Paid Subscriptions - Always enddate 2005 and Status is Finished

Started by agentblackhat, October 20, 2014, 07:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

In order to know if Krash's fix will work for you, do you use a business account at PayPal?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

OCJ

As far as I know it is just an ordinary account. There was a name change/upgrade for it a couple of years ago.

Account Type: Premier ; Verified
Merchant account ID....

Whether merchant account is the same as business account I do not know?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Seem to recall we tried to fix this for you quite a while ago.  Two things to know about PayPal email address in Paid Subs settings.  It is case sensitive, and must be exactly the same as in your PP account.  And, as per this thread, If you're using a secondary email address in a business account, it won't work without the posted fix.

If you can pm your url and give me admin access, will have a look tonight.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

OCJ

Yes Krash you did have a look a couple of years ago. You thought it was ok then.

Ok, the paypal email address set in SMF subscriptions is  the same as the primary email address on the paypal website in email settings - exactly. It is an email address from the domain used for SMF.

PaypaI sends payment notifications back to this and it is forwarded to my gmail account. I get these ok.
In paypal settings there are also 2 other personal email addresses.

'Email for Correspondence' in SMF subscriptions is different (gmail one).
My personal email in profile (admin) is the gmail one - different.

SMF Webmaster email is different in the AC panel.

OCJ

QuoteAlso... i am not aware of sny currently open issues with subscriptions...  so, either your issue was patched and fixed or it was never actually accepted.

Kindred, you will find the subscriptions 2005 bug on SMF github. Its been there quite a while.

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/1167

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, it's working now.  Currency code in Settings must be lower case, jpy not JPY, because of this -

// Verify the currency!
if (strtolower($_POST['mc_currency']) != $modSettings['paid_currency_code'])
exit;

The 2005 end date is not a bug, it's the default end date for an unactivated subscription.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Which suggests that the error was userside, not code side and thatbthe github issue can be closed with documentation that the currency code should be lower case (or possibly, forced to lower case in our code)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

That's only one case. We were seeing other instances of this error without that being a case.

It's all so nebulus and hard to track down. And has been an issue for longer than that GH issue.

Sir Osis of Liver

Any error that causes subscription to fail leaves the 2005 end date.  The error handling in Paid Subs needs work, don't know if it's improved in 2.1.  Posted a couple of suggestions on Dev board.

- R. Waters

Arantor

I didn't do anything to the reporting, I fixed up some of the cases that would cause it to fail. But without anyone testing to see if it helped, I gave up caring about it.

OCJ

Krash,
Thanks for taking a look and spending so much time.

I think when I checked the currency code on the web it was capitalised. Not sure if that was at paypal or other site (PHP), maybe both.
Looking up now, Wikipedia shows it capitalised for ISO 4217. Also PHP websites.

Even the drop down box for currency shows them capitalized in SMF subscriptions. Its worth putting a line of documentation/help topic there to remind people to put it in lower case.
Is there no way of checking these codes using PHP on saving the subscription?

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, this, and a similar problem involving email addresses, are easily fixed, just a question of the devs getting around to it.  I've brought it to their attention, so hopefully it'll be taken care of.

Let us know if you have any further problems.

- R. Waters

OCJ

I can confirm it is working  :)   (JPY > jpy)
Must be 3 years of manually setting dates and emailing notifications  600 times.

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't think that was your original problem, but don't really remember.  Will try to get this fixed in 2.1.

Edit:  Just checked the code, that's been fixed in 2.1 -

// Verify the currency!
if (strtolower($_POST['mc_currency']) !== strtolower($modSettings['paid_currency_code']))
exit;

The IPN post data and Paid Subs setting are both converted to lowercase for comparison.

- R. Waters

OCJ

QuoteDon't think that was your original problem, but don't really remember.

I think it was the same. Nothing changed since I started using SMF except moving hosting companies but that didnt help.  The only thing changed is the currency code problem.

Advertisement: