News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Few Issues with SMF

Started by desiamerican26, November 01, 2014, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desiamerican26

Hello Friends,

I freshly installed SMF 2.x and is having hard time figuring out few things in it. Even though I did see the options and did check/uncheck but the situation is still there. I will list it out here and please I need urgent help with those.

1. At the bottom of the Posts it shows "Report to Moderator". I click "DENY" for that but it still shows for regular users/members.

2. Right where it says "Report to Moderator", it shows "LOGGED", or IP address for a user whoever is logged in, not getting rid of that either.

3. When User makes the post, at the bottom it shows "REMOVE TOPIC" and "LOCK TOPIC". I click on "DENY" for that too but it's not going away. Also, where it says "Attachment and Other Options", it says "Lock this topic". I am not too sure how to get rid of that either.

4. When a user log-in, before I setup for "E-mail Activation", but since one of the user didn't receive any mail for long I personally had to activate the user.

5. Is it possible to remove "INSERT FTP LINK" ?

Please help me with these.

Thank You
Nik

Kindred

Since 2.x is not actually, a version, please include the ACTUAL version which you are using?

when you say DENY, do you actually mean deny or do you mean disallow?  They are actually two different settings in SMF.
If you have set it to disallow for one group and have it set to allow for any other group that the user might belong to, then the permisson will be allowed... 

What usually happens is that an admin sets it to disallow in regular members, but forgets that it was set to allow in some other group...  Maybe a post count based group?

As for the "logged", that is displayed, regardless of permission.  If you want to remove that, you would have to modify the display.template.php file directly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desiamerican26

Hello Kindred,

Sorry about that. The version is 2.0.9

It was on Disallow, but then I changed it to Deny

Please see the three attachments I am attaching. The attachment that says Untitled12, that's under "Regular Member"

What's Post Count Based Group? I am pretty sure I did mistake somewhere while doing these steps, but unable to find the glitch now  :(

I will check display.template.php

desiamerican26

I also just checked Post Count Based Group, Everything under that is set to Disallow i did set some too Deny

The following attachment is from Post Count "Newbie"

Kindred

Ok...  Can you provide a test login for a regular user account?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desiamerican26

Sure. You can use the one below:

User: adi007
Pass: hindustani8

Thank You for your time and Big Help

Kindred

Lol....  Also need the url....  ;)
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Using the adi007 user, I do not see the report to moderator link...   Nor do I see remove topic or lock topic.

Btw, though... I think that you have overdone the deny permission... You don't actually need to use deny at all, 99.99% of the time.  Correct use of allow and disallow is a better choice.
Слaва
Украинi

desiamerican26

When u log in. Go to MOVIES and TV Forum --> Mobile Bollywood Movie

There was a post made by this specific Id....When you click on that....you can either see it on top right corner and at the bottom....

When I click on Reply or Create new thread, it also shows where it says Attachment and Other Options "Lock this Topic"

I am attaching 3 pics. Please look into that.

Kindred

Oh...  So, I checked antihero topic, in a different board, also by the user...

So, the difference implies that you are using the board profile settings and that at least one of your boards has a different profile, which allows these permissions.

btw, IMO, you have WAY too many board for a brand new forum.
Слaва
Украинi

desiamerican26

I actually have a website that has all those topics but that is on Wordpress and bbpress forums....There are many things that bbpress doesn't have that SMF have.....That's the reason I am trying to get SMF and all the forums will be moved to SMF from bbpress.

using the board profile settings and that at least one of your boards has a different profile, which allows these permissions.

I exactly didn't understand the point here? What do I have to do? Please help me resolve the issue....

Kindred

Check your board permisson profile settings specific to each board.
Слaва
Украинi

desiamerican26

ok let me check on this one and I will get back to you soon....

desiamerican26

Hi Kindred,

Ok please see the steps I took and tried to fix but still no luck. I am not sure where I am wrong with this....please help me out.

Step 1. Admin > Members > Permissions > Settings, selecting Enable permissions for post count based groups

Image 1 n 2 shows the first step that I did.

Step 2. Admin > Members >Permissions > General Permissions

Image 3 is where I have those parts unchecked but still shows on the forum for regular members

I followed the steps above and I am attaching some screen shots too.

Arantor

So you've set those permissions for the default profile. In Board Permissions, what board(s) are using that profile?

desiamerican26

Hi Arantor,

In Board Permissions, what board(s) are using that profile?

By Board Permissions means what? I mean like where I have to go to check on that one?

Is it Admin > Forum > Board > Settings ?? If that's what it is then please chek the attachment.

Kindred

no.... http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Permissions#Board_Permissions

Can you PM me a login for an admin account?   Let me actually take a look at what you have set?
Слaва
Украинi

desiamerican26

I am doing it right now. please look over and help me out with this. It would really big help from you.

Kindred

ah ha....

so ---   it was exactly what we suggested. The board level permission profile had allowed those options to be visible.

However, it appears that you may have discovered a minor bug -- the "no polls" predefined profile (which can not be changed) allows those permissions. (logically, no polls should be a duplicate of "default" - with only the polls options disallowed)

You had set ALL of your boards except one to use the No polls profile....

I created an additional profile which duplicated your default profile - with the addition of disallowing polls for all membergroups and changed all of your "no polls" board to use that new profile.
Слaва
Украинi

desiamerican26

This is just amazing....I mean just WONDERFUL..... Thanx a lot Kindred.....This is just such a BIG HELP..... Thank you soo mucchhh...... ;D ;D

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: