News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ultimate Menu

Started by live627, October 05, 2014, 12:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

yes. running the installer a second time almost definitely WILL result in duplicate code in a multitude of places.

this is why you don't ever do direct edits to the database.....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kiriakos GR

Editing (cleaning) of database manually this is unavoidable.

Some one forgot to implement even a setting this cleaning the database from what Users typed in the keyword search field, and many more.

Arantor

Quote from: Kiriakos GR on April 16, 2019, 01:13:40 PM
Editing (cleaning) of database manually this is unavoidable.

Some one forgot to implement even a setting this cleaning the database from what Users typed in the keyword search field, and many more.

I haven't cleaned my databases manually ever. Never had any problems.

Kindred

Nor have i.

Kiriakos
Once again,  you have described some bizarre belief in something that is not backed by any reality.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

Polish translation.

@live627

Please put this translation in a modification. :)

I set the ManageUltimateMenu.polish.php file to ISO-8859-2, but Notepad++ detects the encoding as ANSI. Translation in this format is displayed correctly on the forum with ISO coding.

Kiriakos GR

Quote from: Kindred on April 16, 2019, 10:36:31 PM
Nor have i.

Kiriakos
Once again,  you have described some bizarre belief in something that is not backed by any reality.

My reality explained with words will cost you 500 Euro paid upfront.

Kindred

Sorry, Kiriakos -- If I want hallucinations, I can buy some drugs on the threes for 50 bucks.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Also, an evening out to see a world-famous comedian is cheaper than that.

njtweb

Hopefully this is still supported.

How can you make the 1st level not do anything?

First level <-- Do nothing
- Second level <-- Link
- Third level <-- Link
etc.....

Kindred

Why?

Having the first level do nothing is wasted space
Слaва
Украинi

jsx

live627,

In this modification I have added one menu with several sub-links. Every time I uninstall the old version of TinyPortal, this my menu always disappears from the bar. Then when I want to recreate this menu, I can not do that. The menu is not displayed on the bar. So I uninstalled this modification using the "Remove all data associated with this modification" function and reinstalled this modification, but unfortunately the menu still was not added to the bar. The menu does not appear on the bar when an external link is added.

jsx

I always added my menu (button) after the Forum button. Now when I want to add my menu after the Forum button, unfortunately my menu will not be displayed. However, if I add my menu, e.g. after the Help button, the menu displays and works properly. So why is this happening? After all, I installed the modification clean, without previous settings.

jjfeenix

I am currently using ver. 1.0 of this mod on SMF ver. 2.0.15.  I am trying to fix tons of "Only variables should be passed by reference" errors (4603 since Nov. 2).

I found ver. 1.0.3 on Github and Uploaded it. In the Package Manager, ver. 1.0.3 is marked as older version (red circle) and there is no [Install] option.

Do I have to [Uninstall] ver. 1.0 before I'm able to install ver. 1.0.3? If so, will my custom buttons be retained?

Thanks

live627

Quote from: njtweb on May 21, 2019, 08:23:26 AM
How can you make the 1st level not do anything?
Try external link javascript:void(0)

Quote from: jjfeenix on November 05, 2020, 11:34:33 PM
I am currently using ver. 1.0 of this mod on SMF ver. 2.0.15.  I am trying to fix tons of "Only variables should be passed by reference" errors (4603 since Nov. 2).

I found ver. 1.0.3 on Github and Uploaded it. In the Package Manager, ver. 1.0.3 is marked as older version (red circle) and there is no [Install] option.

Do I have to [Uninstall] ver. 1.0 before I'm able to install ver. 1.0.3? If so, will my custom buttons be retained?

Thanks
You can ignore  those  circles as they aren't telling the right story.

Uninstall the old; I believe it even has a readme indicating how to keep or remove data.

jjfeenix

live627:

QuoteYou can ignore  those  circles as they aren't telling the right story.

Uninstall the old; I believe it even has a readme indicating how to keep or remove data.

This worked out great. All the errors have disappeared!

live627

Shades.

Just a future request for this mod is the ability to change the icon for each link/button instead of just having a bunch of question mark icons for every one but this is a great mod and this is just a suggestion! ;)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

live627

Thanks. Is this request on 2.1?  What would be a good way t o input  icons? Should it be similar to the membergroup icons input ?

Shades.

Yes for 2.1
QuoteShould it be similar to the membergroup icons input ?
Yes something like that would probably be good!
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

MaxxD

I have custom member groups that general members who would be "Regular Members" are defaulted to instead, and the custom member groups inherit permissions from Regular Members.
My custom member groups aren't listed under the Allowed Groups in the new buttons, so I can't enable it for most of my members.

Would it be possible to show/add custom member groups for Allowed Groups please? Or should I go about enabling it another way? I can't find anything specific to Ultimate Menu in the permissions so I'm a little at a loss, haha.

I enjoy how user-friendly and clean it is, so I'm hoping to stick with this mod if possible. Thanks for reading!

Advertisement: