News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

fresh install of smf dosnt show prober design

Started by notaduck, November 06, 2014, 07:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notaduck

i just installed smf on my ubuntu 14.04 LTS server with an lamp stack. the installation was easy and no error or anything happend. but when i was fnish and lokke my page up 82.180.xx.xxx/smf [nofollow] it shows up like this ?

Edited by Colin to remove all caps title.

margarett

What is repair_settings.php?

;)

You probably installed SMF with localhost as address, now css fails because you're accessing it via ip. When you access it via URL it will happen again...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

notaduck

Quote from: margarett on November 06, 2014, 07:59:27 AM

;)

You probably installed SMF with localhost as address, now css fails because you're accessing it via ip. When you access it via URL it will happen again...

yep i defently installed with localhost ;) but what should i use instead of localhost?

Shambles

margarett provided a link which will sort you out.

That code will suggest paths & URLs based on where it's executed from.

notaduck

Quote from: Shambles on November 06, 2014, 08:13:12 AM
margarett provided a link which will sort you out.

That code will suggest paths & URLs based on where it's executed from.

and i am in the repair_settings.php right now but i dont know what i should tye instead of local host

Shambles

Isn't the code showing you a suggestion (possibly in blue)? If so, you can click the suggested address.

notaduck

Kindred

Basically, the sort of it is - you have misconfigured your system -- so it does not have the proper path and/or URL to get the CSS (and probably other) files.

repair_settings.php should detect the proper settings and allow you to set them..   However, if it is not detecting orrectly - it suggests that your server is not properly configured, or they way you are accessing it is confusing it...   Are you using  a hosted server?  Do you have a domain name ? (Why are you using local host or an IP address to access your site? - you should be using whatever your domain actually is)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

notaduck

Quote from: Kindred on November 06, 2014, 08:44:27 AM
Basically, the sort of it is - you have misconfigured your system -- so it does not have the proper path and/or URL to get the CSS (and probably other) files.

repair_settings.php should detect the proper settings and allow you to set them..   However, if it is not detecting orrectly - it suggests that your server is not properly configured, or they way you are accessing it is confusing it...   Are you using  a hosted server?  Do you have a domain name ? (Why are you using local host or an IP address to access your site? - you should be using whatever your domain actually is)

i have my own server and it is a -> Ubuntu 14.04 lts server -> Lamp

it is already hosting owncloud and i would like to host the smf aswell on it ;)
i can connect to 82.180.xx.xxx/owncloud [nofollow] and i can connect to 82.180.xx.xxx/smf [nofollow]  aswell

edit : it works now ;) thank you for the help GUYS !!!!!
it was some paths there was set to 127.0.0.1 and needed to be set to my wan ip

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

notaduck

i wont ;) especially because of the big red warning on the page hehe

but  i tried to install Euphoria but my page looked accurately as the attachment file i posted in the top post ?

kat

Check the theme's paths.

Or , "Attempt to reset all themes" at the bottom of the page Admin>Themes and layout>Theme settings.

Advertisement: