-to-bottom rewrite of this mod.  I will be taking a completely different approach to defining the custom bbcode tags, mandating a completely new table format for version 3.0.  It will be completely incompatible with version 1.x and 2.x tables, and you probably will have to redefine all of your custom bbcode tags. The database table for version 3.0 will be more flexible, so that further additions can be made without messing with the database table format.

Beowulf1976

Is anyone around to assist me with something?

I have: Table 'friends6_smf341.smfcj_bbcodes' doesn't exist
File: /home/friends6/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php
Line: 32

after I installed this mod, which said it was fine (there were NO errors whatsoever)
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

Shambles

As I mentioned elsewhere, read other posts in this topic - your issue has been covered before (with a work-around).

Beowulf1976

applebogies, I will read through (I have aphasia so I struggle quite badly with language sometimes, sorry)
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

Beowulf1976

The work-around does not work, copying edit_db.php into my forum root just gives another database error

Arantor

You copy it to your root and then run it.

Beowulf1976

I did just say I copied it to forum root and it gave me another database error

Arantor

From your description it sounds like you copied it to the root and expected that to fix the problem.

So what error did it give you? Same error? Different error?

Beowulf1976

I copied it to /forum (which is the root of the forum) and in the bar at the top on chrome I typed in *****/forum/edit_db.php and the first time I did it I got a white page flash up with database error, and when I tried again as my forum was not fixed by this.... I just get my front end telling me that page cannot be found.

Beowulf1976

Quote from: Shambles on May 24, 2017, 01:14:24 PM
As I mentioned elsewhere, read other posts in this topic - your issue has been covered before (with a work-around).

Thank you for your response, but it does not work for me. :(

Arantor

Would have been nice to know what the database error was...

Beowulf1976

I apologise, it flashed up so fast I was not able to read it.

on my forum all I get (after my hosts trying to repair it)

is "Database error" Please try again, if you come back to this screen report to admin. I am fricken admin rofl :D

Beowulf1976

My server hosts said that the database will no longer connect to the forum, so I am just going to go back to this morning's (20 hours ago) backup.

Beowulf1976

I can NEVER get this to work on my forum even using the work-around. I have had to get the host to restore my database twice because of it.

However, as I think the mod itself is a  ABSOLUTELY fantastic one, I will keep watch on your progress with perfecting this and will gladly install it as soon as  you have it working so it doesn't break peoples' forums. :)

If you'd like to come along to my forum, be admin, install it and fix it for me (because I'm a stupid noob) so you can see the issues first hand on a live forum, just pm me for details and I'll set you up with access.

Best wishes to you Dougie.

Advertisement: