News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BBC box and smiles not appear in posting editor and pm

Started by alchemikos, November 03, 2014, 07:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchemikos

Hello guys

I have a problem, the bbc buttons and smiles, and the fonts dropdown not appear in the text editors, ins posting and pm.. My choice in the theme configuration is active, the folder bbc is there, really I don't know how to fix it

My bbc activated

My text editors without the buttons:

A mod error ´cause can't see the bbcs:

margarett

Hi (olá) :)

CustomBBCodes is not a standard SMF template, so you have a MOD messing things.
Try to uninstall the Custom BBCodes MOD to see if it helps. You should perform a full files backup nevertheless. Something might be broken but it's not unlikely that we extend what's already broken :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

alchemikos

I uninstall the Custom BBCodes mod and that problem persists, I saw at the genenicscontrols template .php and i did not found a weird thing, the paths seems to be right  any other ideia?

Thanks

margarett

There is a theme option to show/not show BBC in post and PM:
ACP --> Configuration --> Current theme --> Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages

Maybe it's unchecked?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

Steve

Has it ever worked with any theme? If not, are the paths in  Administration Center » Smileys/Message Icons » Settings correct?
DO NOT pm me for support!

alchemikos

I Lost the default theme, and I tried just now to install other theme the safmc, the things became worst hehe, no bbcs and smiles too, I guess that I did a lot of mess modifying the fastline theme and in the end i'm a lucky guy having just the bbc/smiles trouble..

I had installed this theme in February, i can't remember what exactly I did, but the bbcs still running till last september

Kindred

how did you LOSE the default theme?   The system won't work at all without a theme in the "default" directory.....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alchemikos

The default folder is there in the server, but not the option to use it in the list

ARG01

I am no pro but could it be possible that the language package is not reading the bbc image folder correctly? Or maybe a lingering Custom BBCodes mod file causing the issue?
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

alchemikos

Quote from: SimpMode on November 04, 2014, 08:09:46 PM
I am no pro but could it be possible that the language package is not reading the bbc image folder correctly? Or maybe a lingering Custom BBCodes mod file causing the issue?

You're right ! Thanks
I did a test
I have other images that is not runing, open just the 'image in new tab , returns file not found 404 like for the:
alien.decimator.com.br/forum/Themes/Fastline/images/admin/support_and_credits.png

i tested with a bbc button:
alien.decimator.com.br/forum/Themes/Fastline/images/bbc/move.gif

but if i open by the file mananger in the server it opens, and if a put the 'http' opens too

What file can I edit to solve these broken links?

alchemikos

Now I know what is wrong
the path is wrong:
.../Themes/Fastline/images/...
the right is
...Themes/FastLine/images/

Would I rename the folder? Or ?

EDIT: The folder's name is right  with 'L" , instead 'l'..

margarett

What's wrong is that the images should come from default theme, not from a custom theme...
that's a strange setup you have there...

Anyway, is the path correct or not?

alchemikos

The word 'FastLine' in path was wrong, it as with the lower "L" = fastline, I edited the images path in the theme  called FastLine and a lot of images back to appear, but not the BBC box.

how I did the mess:
I downloaded a theme called fastLine, and edited, did a lot of mods and renamed to Decimator, but I renamed it just in the configuration area, I just created a new alias. the aimed folder is the same, but in the old theme, the fastLine, the path was wrinten /Fastline/ and the right is /FastLine/, so I edited the path.

I think that I need to change the var 'images_url' in some file but i cant find where is it

margarett

Can you PM me a temporary admin account so that I can check in place?

alchemikos

I didi all these mods and the forum was running well from February till September, so I dont't kow when the path was changed and why the bbc box disappeared

margarett

You have a really strange issue :P

The problem is that your theme cannot load some javascript files. Your "default_theme_url" is wrong (has an extra slash at the end) but, even fixing that (directly in the code, bad idea :P ) it doesn't work because you have some .js files missing in your "scripts" folder.
If you use firebug, most of the JS files are 404 not found.

You are missing SMF's default theme as we know it (despite the fact that you do have other folder with all files inside) and that creates all kind of havoc :)

Start with fresh files looks a good idea now :P Anyway check your PMs ;)

Kindred

as a note -  even with the default directory, you should never "delete" the default theme from your smf admin...   you can make it not selectable, but should never delete it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

The issue is now fixed. I copied the .js files from one folder to another and the BBC/Smileys already show up. I didn't copy *all* files (because your host's file manager sucks :P ) but I copied enough.
I also fixed in the database the URL for the theme pointed as default

Yet, you should consider to deploy a copy of your database somewhere and load fresh files. Then reinstall your theme, MODs and custom customizations. If you're happy with the result, then you should replace your "live" files. They way it is right now, it's only a matter of time until something gets broken for real...

Good luck ;)

alchemikos

Hello margarett

Dude thank's a lot
I was looking how to solve it for more than 1 1/2 week ago.
And the forum was worst than just missing BBC box, and in pieces by piece I fixed, untill these bbc trouble that I came to ask you here.

I need to back up all that forum that how maybe you saw we use to our band stuff and communication members instead emails...

What files did you copy/past from to?

margarett

I copied some files from Themes/default/scripts to Themes/FlatLine/scripts (theme.js is not to be copied).
I was to copy all of them (again, except theme.js) but your File Manager really sucks :P

alchemikos

Ok :)

Really that File Manager is a shame hehe, I manipulate the files in FTP ever. But sometimes that weird thing is necessary hehe..

I'll do that, really thanks so much Margarett!!!!

:)

Advertisement: