News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF fresh install linking js, styles, and images to localhost

Started by Alex4108, September 26, 2014, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex4108

Afternoon,

I recently installed two instances of SMF 2.0.8.  A dev and production instance.  Both instances are encountering the same problem.  When I load the page, I get no styles, images, or javascript.  After viewing the source, it seems that SMF is trying to access them from http://127.0.0.1/smf, instead of my board's URL, http://domain.name/

I checked the paths under the admin panel, and they're all set correctly.  I can confirm the resources exist by viewing the source and visiting them with the correct domain name instead of 127.0.0.1.

Please let me know of any possible solutions.  Thanks!

Alex4108

Found the solution after digging through the admin panel one last time before I got off.

Admin > Configuration > Themes > Theme Settings

Click "Attempt to reset all themes" button at the bottom

links are repaired and styles load properly now.

/thread

Arantor

Are you using PHP 5.5 out of interest? I thought we'd fixed a bug related to that in the main installer...

ZefiroDragon

I just encountered the same issue when doing a fresh test install.

Got the zip file for 2.0.15 (which seems to still be the newest version, despite it being 2 years old), unzipped it on my web server, setting the permissions as required. Clicking through the installer until it's finished.

When the forum then loads, all stylesheets and images are broken - pointing to 127.0.0.1 instead of my local domain name.

The fix mentioned by Alex4108 did work for me as well.

I'm running on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS with PHP 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 on that machine.

Arantor

And you will until the team fixes the installer. This is a bug that has been in the installer since 2.0.7 (which I fixed in 2.0.6 but for some reason it didn't get applied to 2.0.7 and beyond)

Advertisement: