News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ultimate Menu

Started by live627, October 05, 2014, 12:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Quote from: Kindred on October 04, 2018, 10:49:40 AM
Well, things dont "just suddenly stop working"
That's not how computers work.

So, obviously, something changed... either you changed something that affected this mod or your host did.

nothing that i can recall that i hadn't done before except some manual HTML additions to another directory.

Ha, you wouldn't believe the strange things that happen on my systems  ???
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

live627

Quote from: DavidA2 on October 12, 2018, 08:54:58 AM
I just installed this mod. It's very easy to use and does just what I needed it to. However, I have been notified by a few members that they cannot see the buttons that have been added. I added two buttons and have double checked the "Allowed Groups". Both buttons are allowed to ALL groups in my forum. The members that cannot see the buttons are members of one of those groups.

What else could it be?

Update...I just had one user tell me that they can see the buttons in Firefox, but not in IE.
Site link please? Would I be able to see those buttons if I look as a guest?

DavidA2

Quote from: live627 on October 16, 2018, 11:46:07 PM
Quote from: DavidA2 on October 12, 2018, 08:54:58 AM
I just installed this mod. It's very easy to use and does just what I needed it to. However, I have been notified by a few members that they cannot see the buttons that have been added. I added two buttons and have double checked the "Allowed Groups". Both buttons are allowed to ALL groups in my forum. The members that cannot see the buttons are members of one of those groups.

What else could it be?

Update...I just had one user tell me that they can see the buttons in Firefox, but not in IE.
Site link please? Would I be able to see those buttons if I look as a guest?

Sorry. I know you don't sit by waiting to answer questions. But after not hearing anything for a few days, I bought and installed another menu mod that is working.

live627

as long as your problem is solved, it's all good.

:)

Black Tiger

Just a little question. Is it possible to upgrade this mod to php 7.2 compatibility please?
It's working, but it's throwing this error in the logs:
8192: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls
on line 33 of SubsUltimateMenu.php.

It's only on that line, so maybe it can be easily fixed?

Or maybe by a temp fix I can do myself? This is line 33:
while (list ($key, $row) = each($db_buttons))
I read that each() should be swapped out by foreach() but I can't just simply do that in this line otherwise the forum will turn blank. And I'm no coder.

So a mod upgrade or a little how to change this line would be very helpfull!
Greetings, Black Tiger

live627

Did you try

foreach ($db_buttons as list ($key, $row))

(I haven't tested this)

Black Tiger

Thank you for the quick reply.

No I did not try that because I don't know anything about coding, I can just read it a tiny bit. :)

Unfortunately it did not work, when changing to the suggested line, the following error occurs:
Undefined offset: 1
on line 33 also.
and the menu is not visible anymore.
Greetings, Black Tiger

live627

It's been so long since I wrote this that i forgot hew it works. :-[

Can you please try

foreach ($db_buttons as $key => $row)

Black Tiger

Oh that's no problem, i also tend to forget how certain things work after a certain time. :)

It seems that this new line has done the trick, at this moment I don't see errors anymore and the menu is still working.

Thank you very much!!
Greetings, Black Tiger

live627

Excellent! I'll make a new release with this change.

jsx

Hi live627

Where exactly can I see these lines in modification management?

$txt['admin_menu_desc'] = 'This page allows you to add and edit custom menu buttons.';

$txt['unchanged'] = 'Unchanged';

$txt['um_menu_edit_title'] = 'Edit Button';

Kindred

one of the language files... probably modifications.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

I know that these lines are in the file, but I can not see them in the modification settings.

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Black Tiger on November 07, 2018, 09:42:37 PM
Just a little question. Is it possible to upgrade this mod to php 7.2 compatibility please?
It's working, but it's throwing this error in the logs:
8192: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls
on line 33 of SubsUltimateMenu.php.

Identical situation here too, my web-hosting provider updated to php 7.2  :(

Additionally I am also getting several log alerts about Subs.php lines, which I do not know if these are also related to this mod.
My forum this is unmodified since 2017 and up to date (regarding mod files or new settings)

live627

The latest is v1.0.3 which was supposed to fix that error about each().

Your extra logs are provably unrelated since this mod does not edit Subs.php. But I can still help  you.  Can you post them? I suspect that if you go  to php 7.1 they'll  go away.

Kindred

Well, SMF itself is not compatible with 7 2
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kiriakos GR

Solution which worked for me and advice which came from my web hosting provider =>  Any one using cPanel for web site management,  he may use MultiPHP manager module and select PHP 5.6  as default PHP engine for his website.

By that adjustment, entire SMF code and mod files, they do return in a lets called it as normality, and there is no more error logs. 

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: live627 on April 15, 2019, 08:09:33 PM
Your extra logs are provably unrelated since this mod does not edit Subs.php. But I can still help  you.  Can you post them? I suspect that if you go  to php 7.1 they'll  go away.

Thanks for you willingness to help.
My SMF installation this is in good standing position, but I will mention a small issue, possibly this could become a new idea for a new next mod.
At Package Manager -> Browse Packages   some installed mod packages, they appear as not installed.
I am now assuming that cleaning of database logs which I did a year ago, this caused the problem.

Therefore what it would help, this is a mod finding active installed packages and to register them back at Browse Packages   list as installed ones.

For now I am handling this problem by closing my eyes  :) 
All mod files I am using were tested back in 2017, and I do not install anything new since then.

live627

Manually clearing the log tables is a bad idea. The package log is only one of the possible symptoms. Another one is the unread lists. That might annoy your users.

That mod idea actually isn't feasible. The only way that SMF even remotely knows which packages are installed is through  log_packages. There's no other tracked system; mods can do anything and are quite different across authors. You could compare code from a mod package and your codebase and recompile your lists that way, but that is very brittle and unreliable for a machine because another mod might change the code. If using integration hooks: reverse compiling is easier because things do not change much; the list of functions to call is just that: lists. But a mod in practice usually stores several hooks. Best guesses would need to be made, and user input would be required every step of the way.

In short: don't  delete the package  log!

To illustrate: I have 90 mods installed and most of them won't uninstall, many dating back to 2011. Updating to  2.0.14/2.0.15 required me to manually move code. I even had to uninstall a mod. Maintaining a site through updates is hard.

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: live627 on April 16, 2019, 07:38:19 AM
To illustrate: I have 90 mods installed and most of them won't uninstall, many dating back to 2011. Updating to  2.0.14/2.0.15 required me to manually move code. I even had to uninstall a mod. Maintaining a site through updates is hard.

My SMF forum this is standing since may 2012 up to date, and I did manage to recover a scrabbled SMF omelette three times,  in the positive side of things all mod packages I am using they are useful and uninstall does not required.

I am using Ultimate Menu 1.0 and now I need to ask if there is any risk at activating this installer another one time, so this to register it self as installed mod?
Is there any risk of double entries ? 

Advertisement: