[free] Studio-001, Studio-002 and Studio-003

Started by Bloc, October 16, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

As long as "mypic" is used when fetching the colors/stylesheet, then yes, doesn't matter. If it still doesn't work, then maybe something was left out further up?

Kindred

hmmmm.... I'll keep looking into it.

one other thing noticed:

<li class="first', $childbutton['active_button'] ? ' topactive ' : '', '">
<a href="', $childbutton['href'], '"', isset($childbutton['target']) ? ' target="' . $childbutton['target'] . '"' : '', ' class="', $childbutton['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', 'firstlevel">

generates an error on every page load...

8: Undefined index: active_button
File: /....../Themes/Studio003/index.template.php
Line: 344
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bloc

Yes, an error that should have been corrected. I mistakenly thought loadMenuContext actually put the "active_button" variable/check on all items..but not so. :P

The theme code should rather read this, to accommodate the mistake:

<li class="first', isset($childbutton['active_button']) && $childbutton['active_button'] ? ' topactive ' : '', '">
<a href="', $childbutton['href'], '"', isset($childbutton['target']) ? ' target="' . $childbutton['target'] . '"' : '', ' class="', isset($childbutton['active_button']) && $childbutton['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', 'firstlevel">

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

another tweak...

got rid of the IMAGES for on/off/on2/redir

.on_button{display:block;width:50px;height:50px;border-radius:25px;font-size:20px;color:#fff;line-height:50px;text-align:center;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,' . $settings['header_bgcolor'] . ',black)}
.on2_button{display:block;width:50px;height:50px;border-radius:25px;font-size:20px;color:#fff;line-height:50px;text-align:center;background:linear-gradient(to top,' . $settings['header_bgcolor'] . ',black)}
.off_button{display:block;width:50px;height:50px;border-radius:25px;font-size:20px;color:#fff;line-height:50px;text-align:center;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,grey,black)}
.redir_button{display:block;width:50px;height:50px;border-radius:25px;font-size:20px;color:#fff;line-height:50px;text-align:center;background:linear-gradient(to top,grey,black)}

this now creates the circles, but uses the defined heading color for the ON/ON2

and then replace the image echo statements in boardindex (and messageindex) template

echo '
<a href="', ($board['is_redirect'] || $context['user']['is_guest'] ? $board['href'] : $scripturl . '?action=unread;board=' . $board['id'] . '.0;children'), '" class="on', $board['new'] ? '' : '2', '_button">&nbsp;</a>';

(with appropriate changes for off and redir)
and removal or comment out of the existing <a... link code
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

BTW: Figured out the issue with the dorpdown/select...    I had changed the set values for the fields... but negelcted to change the values in the if statement - so it was getting SET to "negotiator" but was CHECKING for "1"

fixed that now...

a few more tweaks to go. :)

You never did answer one question...   what icon set is being used for the main menu?
Слaва
Украинi

Bloc

I don't recall exactly what they were called...but there should be a PSD file to add more to them? In any case,using your own is a simple as making the sprite for them(and adding a few extra css styles of course, they follow the button id's anyway)

Kindred

So, I have made additional tweaks

here's the list of updates I have applied

1- corrected the list displays (they are all broken in AlphaCentauri, Studio001, Studio002 and Studio003)
2- replaced the on/on2/off/redir images with divs/spans using a radius. This includes the main "images" for eahc board and the descriptive "images" at the bottom of the board index
3- Added a dropdown to select a theme variation (each variation requires its own CSS at the moment)
4- Made the color selector option (in the BAC section) apply the color to the on/on2/off/redir as well as a few other places
5- made the color choice use a gradient in the headings and "image" replacements
6- fixed some CSS issues that had mods like gallery and wiki dropping the main section below the right/left nav options
7- added about 8 more icons for the mobile version/mods
8- tweaked the newsbox/titlebox
9- tweaked CSS to make a bunch of the sections use radius (rounded corners) rather than abrupt sharp edges.

Now, I am working on making the background image for the newsbox be actually responsive/fluid.

two variations:
test.turtleshellprod.com
los.turtleshellprod.com

Слaва
Украинi

Bloc

:) Glad you took the time to enhance it. Theres alot that can be done to tweak and improve upon it.

Incidentally, much of the concepts in the Studio themes - including the BAC options - have been transformed/moved over into an upcoming project of mine called "alpha-themes", which i will put on github soon. Its a pure theme project, not a mod/theme. My goal is to also add various tweaks for other mods in this theme/repository, for all to use as they need. It will be GLP licenced as i don't want anyone re-selling derivatives of it, but certainly encourage free themes built from it.

You see, the Studio-themes were nice, but I felt I had to rewrite the CSS 100% instead of just tweaking SMF 2.0 styles to meet my goals and plans for it, it gets to a point where you put up your hands and just want to start fresh, start better.But more on that when its live.

Kindred

Interesting...  I definitely would take a look at that when it is in some sort of ready (or close to ready) state. :)

I'm considering expanding the BAC options to include contrast colors and some other image selection tools.
Слaва
Украинi

Bloc

Yes, adding in color changers can really enhance a theme. Was this for every user? Or just a setting for admin?

Bloc

Just took a look at your links too, and I have to say they look really great! :) You've done an excellent job in transforming the originals, the rounded look suit them too(I  didn't really go for "curved" in these).

Kindred

I was planning to add the BAC color edits for the admin...   mostly because the sites that I am currently designing for have a definite color palate that should be adhered to...

but adding a profile option to choose a color combination (like the old Helios theme) is a nice idea for use extended beyond those two sites.
Слaва
Украинi

timidapsin

Am having problem with thos themes, when users try to login on mobile, it breaks the login page, and does not show the login button

Kindred

Hey Bloc....   it's working nicely.

Studio-003 has been modified and taken out of my test site to be live at http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum

It's pretty slick and does a nice job on mobile.

I changed a few more things...
theme sub-set changer at the top
accordion/touch-friendly menus for the side-bar in profile and admin
(the menus were getting too long and were pushing down the content a huge amount on mobile)
modified the header image CSS to be a bit more responsive
modified the header usermenu to look nicer with the header image background (and then change as the background shifts with the smaller screens)
had to disable a bunch of the sub-menu actions in the BAC screen since they were generating errors on every load of the BAC page. (local settings for BAC remains - the other screens are removed, since anything that called home was choking)
Some tweaks to the CSS to make the Likes mod play nice.
Some tweaks to the CSS to make the Levertine Gallery mod play nice
rewrote Ultimate profile mod template to use div:table instead of actual tables
modified the subs.php main menu to remove options which are duplicated and move some options to sub-menus.

next up...   re-write boardindex and messageindex to use div:table instead of actual tables...

Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Quote from: timidapsin on October 17, 2015, 08:56:45 PM
Am having problem with thos themes, when users try to login on mobile, it breaks the login page, and does not show the login button

You are going to need to be a little more specific.
What do you mean by "breaks the login page"?
URL demonstrating the error?

(because I am using these themes on several sites and they work very nicely on mobile devices...)
Слaва
Украинi

timidapsin

Quote from: Kindred on October 18, 2015, 08:30:55 AM
Quote from: timidapsin on October 17, 2015, 08:56:45 PM

You are going to need to be a little more specific.
What do you mean by "breaks the login page"?
URL demonstrating the error?

(because I am using these themes on several sites and they work very nicely on mobile devices...)
Wow its almost a year... what i meant is that when the theme is viewed using browsers like opera mini, it breaks the login page. as shown in the image below.

Any solution??

timidapsin

Quote from: Bloc on July 31, 2015, 11:25:20 AM
Just took a look at your links too, and I have to say they look really great! :) You've done an excellent job in transforming the originals, the rounded look suit them too(I  didn't really go for "curved" in these).
Hello bloc, thanks for creating this lovely theme, i need help in changing the width of the post page and some other sections of the theme to 100%, so the theme stretches and fits to screen, check the image below

[/size][size=78%][/size][size=78%] [/size]

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

timidapsin

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2016, 09:11:23 AM
timidapsin -- try viewing http://fx-sabers.com/forum or http://los.turtleshellprod.com with your opera mini browser?

Is it broken there?
yes it is,

even with chrome mobile browser

Advertisement: