Problems with update 2.0.9

Started by rentner, October 08, 2014, 10:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rentner

Hi all,

after installing version 2.0.9 I had problems with some mods.
I tried to deinstall them but.....
Tapatalk was not problem, it was working again.
But some ADK mods do not function anymore and as I tried to deinstall, the Forum break down and I had to restore it to version 2.0.8.

Now I had a further problem (beside of the mods).
If I install 2.0.9 again and I writing something in the forum I get the message that the forum is temporary not available.
After reloading the side the written text is correct shown.

All coments are welcome, who can help me to fix this problem.

Sorry for my bad Englisch but I try my best to explain it as good as I can.

PS: This is the first time that I got problems with updates. The updates in  the past where always easy and quick installation.
Right now I restored to version 2.0.8 and all function well.

kat

How did you install the update? Through Package Manager?

If I remember rightly, the ADK team threw a hissy-fit over something and removed all of their mods from here. :(

As for the message that the forum is temporary not available, is/was there anything in the error log?.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I too have an issue with 2.0.9 update, if I try to use the package manager to install, it gives me a 403 forbidden error, and I do not want to use the other method to install as I have many custom edits that will have to be redone and more mods than I care to redo if I don't absolutely have to, I've always had good results with the package manager method until now...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

rentner

I did install over Package Manager as always.
That's the easies and safest way for me.

I get some panic at the first time therefore I forgot to have a look in the error log.
And now I suspect that the error log is over-written by restore.

So I will try a new update and than I will do a have look in the error log.

Thanks

kat

Quote from: Bob Perry on October 08, 2014, 11:31:02 AM
I too have an issue with 2.0.9 update, if I try to use the package manager to install, it gives me a 403 forbidden error, and I do not want to use the other method to install as I have many custom edits that will have to be redone and more mods than I care to redo if I don't absolutely have to, I've always had good results with the package manager method until now...

"mod_security"? File ownership?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: K@ on October 08, 2014, 01:21:51 PM
Quote from: Bob Perry on October 08, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

"mod_security"? File ownership?

Duh, its amazing what you run into daily when trying to resolve things like this, seems like I run into solutions sometimes that make me think I'm still in grade school (chuckling at myself for not seeing it sooner)... I've always used the clickable link found in the package manager notification that lets you know, it never was a necessity before and I thought the only way to do it other than that link was to use the full package(s) in the main download section... then yesterday while searching through the posts from others and the stickied topics in the notification itself by Oldiesman (Thanks Dude) an alternative jumped out at me, downloading the patch itself and uploading it to package manager manually had never occurred to me before, self head slap ensued... issue resolved
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

kat

rentner

Just I tried to update to Version 2.09 again but get a new Problem.

Always as I writing a new post I get an error page, see attachment.
But the post was written in the Forum?!?! As I go back with back space I see a seconed Problem beacuse the Forum inform me that in the meantime a post was written, but it was my own post?!?

I am a little bit desperate that I cannot get running the Version 2.09.

Any help would be fine.

kat

That's odd. I had similar problems, a while back. Turned-out that it was something weird, going on, with my browser.

Can you try a different browser, just to confirm that the issue isn't with whatever browser you're using?

rentner

This Problem is with all Browsers.
I had tested with Firefox, Microsoft I-Explorer and with Chrom.

How did you solve this problem?

rentner

Maybe just I found a Problem it belongs to that Problem.

Avea Media seems to be incompatible to the new SMF Version.
But unfortunately I cannot uninstall it. I got some Errors from the packed Manager, see attachment.
Some idea how I get out this mod from the Forum?

I remember me from my first try when i uninstall this mod the Forum break down and I had to restore the whole Forum.

Kindred

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

also, aeva works fine with 2.0.9 if you did the upgrade patches...   it apparently only fails as a fresh install on a clean copy of 2.0.9 -- but, then again, aeva has not been supported for 2 years or so.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

AEVA should be OK with v2.0.9, as far as I know.

If I remember correctly, the cookie had become corrupt. I just changed the cookie name, in Server Settings and it cured it.

If I remember correctly...

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2015, 10:25:03 AM
aeva works fine with 2.0.9 if you did the upgrade patches...   it apparently only fails as a fresh install on a clean copy of 2.0.9

It's documented in the support thread for aeva...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rentner

Quote from: K@ on January 02, 2015, 10:25:37 AM
I just changed the cookie name, in Server Settings and it cured it.

I changed the Cookie Name but the Problem still exist.

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2015, 11:02:13 AM

Quote from: Kindred on January 02, 2015, 10:25:03 AM
aeva works fine with 2.0.9 if you did the upgrade patches...   it apparently only fails as a fresh install on a clean copy of 2.0.9

It's documented in the support thread for aeva...

I had installed the Version 1.4w but this Version makes Problem on my Forum.
I cannot Change anything in the Setting and uninstall is not possible?! I get always the error page above.

Kindred

look... you said that you installed a fresh set of files and then reinstalled the mods...   that is your problem, and it really can not be solved.

There are two other galleries out there...
Слaва
Украинi

rentner

It seems that an older version on the Forum is.
But the new one was installed before remove the old one.
Is there a possibility to get out the old changes in the php file or have I to modify all file by hand as described in the change log?

Arantor

Technically there are 4 other galleries: SMF Gallery Lite (free) or the paid options, SMF Gallery Pro, Levertine Gallery, SMF Packs Multimedia Gallery.

Removing the changes by hand is mostly your only choice now :(

rentner

Many thanks for all the answers.

Now I have uninstalled the aeva by Hand step by step --> OK

But please can you help me with my second Problem:

Quote from: rentner on January 02, 2015, 05:31:04 AM

Always as I writing a new post I get an error page, see attachment.
But the post was written in the Forum?!?! As I go back with back space I see a seconed Problem beacuse the Forum inform me that in the meantime a post was written, but it was my own post?!?

kat

If it's not the cookie... Is there anything in the ol' error logs? (Either the SMF one, or the server one)

rentner

Yes in the Forum error log are a many of Messages.

a couple of goe to the mediapro.. what the hell is...., see attachment.

EDIT: I just realize that it is the new mod instead of aeva " Simple Audio Video Embedder".
But why I get a many of error with it?
The embedding of Youtube videos is function.

rentner

Just I have the Error narrowed, I think.....

After uninstall all mods I get only error messages from the subs-editor.php

Always if a post is generated in the Forum, no matter where, I get a error log like this in the attachment.

kat

"Undefined index" errors suggest that the mod simply didn't install correctly. The software's trying to call indexes that aren't in the database.

The mod... is it compatible with the version of SMF that you're using?

Which mod is it, exactly?

rentner

Yes but witch mod is not correct installed, that is what I not find.

I have all mod uninstalled but without improvement.
So I have some mod reinstalled.

Right now I have the following mods installed:

- Simple Audio Video Embedder 3.1
- SimplePortal 2.3.6
- SimplePortal - German language 2.3.5 (fits according Simpleportal)
- Google Member Map 2.6
- Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin 4.2.0
- Stop Forum Spam 1.0
- Tinypic Plugin 1.0.0

Just I have done a post over Tapatalk and with it I get no error page!?

rentner

News:

Just I tried an older Version from PHP I go to 5.2.17 on the Web-Server and now it function, no error page!!!
But I still get the error Messages in the error log. See atttachment.

I am really doesn't understand anything now - confusion  >:(

Kindred

1- it looks like you had a countdown mod at one point and that did not fully uninstall
2- it suggests that the embed mod was not fully installed or that a previous emebed mod was not fully uninstalled

3- OMG NO.   Get a good version of php... 5.2 is insecure and unsupported.
Слaва
Украинi

rentner

I cannot remember me that I ever had installed a countdown mod.
But however maybe a colleague from who was managing the Forum before me had done it??!

Nevertheless, how I get this countdown out from the files if I doesn't know what kind it was?
Is it enough to delete the lines who shows the error log?

The PHP version 5.2 I will let running as long as I search the fault.

Kindred

php 5.2 is a BAD choice to leave running. It is asking for your site to be hacked.

No, you don't want to go deleting random lines since the mod might have added code to an existing line instead of adding a new line.
If it keeps generating errors and you don't know what mod was installed to create the error code, then you may have to do a clean overwrite of files and reinstall mods one by one.
Слaва
Украинi

rentner

About php 5.2 it is the only Chance to let run the Forum at the Moment.
If I go back to the 5.3 or 5.4 Version the Errors come back.

Sorry for my stupid questions but how get I a clean overwrite?

When I know the name from the countdown mod the it could be easy to install and then to uninstall with hope that the error away.
Can you give me a tip how I can go Forward now?
Many thanks for all you help at this stage.

EDIT:

Or another idea:
I have done a search on all Forum filed with "countdown", see attachment.
Is it possible to delete all the codes are in this files are in contact with "countdown"?

rentner

OK understood.

I will try it.

Many thanks again.

rentner

Sorry to pain you again.

Right now I fix all problems are described above, after I install and reinstall the mods.

The Forum is running with PHP 5.5 now and without error Messages in the log file.

But Now I get a new Problem with the shoutbox.
After posting in the shoutbox the refresh icon is working continuous and just after refresh the page I see the posting.
And I get a error message in the log see attachment.

Also here any idea?

Sorry again for asking.

Arantor

Well, your portal isn't PHP 5.5 compatible... you should ask whoever its author is.

rentner

Arantor

Except 5.4 didn't introduce the /e deprecation. Go ask your portal author!

rentner

I asking the SimplePortal Forum and the give me the information that this portal is working with PHP 5.5.

So it seems that nobody can help me in this case.

Have anybody a recommendation about a good shoutbox, then I deactivate the shoutbox from Simplportal and use another one?

Many thanks.

Illori

when did you last update simple portal? i bet the version you are using is not the latest version and needs to be updated to get the fixes. just to disable the shoutbox does not remove the errors unless you remove simple portal.

rentner

I have installed the latest version of SimplePortal 2.3.6

rentner

Just I get a little help from the simple portal buys. Now the errors are away but the problem with the automatic refresh from the shout box are still there.

Will see with the new 2.1 software we can solve the problem in the future.

Thanks for all answers.

Kindred

do not install 2.1 on your site....

2.1 is currently in BETA... this means tha - unless you know what you are doing and can debug and edit code - it is NOT appropriate for a production site.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: