News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Just upgraded to 2.09(large) leftover mod still listed)

Started by Nodaz, October 17, 2014, 06:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodaz

so in the package manager in my newly upgraded forum the following is listed:
1.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    SMF 1.0.20 / 1.1.12 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update    1.1             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Favicon    1.3                                                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Google Analytics Code    1.0                                     [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    Order Stickied Topics    1.01                             [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    Stop Forum Spam    0.5                                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    SMF 1.0.20 / 1.1.12 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    SMF 1.0.23 / 1.1.17 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    SMF 1.1.14 Update    1.0                                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    SMF 1.1.15 Update    1.0                                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    SMF 1.1.18 Update    1.0                                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    SMF 1.0.22 / 1.1.16 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16.    SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17.    Aeva Media    1.1b                                             [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18.    SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update    1.0                             [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19.    Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?    2.3                             [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20.    Prevent Adding Signature Images And Links    1.3     [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Installed mods: current version older version ( None show either the red or green dot)
Advanced

What are my options here, can i just go through and delete them all?
How do i know if they are actually working or not, or by default since i upgraded are they all "off"?

kat

Depends which version you upgraded from and whether the mods are compatible with 2.0.9...

Backup. Try to install a mod. If it works, great! Backup, again. Try another one. &c. &c.

You could look on each mod's page, to check the compatibility, first, of course. Some might need emulation, to install.

Burke ♞ Knight

Some may even have a 2.0.x version that needs to be downloaded and installed, instead of the copy you have now.
Also, some may have newer versions, you may want to use instead. ;)

Antes

You can safely delete patches listed on your package manager. Actual mods you are using, you need to check them on mod site, some mods puts two branch to same place but some mods separate them also you need to check if your mods are latest version to avoid problems.

Nodaz

i cant tell which are installed and which aren't, though under Installed packages, nothing is listed, i think it may be best just to delete them all and find the ones i want to use that are compatible and reinstall.

Arantor

Then nothing is installed. Large upgrade package should have removed *everything*.

Antes

None of them installed actually, some mods you don't see install button they are not compatible with your forum version, that's why I suggested you to go the mod's page and download the latest version if its compatible with your forum version, otherwise try to find alternatives. Do note, modifications made for SMF 2.0 RC 70% works with final release as well read here.

Nodaz

ok, so the package manager is just seeing packages i download and still sit in that folder.
gonna go with my plan to delete them all and start over with what i need.

Arantor

Advertisement: