News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.9 / 1.1.20 Security Patches Released

Started by Oldiesmann, October 02, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalky

I don't have any errors in my log after using the patch.  What are the exact errors you're getting?

Masterd

Quote from: Antechinus on October 04, 2014, 08:51:48 PM
My understanding was that the policy was always to patch whatever could be patched in 1.1.x, up until the day that 2.1 was stable, at which point 1.1.x would immediately get canned completely.

I personally can't understand thier decision to support 1.1.x for so long. If they had dropped support for it back in 2012 vast mojority of (if not all) users would already be on 2.0.x and we wouldn't be in such mess.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: Chalky on October 05, 2014, 06:39:49 AM
I don't have any errors in my log after using the patch.  What are the exact errors you're getting?

It does not actually make an error, but it does seem that an add after was used instead of a replace.
So technically, instead of replacing the line, it left it and added the newer line that had more code to it.
Thus, leaving extra code that is not needed, and may produce errors that I am unaware of at this time.

Kindred

Quote from: Ferny on October 05, 2014, 04:48:48 AM
I think there is something wrong in the upgrade package from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9. It's about the second operation in "$sourcedir/ManageServer.

Since this thread is not for support, please raise your issue in the support or bug reports boards...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Ferny

Quote from: Kindred on October 05, 2014, 07:58:56 AM
Quote from: Ferny on October 05, 2014, 04:48:48 AM
I think there is something wrong in the upgrade package from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9. It's about the second operation in "$sourcedir/ManageServer.

Since this thread is not for support, please raise your issue in the support or bug reports boards...

Posted here, with more details: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=528577.0
Digital Video & Audio:
www.mundodivx.com

Oldiesmann

That should indeed be a replace. Just remove the original line and keep the new one there.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Ferny

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 05, 2014, 01:42:21 PM
That should indeed be a replace. Just remove the original line and keep the new one there.

That's what I did ;) Another option is to replace the ManageServer.php by the one in the full-install package of 2.0.9
Digital Video & Audio:
www.mundodivx.com

Rob Lightbody

Biology Forums

I believe previews in Firefox are hanging. Any clue?

Masterd

Quote from: Shuban on October 06, 2014, 02:51:20 PM

What exactly are you talking about?

Biology Forums

Quote from: Masterd on October 06, 2014, 02:53:50 PM

Make a post in 1.x and click preview before posting. It hangs and on Chrome is reloads the whole page.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: Kindred on October 05, 2014, 07:58:56 AM

I think one may have already been made for this issue. ;)

vbgamer45

Quote from: Shuban on October 06, 2014, 02:54:48 PM
Quote from: Masterd on October 06, 2014, 02:53:50 PM

Make a post in 1.x and click preview before posting. It hangs and on Chrome is reloads the whole page.
Have a post on it at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=528614.0
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

rentner

Thanks for the update, as always easy installation  8)

Subs-Post.php was shown in the version check 2.08 and red marked. I have changed it manualy to 2.09.
Hope it is OK

Many thanks

rentner

Just I got problems with some mods, after installing the update 2.0.9.
Following mods are not function anymore:
- Arcade games
- Aeva
- tapatalk --> get it funcion again after reinstall

As I try to reinstall Arcade and Aeva, the forum is break down and I have to restore the forum.
Hope I get it working again.

scimmiotto

Loop code example:
The following statement is FALSE
The previous statement is TRUE.

Advertisement: