News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

After upgrade to v2.0.9 fatal error

Started by jpzinsa, October 05, 2014, 08:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpzinsa

Hi Members

I just upgraded to SMF v 2.0.9

I am getting the following error after upgrade:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get2by2host_copyright() in /public_html/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 315

I am not very technical

Please advise

Thank you

Chalky

Hello  :)  How did you upgrade?  Using the patch through Package Manager or a different way?  Did you get any "test failed" during the install?

The true error is being masked in the one you're getting.  Can you go to Admin > Configuration > Server Settings and check the option "Disable evaluation of templates"?  Or is your forum completely out of action?

That actually looks like a mod is broken which makes me wonder whether you used the large upgrade package or something...

jpzinsa

Hi

the forum works - that error is showing right at the bottom of the index page

There were no errors during upgrade - it was a softaculous upgrade

jpzinsa

Getting this error now:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get2by2host_copyright() in /public_html/Themes/argentum_enhanced_smf20final/index.template.php on line 315

Burke ♞ Knight

Looks like your host's forced copyright is messed up, somehow.

jpzinsa

My host is a VIP Reseller account - no forced advertising - ever

Illori

Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 05, 2014, 09:17:48 AM
Looks like your host's forced copyright is messed up, somehow.
that is a mod, i bet it is using a hook to show the copyright.

you should not use your hosts control panel to upgrade, it causes issues like this.

do you have a backup you can restore?

if not try doing a backup first then running What is repair_settings.php? and using the link in the file to remove all hooks and see if it goes away.

or maybe the theme needs to be reinstalled?

Chalky

2by2host copyright is added by a mod too, I just can't remember which one...  What mods do you have installed?

It's always a bad idea to let Softaculous handle upgrades for you as it tends to break things.  If you took a backup of your files before you upgraded I suggest you restore it and upgrade the correct way using the patch - it isn't difficult to do.  If you don't have a backup we need to identify which mod is trying to place its 2by2hosting copyright in the footer.  The problem is we don't know what else Softaculous broke, so depending how many mods and customisations you have, it may be better to start afresh  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

Edit: Ninja'd by Illori  :)

Edit 2:  Looks like it's one of these mods  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=profile;u=150676

jpzinsa

Hi

Yes, I have Menu Buttons installed.

I have a backup so I just reinstalled it and everything is 100%

Managed to use the patch file to upgrade

Chalky

Nice one!!  :D  See here for the detail  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

Basically, in Package Manager > Browse Packages, you should have a message telling you there is a new version.  Click where it says and the patch will install as a mod  :)

jpzinsa

Thanks for the help Chalky and the other guys

Much appreciated

Chalky

Advertisement: