News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Making custom header..

Started by Goldengirl71, September 18, 2014, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldengirl71

..and my theme is XPtsp, site name seniorsriot.com.

I don't want to mess with the theme much because it is just so great as it is.  Can someone tell me if I can somehow just change the lettering in the header of XPtsp?  Heres a photo of the title area as it is now;) (attached)

Thanks in advance for any help;)

denise

mashby

Likely a two-step process:
1. Change this physical image:
http://seniorsriot.com/Themes/xptsp/images/theme/logo.png
2. Depending on the image dimensions of the updated image, you might need to adjust this as well:

#logo {
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    height: 113px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 10px;
    top: 5px;
    width: 400px;
}

Specifically the height and width.

Normally, you should ask in the support topic for the theme, but I'm helping you anyway. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Mr.Truckman

Goldengirl71

Thanks to both of you, I am still learning to navigate this site, but after I asked the question, I found the instruction in the theme itself, duh, sorry bout that.  I mean when I login as admin, I can go to themes and layout, then admin>configuration>themes and layout>modify themes>edit this themes style-sheets.

I went ahead and wrote that in above so it might help others find it as well.  Again, I do appreciate your help so much, but yes, I need to look harder for the answers on my own first;)

Denise;)

Goldengirl71

Quote from: Mr.Truckman on September 18, 2014, 11:44:13 AM
Add url logo you site  ;D

Oh yes, if I am understanding you, make the logo a link.  I'll just have the forum is all so I don't know whether I'll make it a link or not, thank you much for your help:) denise

Arantor

Well... I can make the image for you - if you want the same style as the XPtsp text currently is (I would just need to know what the text should say)

Goldengirl71

Quote from: mashby on September 18, 2014, 11:37:26 AM
Likely a two-step process:
1. Change this physical image:
http://seniorsriot.com/Themes/xptsp/images/theme/logo.png
2. Depending on the image dimensions of the updated image, you might need to adjust this as well:

#logo {
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    height: 113px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 10px;
    top: 5px;
    width: 400px;
}

Specifically the height and width.

Normally, you should ask in the support topic for the theme, but I'm helping you anyway. :)

Oh geez, it's scarey what an amateur I am, but I so wanted to do this, so here I am;)  I see that CSS is just colors, the look of the site, not the actual text etc.  So yes, I will head over to the "theme" support here:)  thanks Mashby, Denise

Goldengirl71

Quote from: Arantor on September 18, 2014, 01:12:52 PM
Well... I can make the image for you - if you want the same style as the XPtsp text currently is (I would just need to know what the text should say)

That's really a kind offer Arantor, I think I will try it myself, just to see if I can do it as I might want it just a little different.  I know the dimensions now, and I am going to use my Inkscape.  I made some neat, gold, glowing text, although I don't think I want anything that bright.  I'll post on the right board on this topic from now on, so that's where I'll be as far as further questions;)  Thanks again, you have nice people here, including yourself;) Denise

Arantor

Any time :)

(Technically, all I was going to do was use GIMP with the Cool Metal plugin, which is all the original designer did ;))

Goldengirl71

I have GIMP, it is awesome, but I am not as familiar with it as Inkscape.  I'm just not positive if I want it the same yet:) If I do, I may take you up on your offer.  I HAVE to go grocery shopping this a.m. yuck, so won't be back to work until after that.

I don't expect you to have time later though Arantor, so if I decide to go with the same logo/diff. lettering, I will "ask" if you have the time;) Denise ;)

Advertisement: