News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SPB: Smart PostBit (Hook Version!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, September 14, 2014, 03:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Link to Mod

SPB: Smart PostBit (Hook Version!)
- For SMF 2.0.x & 2.1.x
- Hook, No File Modification

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
2. This mod will help you make your profile postbit in display page looks smart.
3. Upon its successful installation, you will need to enable it it mod settings page.
4. Other than putting each info inside a box like VB, it also added some hover effects.
5. You can test it in lower SMF 2.0 version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)

Thank you for using/testing it.

Yours friendly,
Abu Fahim Ismail.

BSD License. Feel free to modify accordingly but keep author's link if it is in there somewhere. ;)

#Change Logs

@Version 1.0.3
- Fix profile_icons li, .im_icons li, .poster and its border color (from #eee to #ddd) for SMF 2.1.
- Remove css if browser is smaller than 38em instead of 35em for both SMF versions.

@Version 1.0.2
- Add another border curve for the whole postbit.
- This mod actually affects /  covers all personal message page as well.

@Version 1.0.1
- Upgrade to cover SMF 2.1 beta.
- Add border curve.

@Version 1.0.0
- Initial release.

DasVON

Awesome Mod ....

but is it possible to change the box color ( looks light blue to red or white ) to tone in with a dark theme ? See Pic

Definitely possible. Simply open SPB.styles.css (in default theme folder) and change its css code:

For normal display, change lightblue (at two places) to preferred color. For hover display, change lime (at two places) to preferred color.

DasVON

Upgraded!!!

#Change Logs

@Version 1.0.1
- Upgrade to cover SMF 2.1 beta.
- Add border curve.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thank you for inspiring me a huge .css improvement :D Basically I did almost the same thing but without wrapping everything in boxes and also added a on hover effect highlighting the whole profile stuff. Still the inspiration for that code came from this mod, thank you buddy once again, I love your graphical tweaks, they always inspire me something!
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Glad you like it. You can always do many modifications to default SMF without even need to directly change its file(s).

I can see that you already did something similar to your postbit. Nice work indeed.

Upgraded to 1.0.2. As per image attached.

#Change Logs

@Version 1.0.2
- Add another border curve for the whole postbit.
- This mod actually affects /  covers all personal message page as well.

Ninja ZX-10RR

It seems that you really liked the way I took inspiration :D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Updated mainly to fix mod for SMF 2.1.

@Version 1.0.3
- Fix profile_icons li, .im_icons li, .poster and its border color (from #eee to #ddd) for SMF 2.1.
- Remove mod's css if browser is smaller than 38em instead of 35em for both SMF versions.

romanos8

I have installed the mode but I did not see any change, please can you help me to use this amazing mode? I want to know how use it.

Steve

How do you know it's 'amazing' if you saw no change? :P

Seriously, did you enable the mod in the mod settings page?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Cola-Coca

Hi,

This mode works properly except when you go to 'profile'.
When you go to the user profile you see it as if the mod is not installed, see imagen under please.

I think the mod should be updated !!!  :-\
I LOVE SMF

-Rock Lee-

I'm not at all clear what he does and I see that I try it on a test SMF to see what he's doing live. Since it is only a line of passage of the translation into Spanish Latin 8)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Cola-Coca

Does anyone know the answer to my question  ???
I LOVE SMF

Steve

What question? As far as I can tell, the mod isn't intended to work in the profile, just posts.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: