2.0.9 Package Manager issue

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, October 02, 2014, 07:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

After update, the package manager seems a little messed up in the Latest Packages section.
Seems that can not click the packages for more info and to install them.
Also, there may be some code issues in one part of it:

QuotePackage of the Moment:
+
Page Number 2.0   

Burke ♞ Knight

Also, when try to run the installer for 2.0.9 install package, get this:

QuoteWarning!
This install script is out of date! The current version of SMF is 2.0.9 but this install script is for 2.0.8.

It is recommended that you visit the Simple Machines website to ensure you are installing the latest version.

The copyright on installer footer shows: SMF © 2013, Simple Machines

/**
* Simple Machines Forum (SMF)
* @package SMF
* @author Simple Machines http://www.simplemachines.org
* @copyright 2011 Simple Machines
* @license http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/license.php BSD
* @version 2.0.8
*/

$GLOBALS['current_smf_version'] = '2.0.8';
$GLOBALS['db_script_version'] = '2-0';

$GLOBALS['required_php_version'] = '4.1.0';

Kindred

What?   That last thing made no sense at all. You alreayd installed it and want to install it again?

The installer worked just fine on my systems...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Gee, every hear of making a test site, to see if the first issue is an issue on a clean install???

Kindred

Gee... Ever think that I did just that?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Gee, that was in reply of your uncalled for remark before.

Now, I pasted what it said, and what the install.php file has in it.
So, you tell me, how is it I found this, yet yours does not have this issue?

Arantor

Because most people don't test the installer which has to be changed manually IIRC - or the build script is acting up again. Bigger hammer required.

I don't think most people have any idea what is involved in building a package and the many many multitudes of what's required to *actually* test it. Namely the fact that the current build process pretty much can't build packages unless they're shortly about to go live.

Burke ♞ Knight

Well, checking the dates, the last time install.php was modified, was on 6/16/14 1:23 PM
So, maybe the updated one did not get copied into the zip file?

Do note, I use the zip file, not the tar.gz or tar.bz2 files.

Arantor

If only it were that simple, which it isn't.

margarett

The patch is fine. The installer/upgrades do have some issues :(
Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 02, 2014, 07:58:26 PM
After update, the package manager seems a little messed up in the Latest Packages section.

+
Page Number 2.0   
Well this is embarrassing :P A lot of team members tested the patch before it went "live" and none of us actually seen something that obvious :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on October 02, 2014, 08:32:31 PM
The patch is fine. The installer/upgrades do have some issues :(
Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 02, 2014, 07:58:26 PM

+
Page Number 2.0   
Well this is embarrassing :P A lot of team members tested the patch before it went "live" and none of us actually seen something that obvious :(

if your forum has not fetched files since the release was made that does not show, so something changed after release to show that issue.

Arantor

That would be because it's not in the patch.

That particular data is obtained from the server and was rewritten recently - on the server - for other reasons.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: Illori on October 02, 2014, 08:34:25 PM
if your forum has not fetched files since the release was made that does not show, so something changed after release to show that issue.

I tested on sites that fetched, and ones that did not.
This issue shows on all, even the install, which even with it's error, seemed to install with no other issues. Yet, the package manager issue is there, too.

Illori

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 02, 2014, 08:41:07 PM
I tested on sites that fetched, and ones that did not.
This issue shows on all, even the install, which even with it's error, seemed to install with no other issues. Yet, the package manager issue is there, too.

my forum that has not fetched files does not show that issue.

Chen Zhen

When I test the upgrade script of SMF 2.0.9 on a local installation of SMF 2.0.8, I receive this message:
The upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.

I also receive many undefined errors in the upgrade template for the following $txt variables (which I had to add manually to the template_upgrade_above function)

$txt['upgrade_step'] 
$txt['upgrade_progress']
$txt['upgrade_overall_progress']
$txt['upgrade_time_elapsed']
$txt['upgrade_time_mins']
$txt['upgrade_time_secs']
$txt['upgrade_upgrade_utility']

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Oldiesmann

Install and upgrade version issues will be fixed soon. I'm rebuilding those packages at the moment, so give it 15 or 20 minutes and those should be fixed.

I have no idea why there would be missing language strings in the upgrade language file as that didn't change at all this time around. Will look into that when I have time.

Which JS file is messed up exactly?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Chen Zhen

For me to get the upgrade package to work properly, I had to define those $txt variables I mentioned at the onset of the template_upgrade_above function, change the version numbers at the onset of the upgrade.php file and also change the version reference (to 2.0.9) at the onset of index.english.php
After those changes the upgrade script worked correctly for me.

ie.

../upgrade.php

// Version information...
define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0.9');
define('SMF_LANG_VERSION', '2.0.9');

(can be added to ie. Admin.english.php but for testing I put it directly in the upgrade.php file)

function template_upgrade_above()
{
global $modSettings, $txt, $smfsite, $settings, $upcontext, $upgradeurl;

$txt['upgrade_step'] = 'Step';
$txt['upgrade_progress'] = 'Progress';
$txt['upgrade_overall_progress'] = 'Overall Progress';
$txt['upgrade_time_elapsed'] = 'Elapsed';
$txt['upgrade_time_mins'] = 'minutes';
$txt['upgrade_time_secs'] = 'seconds';
$txt['upgrade_upgrade_utility'] = 'Upgrade Utility';

../Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

// Version: 2.0.9; index

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

margarett

Those are in Install.english.php and I actually see the file there...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Oldiesmann

You don't need to change the language version in upgrade.php or the index language file. As long as the value of SMF_LANG_FILE in upgrade.php matches what's in index.english.php you'll be fine.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Chen Zhen

I did some more testing and found that after changing the version numbers at the onset of upgrade.php the undefined errors ceased.
When those were set at 2.0.8 (in error), it was displaying those undefined errors.

Now the issue I see is the package manager as BurkeKnight had mentioned.
None of the links work for what is showing in New Packages and Package of the Moment displays as he described.
(ref. db: admin_info_files.latest-packages.js)

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Advertisement: