News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ultimate Menu

Started by live627, October 05, 2014, 12:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Quote from: glasschalice on June 09, 2023, 03:07:41 AMCould you help me out with this since I'm not very familiar with coding?  What folder is index.css in?  I found them in each individual themes css folder but that would mean this would need to be changed for each theme?  And is "my-image" above the name of the actual image file I'd want the question mark changed to?  TIA

See this post of mine in the NameX theme thread, you will understand how to add these icons to Ultimate Menu in the theme you are using:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=583206.msg4146927#msg4146927

live627

Quote from: user58389239 on June 02, 2023, 05:23:22 PMI wanted to call out this post I just created in the 2.1 support, there is a claim in there that the error is because of Ultimate Menu. Does that seem possible? If so, any suggestions for a fix without removing UM? We rely pretty heavily on it so I'm not crazy about the idea of removing it:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=586017.0
This menu mod does not affect any security features including the questionnaire or anything related to topics

user58389239

That's what I was thinking...I think this is just a coincidence and unrelated. "Correlation does not equal causation"

user58389239

I'm getting this error when trying to add a menu item. I'm wondering if I screwed something up, as I imported the table entries from my Dev site.

Field 'id_button' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/Class-UltimateMenu.php
Line: 327

Database Error: Field 'id_button' doesn't have a default value

Any ideas of a quick fix?

Kindred

So?  Set the field to have a default value (usually null)

This has been an issue for so many old mods and has been answered dozens,  if not hundreds of times, that I am disappointed in any user who did not bother to use a basic search first....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Quote from: user58389239 on July 14, 2023, 10:55:37 AMDatabase Error: Field 'id_button' doesn't have a default value
Is that field auto increment? It should be.

Quote from: Kindred on July 14, 2023, 01:25:14 PMm disappointed in any user who did not bother to use a basic search first....
Prepare to be continually disappointed. If Google keeps getting worse at returning relevant and helpful results, how do you expect users to think that the forum search will fare any better?

The art of carefully crafting keyword-rich Boolean search queries is dead. Google killed that a very long time ago.

user58389239

That comment seemed uncalled for, Kindred. I DID do a Google search on this forum (I do that every time before I post a new post). I know how to create keyword-rich Boolean search queries.

What I did not know is that the same error for other mods applies to UltimateMenu. I saw posts about this error, but only for other mods. I was searching mainly centered around this particular mod. It did not occur to me that the same solution would apply. I'm not a developer, I'm just trying to do the best I can as a volunteer Admin for a forum I am passionate about. I don't know enough about databases to know if applying the same solution for another mod would break this particular mod. I'm a bit out of my depth here.

I will go ahead and apply the solution suggested on other posts.

live627

But is it auto increment? It should be.[/quote]

CreativeITWorld.com

Very good. Works well in SMF2.1.4.

Only one issue. I'm sure someone has mentioned it by now, but just in case ...

Once you get beyond 20 entries, the risk of failure worsens. When one entry fails, it effects other entries in a cascade. The answer is to Activate all of the failed entries, but the problem is that they are now on two pages and it becomes impossible to activate them all. Try one at a time? Works for a bit and then another failure.

I gave up, read through the files in the Zip, and I solved the problem:

Sources/ManageUltimateMenu.php
Line 48: 'items_per_page' => 20,

Change it to 'items_per_page' => 100,

Then just activate everything and it all works again without fail.

Other Manual Edits I found useful are removing the Calendar and TinyPortal Menu Buttons using /* and */ so that I can re-add them later in Home and Admin:

Disabled - Menu Calendar
Sources/Subs.php Line 5534 to 5552

/*
            'calendar' => array(
                'title' => $txt['calendar'],
                'href' => $scripturl . '?action=calendar',
                'show' => $context['allow_calendar'],
                'sub_buttons' => array(
                    'view' => array(
                        'title' => $txt['calendar_menu'],
                        'href' => $scripturl . '?action=calendar',
                        'show' => $context['allow_calendar_event'],
                    ),
                    'post' => array(
                        'title' => $txt['calendar_post_event'],
                        'href' => $scripturl . '?action=calendar;sa=post',
                        'show' => $context['allow_calendar_event'],
                        'is_last' => true,
                    ),
                ),
            ),*/

Disabled - Menu TinyPortal
TinyPortal/Integrate.php Line 468 to 482

/*if(allowedTo('tp_settings')) {
            $buttons = array_merge(
                    array_slice($buttons, 0, array_search('calendar', array_keys($buttons), true) + 1),
                    array (
                        'tpadmin' => array (
                            'icon' => 'tinyportal/menu_tp.png',
                            'title' => $txt['tp-tphelp'],
                            'href' => $scripturl.'?action=tpadmin',
                            'show' =>  TPcheckAdminAreas(),
                            'sub_buttons' => tp_getbuttons(),
                        ),
                    ),
                    $buttons
            );
        }*/

Please use the code tags when posting code. ~ Steve

live627

Can you clarify those failures? Those might be possible bugs that I'll need to fix. Do the menu entries just disappear from the menu? Does some text not render correctly in the table?

live627

I feel like this is déjà vu and that I might have already fixed this. Which version of the menu mod is this?

user58389239

I am not certain that this issue is related to Ultimate Menu, but since we have it installed I thought I would start here.

We are on the latest SMF version 2.1.4.

We consistently get these errors for one user who is an Admin, and only this one user:

https://www.site.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=tracking;sa=ip;u=xxxxx;searchip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 /home/site/public_html/forum/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (Line 269) 
2: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, null given

https://www.site.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=tracking;sa=ip;u=xxxxx;searchip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 /home/site/public_html/forum/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (Line 261)
2: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

/home/site/public_html/forum/Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php (Line 255)
2: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Kindred

That's not a problem with the menu at all.... it's a problem that something (a mod?) is not adding the correct values to the menu arguments
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

but it IS from a menu. Might be the menu bug that will be fixed in SMF 2.1.5.

Remove menu item if all submenu items are disabled

user58389239

The only Mod we have installed is Ultimate Menu, so if it is related to a Mod it must be this one.

I'll keep an eye out for the release of 2.1.5 and see if it fixes it. Thanks!

user2020

On some themes the icon is missing on custom links. How to fix this or add my own icons to them? I'm using the Steyle-V4 theme.

VE3JOC

I installed the Ultimate Menu mod ans set it up along with permissions.  I created a category and then tried to upload a file for download.  I entered a title, selected the category, added a description and then clicked the Browse button and selected a file.  Then I clicked the "Add Download" button.  It appeared to be uploading but the stopped and said that there was an error. It said "You need to enter a Title."

I went back and entered a title again, even though I had entered one the first time, and tried again but go the same error again.  How do I correct this or is it s bug in the mod?

http:\\visualfoxproforums.com - Dedicated to Foxpro Users Everywhere.

live627

Can you add a screenshot?

VE3JOC

Sorry, I decided to make it simple and just use attachments instead.  Thank you for responding anyway.

Cheers
http:\\visualfoxproforums.com - Dedicated to Foxpro Users Everywhere.

manudevil

Hello !

I used Ultimate Menu on my forum, SMF 2.1.4. Last week, it stopped working. No additional button anymore...
When I try to add a button, I got a message :
Field 'slug' doesn't have a default value
Fichier: /homepages/XXXXX/forum/Sources/Class-UltimateMenu.php
Ligne: 327

What can be done ?

Thank you.

Advertisement: